Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but mind did it this morning at 50 MPH in a curve. I had to come to a stop before it released, and then it locked up again about a 1/4 mile up the road. Scary stuff!!
Happened to me on monday too on a mountain road. Was not fun. Its currently sitting at the service department to see what thier fix is.
Sponsored

emperry21

First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU 2018
To everyone who did get the TSB code and took it in was it covered under warranty?

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
Any TSB or recall will be handled under warranty!

longhorns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I was finally able to get the dealers service tech behind the wheel of my Jeep while the steering was locking up. It took five trips to the dealer. He check out the steering box and said it was really hot to the touch. They had to get permission from a Chrysler engineer first but they are installing a new steering box today. If this doesn't fix the problem I am likely headed for a buyback.

Sponsored

Cojeepers

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu sport s
Hey all. I am having the same issue combined with loose steering and wandering all over. Had TSB applied today with no help. Dealer still had me driving it which is bs as it's really not safe. Started a Chrysler cares ticket and emailed the president. It had been in 3x for steering problems so hoping I can fall under the lemon law if their next "fix" doesn't work.

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
Hey all. I am having the same issue combined with loose steering and wandering all over. Had TSB applied today with no help. Dealer still had me driving it which is bs as it's really not safe. Started a Chrysler cares ticket and emailed the president. It had been in 3x for steering problems so hoping I can fall under the lemon law if their next "fix" doesn't work.
do you know what your build date is? how many miles on it? please keep us posted

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
They should replace your gearbox. They did mine. Tried tsb, didnt work, replaced gear box

Cojeepers

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu sport s
They should replace your gearbox. They did mine. Tried tsb, didnt work, replaced gear box
I will ask about that tomorrow. Last thing they said was that Chrysler engineers had no fix at this time and just wait for a fix to come out.
Sponsored