Steering locked up at 70mph.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
My vehicle is stock other than the teraflex steering stabilizer. This is not an isolated incident. Theres other people with the same issues and they have not changed the SS.
Sponsored

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It can totally be the steering stabilizer. If your stabilizer was stuck (not extending due to oil at low temp or whatever), meaning the stabilizer is essentially preventing your steering.
Sorry but you are completely wrong. If the stabilizer was stuck, it would happen at all speeds.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
is there only one tsb for this issue? If so does anyone have the tsb #

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
is there only one tsb for this issue? If so does anyone have the tsb #
There’s only one I’m aware of. Look through this thread. The TSB # is in here.

longhorns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Has there been any progress finding out what is wrong? I am having the same issue. The dealer can not reproduce it so they will not do anything about it. They applied the software update but that did not help.

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Has there been any progress finding out what is wrong? I am having the same issue. The dealer can not reproduce it so they will not do anything about it. They applied the software update but that did not help.
File a safety report with NHTSA.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

This is a very serious safety issue and FCA should not get a pass simply because the dealer can’t duplicate, especially with the many documented cases already known.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Well this morning on my way to work (NJ to NY) about a fifteen mile trip my jeeps steering was locking up the entire way. Very dangerous as it locks then loosens up then locks again. I had brought it in already for this issue and it still continues to do it. They better come up with a fix

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Same here. First fix was to change the steering pump, that helped to the point where it doesnt lock up as strong (i can muscle thru it now) but its still there. Bringing it in for round 2 this weekend.

koinneach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jluxr
any 19s have this issue? My WK2 did this and the power steering pump replacement fixed it

koinneach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jluxr

Sponsored

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU

algoo31

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
This just happened earlier today while on a road trip. I have a stock sport jlu.
-Temps where about 19 degrees outside
-I was going 80mph and had a few miles of crosswinds
-I had constant pressure on the wheel to stay straight..and the wheel kept going what felt like limp on me, causing the jeep to jerk.
-Then the wheel locked up and wouldnt allow me to pull off the road to see what was the issue.
-I have 15,000 miles on the jeep.

Any feedback in what I can tell the dealership next week??

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Mine has had the TSB applied and still does it as well. I've addressed it with the dealer but they have already applied the TSB and it doesn't help. Mine drives perfectly when the weather is warm. I figure if I get into any kind of accident it will be because of this and I'll sue the living shit out of Jeep.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Mine has had the TSB applied and still does it as well. I've addressed it with the dealer but they have already applied the TSB and it doesn't help. Mine drives perfectly when the weather is warm. I figure if I get into any kind of accident it will be because of this and I'll sue the living shit out of Jeep.

Same here, mine happens when its cold. I have my ram in for service and have a renegade as a loaner car and it drives flawlessly. I've been driving the renegade the entire week vs my wrangler as Im nervous about the steering stiffening up!!! The dealership applied the tsb but I still have the issue, crazy on a $40,000 + vehicle

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but mind did it this morning at 50 MPH in a curve. I had to come to a stop before it released, and then it locked up again about a 1/4 mile up the road. Scary stuff!!
Sponsored