Sponsored

Steering locked up when going around a curve

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My 2019 JL Sport is having the cold steering sticking issue as well. It started last year and seems to have gotten worse this winter. My warranty expires in March so I'm getting it looked at. I'd like to ride with the technician but not sure if they will let me. Anyone ever tried that? I'll be leaving it overnight with them so they can drive it cold in the morning.
Hi, WizzBang. If you need support while at the dealer, send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
My 2019 JL Sport is having the cold steering sticking issue as well. It started last year and seems to have gotten worse this winter. My warranty expires in March so I'm getting it looked at. I'd like to ride with the technician but not sure if they will let me. Anyone ever tried that? I'll be leaving it overnight with them so they can drive it cold in the morning.
There is a recall that fixes this. I received the notification in the mail in late Dec 2021/early Jan 2022 (unfortunately I didn't save the form). I left my Jeep outside the night it was fixed in the 20 degree temperature overnight, took it for a ride first thing in the morning, and it was fixed! FYI, my warranty was expired so don't worry about that. Attached is what was stated on the service invoice. Hope this helps!

Sticky Steering Recall.JPG