Sponsored

Stolen personal items

Nomod

First Name
Brien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S; '05 Pontiac GTO; '12 MBenz GLK; '99 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan; all purchased new - I tend to keep vehicles a long time
I keep a Ruger handgun lockbox cabled to the rear seat support in the event I am forced to leave a handgun in the vehicle (briefly) for some reason (ie doctor's office, etc).
Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Leaving a gun in a vehicle is one of the most irresponsible things a gun owner can do. Most people feel really bad about doing this, after the gun is stolen. How do you think the person who gets robbed or shot, with that stolen gun will feel. But, we have all been lectured about doing this, over and over and over and over again. Where do you think most criminals acquire gandguns???? From vehicles, and home break-ins, where the gun isnt secure well. If a gun must be left in a vehicle, then use a bolted down lockbox to secure it in.

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

After having countless stereos, change, and CD's stolen out of my Jeeps over the years (all soft tops), I have conditioned myself to believe that nothing is ever safe in the Jeep. Sucks that we have to learn the hard way, sucks even more that there are people out there like that. My biggest issue is when they slash the soft top windows to get in, like really? They are removable; adding insult to injury...

Last edited:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
In reality, it's a numbers game. If you think that some bullshit safe that you put in your Jeep will stop someone from stealing a gun, you are just wrong. a decent screwdriver will open just about any safe that you guys are using. the locking center counsel.....hahaha.

Just do a simple search on YouTube about what ever safe you are using in your car and watch someone bypass it with ease.

Still do what you can to keep your firearms secure, but be realistic about the probability.

According to google, there are 273.6 million vehicles

Overview. There were an estimated 773,139 thefts of motor vehicles nationwide in 2017. The estimated rate of motor vehicle thefts was 237.4 per 100,000 inhabitants.

So you have a .0004% chance of your vehicle being broken into. Of course you can increase your odds by being in shitty locations.

Last edited:

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
That sucks. If that happened to me I live in such a small town I would just ask the other 3 people "which one of you assholes did it"? lol

Sponsored

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
This is why I never intentionally leave a firearm in my vehicle. Had my vehicles broken into several times when I lived in TX and VA. That taught me to leave nothing in plain sight and definitely not to leave anything like a firearm in there unless it is really secured (had a Tuffy in my K5).

Try it. I think that you'll find that the opener won't work unless the ignition is turned on.

Later,
Johnny
That is good to know. I believe that is not the case with my older vehicles so I did not want to bother with it on the JL. Guess I'll program those buttons. My opener randomly flies off the visor into my lap so it will be nice to get rid of it.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Wow so many irresponsible gun owners not using lock boxes in their vehicles

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
I don't use a lock box. If I have to disarm to enter an .06, I pull the slide and carry slide and barrel inside. Ammo and lower stays wherever.

Technically, I am not carrying a firearm.

Oh, and to the idiot who steals my hand fitted lower in 9x23 your in for a shock getting it to work on anything.

The one time I had something firearm related removed from my truck was about 500 rounds of hand loaded open 9x23 ammo. Have fun w that dumbasses.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order

Sponsored

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
Keep the gun on your person, or leave it at home

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
Where did you mount in your JL? I like the vault but not sure where to mount...in the back I suspect.
I have mounted 2 in JL's, both in the back. I did mount the Tuffy front load version under the front seat for someone (it is GREAT but it is 16 gauge steel not 12, though the way it is mounted the bad guy would have a hell of a time getting leverage on it).

Here it is;
https://www.extremeterrain.com/tuffy-conceal-carry-underseat-jk-24701.html?utm_content=XTInterior-Storage|Tuffy&T5_Var4=J18277&intl=0&utm_campaign=XTW+Wrangler+Brands+&+Vehicle+Low+RLSA&dialogtech=ppc&utm_source=google-pla&utm_medium=shopping&T5_Var2=shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-rj9BRCAARIsANB_4ABNRsDunwynLT9GqLhf2dtPVeTgTUb4G_XMeBuPZrPy_6zaY1jTmLIaAm1oEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

You could also get a console mount. I have one ready to install for someone. Here it is;

There are others, those are just the ones I have installed.

Keep the gun on your person, or leave it at home
That is not always possible. Because of idiotic non sensical gun laws, you sometimes have to leave your firearm in the car to go into some places.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That sucks. If that happened to me I live in such a small town I would just ask the other 3 people "which one of you assholes did it"? lol
:LOL: There’s the plot for Clint Eastwood’s next movie!

It will cast Jack Nicholson and Dolly Parton as the neighbors, and be titled “Get Off My Jeep!”

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Yea I’m not gonna lecture the OP for his mistake. He’s already being punished. Here in NY we have tough gun laws so I have to travel to/from upstate with the gun in a locked box. No ammo in the box. If we stop at a restaurant I just bring it in with me and keep it on the floor between my feet.
It’s inconvenient but what’s worse is knowing something I purchased could be used to kill an innocent.

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Sorry for your misfortune. Please report this to the police ASAP, giving the make/model /serial # of the weapon. You do NOT want that weapon to be used in a crime and traced back to you!
Sponsored