Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I will ask about that tomorrow. Last thing they said was that Chrysler engineers had no fix at this time and just wait for a fix to come out.
Heres the new part number bottom of page
I guess not new part number, but my steering is 100% better. Minus the shotty draglink and untorqued tie rod ends/draglink ends, and finger tight ball joints.
06A007E8-95AF-4A42-A76C-76D4744713CD.jpeg
Sponsored

Cojeepers

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu sport s
I guess not new part number, but my steering is 100% better. Minus the shotty draglink and untorqued tie rod ends/draglink ends, and finger tight ball joints.

Man your dealership rocks. They actually took the time to see it through and not tell you to drive an unsafe vehicle until they think of a next move. I will discuss this tomorrow with service dept

Cojeepers

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu sport s

Its interesting that yours actually threw a DTC. Mine has always been clear of any codes

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Its interesting that yours actually threw a DTC. Mine has always been clear of any codes
Yeah i didnt know it did either, never showed anything

Cojeepers

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu sport s
So it went back in the shop yesterday. FCA had them check wiring for the power steering pump which was fine so that is getting replaced this week. I strongly believe it is the gear box and the dealership agrees, but since FCA is involved they have to work on what they think it is.

I was assigned an executive referral manager and I emailed her stating I have lost all confidence in the vehicle and am just over it all together, but I have not heard back.

Joaozao

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Was there ever a final solution. Just had it happen for the second time. I have a stock 2019 Sport S with 1100 miles.

Cojeepers

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu sport s
Was there ever a final solution. Just had it happen for the second time. I have a stock 2019 Sport S with 1100 miles.
Steering pump was bad causing it to loose pressure intermittently. Still pissed it took so long to get it fixed and all the hassle from wind noise issues and radio intermittently power cycling so I traded it off for a new Ram 1500.

Sponsored

Cliebo

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sahara Unlimited
Just bought a 2018 Sahara unlimited 3 weeks ago with 13000 miles and had this happen to me. At 70 mph today my steering wheel would not turn left, felt like someone fighting with me to turn. After 10 min it fixed itself but it caused the vehicle to jerk to the left and I almost hit another vehicle . Iā€™m bringing it in to the dealer on Friday. I have 3 kids and Iā€™m very concerned as this was very dangerous. Iā€™ve also noticed at higher speeds my steering feels loose at times when Iā€™m leaning into a curve. Not sure if that is related to the steering wheel locking issue. What is the recommendation for this fix? Iā€™m worried about the dealership not being able to recreate the problem and having them send me on my way.

@JeepCares

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Steering pump was bad causing it to loose pressure intermittently. Still pissed it took so long to get it fixed and all the hassle from wind noise issues and radio intermittently power cycling so I traded it off for a new Ram 1500.
Iā€™m confused - you have so many problems with your Jeep that you take a huge depreciation hit and trade it for another potentially crappy FCA product? Looks like FCA came out way ahead on that deal....

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just bought a 2018 Sahara unlimited 3 weeks ago with 13000 miles and had this happen to me. At 70 mph today my steering wheel would not turn left, felt like someone fighting with me to turn. After 10 min it fixed itself but it caused the vehicle to jerk to the left and I almost hit another vehicle . Iā€™m bringing it in to the dealer on Friday. I have 3 kids and Iā€™m very concerned as this was very dangerous. Iā€™ve also noticed at higher speeds my steering feels loose at times when Iā€™m leaning into a curve. Not sure if that is related to the steering wheel locking issue. What is the recommendation for this fix? Iā€™m worried about the dealership not being able to recreate the problem and having them send me on my way.

@JeepCares
Hi Cliebo,

We have responded to your private message regarding this concern requesting a few more details so that we can have a case escalated for you while in service on Friday.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Cliebo

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sahara Unlimited
Just bought a 2018 Sahara unlimited 3 weeks ago with 13000 miles and had this happen to me. At 70 mph today my steering wheel would not turn left, felt like someone fighting with me to turn. After 10 min it fixed itself but it caused the vehicle to jerk to the left and I almost hit another vehicle . Iā€™m bringing it in to the dealer on Friday. I have 3 kids and Iā€™m very concerned as this was very dangerous. Iā€™ve also noticed at higher speeds my steering feels loose at times when Iā€™m leaning into a curve. Not sure if that is related to the steering wheel locking issue. What is the recommendation for this fix? Iā€™m worried about the dealership not being able to recreate the problem and having them send me on my way
Brought my Jeep in and was told the reason for this issue is i need to replace my abs module replacement which they are doing tomorrow. Doesnt sound like this is related but I have no idea?

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Brought my Jeep in and was told the reason for this issue is i need to replace my abs module replacement which they are doing tomorrow. Doesnt sound like this is related but I have no idea?
I'm not an FCA tech or even close but I'm HIGHLY skeptical.
Sponsored