Stolen 2021 JLURD

erika

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon Diesel 3.0
… nothing else to say… my jeep(2200 miles odometer) got stolen last night at 2:44 am ( Miami a downtown/ east little Havana area)from my building parking garage.

The MF entered in a gated parking garage and took their time ( almost 10 mins) to drive it like nothing was going on. Security didn’t even notice. was the maintenance personnel that called me at 8:30 am asking me if everything was ok with my rig because he found broken glasses I my parking spot.

B04FCDA7-170B-4A90-B071-235FB0EF4BBB.jpeg

80F944A3-30E1-4493-9D72-24D05ACE46C2.jpeg
Sponsored

Jesus_fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Clubs

… nothing else to say… my jeep(2200 miles odometer) got stolen last night at 2:44 am ( Miami a downtown/ east little Havana area)from my building parking garage.

The MF entered in a gated parking garage and took their time ( almost 10 mins) to drive it like nothing was going on. Security didn’t even notice. was the maintenance personnel that called me at 8:30 am asking me if everything was ok with my rig because he found broken glasses I my parking spot.

Jeep Wrangler JL Stolen 2021 JLURD 80F944A3-30E1-4493-9D72-24D05ACE46C2

Jeep Wrangler JL Stolen 2021 JLURD 80F944A3-30E1-4493-9D72-24D05ACE46C2
Oh no! That’s terrible!

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
That sucks. How did he steal a Jeep that is equipped with an immobilizer? Was there a key in the vehicle?

OP
OP
erika

erika

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That sucks. How did he steal a Jeep that is equipped with an immobilizer? Was there a key in the vehicle?
Have no idea, I still have the 2 keys in home )I live in a 8th floor apartment

Sponsored

YenBoon

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I've heard of people using signal repeaters and being able to replicate your keyfob when you use it out in public. Were you out, parked in a big parking lot earlier in the day? I am sorry for your loss and hope everything turns out okay.

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
Have no idea, I still have the 2 keys in home )I live in a 8th floor apartment
Interesting. There's ways to spoof the signal from key fobs, but (this might sound a bit creepy) this usually involves a person being able to get within a few feet of your key fob. This person uses a device to beam the prox signal over radio waves to their buddy who is at the jeep, unlocking and starting the car. The downside of this system is once the car is started it can only be driven a single trip, which is unfortunately usually enough to get the vehicle to the shop where they strip it. No one steals cars anymore for the vehicle itself - they just want the non identifiable parts.

morlan52

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Occupation
SCADA Engineer

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
They take a BCM and key from a totaled Jeep. Break in, unplug your BCM, plug theirs in then push the button and drive away. When they get back to the shop they will put a new piece of glass in. Then they will either drive it around with their plates or put it in a shipping container to another continent. They may even go so far as to swap the VIN tag and resell it. Easy to do since the windshield folds.

Hogzilla

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 turbo
The 2021 has the SiriusXM Guardian service free for the first year. You should be able to track your vehicle where it is at. Judging by your pics it looks like you have a loaded JLURD and you should have it.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
They may even go so far as to swap the VIN tag and resell it. Easy to do since the windshield folds.
My Jeep doesn't have a VIN tag in the windshield. I was a bit surprised, but I guess that is old school these days.

OP
OP
erika

erika

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So sorry this happened to you.

Do you have the UConnect app? Your Jeep has GPS tracking and could help the police locate it, as @jlang mentioned.
Yes I have the Uconnect app, I tried to track it but it failed. The y disconnected it for sure.

Mf were shopping because they entered to the property at midnight first time and then Came back for my jeep. There’s a lead because they entered with a residents keyfob. Police it’s investigating ( hope so)

Cherii

First Name
Cheryna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
The 2021 has the SiriusXM Guardian service free for the first year. You should be able to track your vehicle where it is at. Judging by your pics it looks like you have a loaded JLURD and you should have it.

Hope you can track it down and get back!
Sponsored