First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Jl Sahara
Occupation
Forensic Engineer
Any chance you could get a picture of their fix? I'd like to see about how much epoxy they used and where exactly they applied it.
Yeah..... I don’t think I can help you out with that because epoxy is glue....And now the gateway module is glued together.
Sponsored

Gulfvet

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I listen primarily to Howard Stern and I have noticed the front left speaker vibrates to the point it almost sounds like it's blown but when I play music it's fine. I put all sound front left and was feeling around to see if I touched anything tht it would go away, but nothing. Anyone else. Put up some sport talk and see.
Same problem!
It appears you can only teach a robot so much.
I went to my dealer. They had to access the speaker (very tedious) and install rubber and soundproofing in the housing. Poor design? Bad robots? It took about 4 hours.

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Same problem!
It appears you can only teach a robot so much.
I went to my dealer. They had to access the speaker (very tedious) and install rubber and soundproofing in the housing. Poor design? Bad robots? It took about 4 hours.
But did it correct the issue?

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Thanks for the tip whats the SGW???
Secure Gateway Module.

It's been said before in this thread, but I'll mention it again for people who've not read the whole thing... a Tazer JL or Tazer JL Light will indirectly fix this issue since it requires you unplug the wires from the SGW and into the Tazer. So for a couple/few hundo you get rid of the annoying vibration and get a host of awesome programmable features. I have the full featured Tazer and use it to:

- Lower TPMS warning threshold
- Disable ESS
- Camera on with turn signal (when my doors are off)
- Disable weather alerts
- Halos only for DRL
- Other stuff I'm likely forgetting

For those with an automatic, it can disable AutoPark, too, I hear. Obviously it lets you calibrate the speedo for bigger tires, too - that's it primary selling point, I 'd say.

SaddleTramp

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Secure Gateway Module.

It's been said before in this thread, but I'll mention it again for people who've not read the whole thing... a Tazer JL or Tazer JL Light will indirectly fix this issue since it requires you unplug the wires from the SGW and into the Tazer. So for a couple/few hundo you get rid of the annoying vibration and get a host of awesome programmable features. I have the full featured Tazer and use it to:

- Lower TPMS warning threshold
- Disable ESS
- Camera on with turn signal (when my doors are off)
- Disable weather alerts
- Halos only for DRL
- Other stuff I'm likely forgetting

For those with an automatic, it can disable AutoPark, too, I hear. Obviously it lets you calibrate the speedo for bigger tires, too - that's it primary selling point, I 'd say.

My vibration actually got worse when I started using the Taser, likely since the two plugs that were removed from the SGW were giving it some stability when they were plugged in.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
My vibration actually got worse when I started using the Taser, likely since the two plugs that were removed from the SGW were giving it some stability when they were plugged in.
That’s interesting. So it sounds like the gateway module itself is vibrating and not the wire jacks. That sucker requires some advanced contortions to even see it, so figuring out how to make it not vibrate will be a feat.

SaddleTramp

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
That’s interesting. So it sounds like the gateway module itself is vibrating and not the wire jacks. That sucker requires some advanced contortions to even see it, so figuring out how to make it not vibrate will be a feat.

Lol, I hear ya. Pull that center trim piece under the steering wheel and its easier to see and get to but it’s a lay on your back, head against the brake pedal move.

tomahawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting Gray ordered 16 Aug delivered 11 Sep.,,2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7 Hemi, Traded 2017 JKU Big Bear, 2012 Ford Focus.
I fixed mine by wedging a folded business card into the SGW module between the female connector and housing... no more Charlie Brown.

0B20DD8F-2C30-4E0D-9A4E-1D6E401863C1.jpeg
Thanks, I tried exactly this and it worked for me!!!:like:

Sponsored

bwbama

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
@

@JeepCares @kcannon12 That is very disappointing to say the least and frustrating since this seems to be such a widespread issue in the new vehicle. I have an appointment next Tuesday at BenchMark Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Birmingham, AL - hopefully @JeepCares is escalating this issue.
How did Benchmark do on this? I am in Birmingham as well, but bought my JL in Mississippi and already aggravated with this same issue.

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
For anyone looking for the location of the Gateway module check out Eddie’s installation video for the Tazer JL. Starting at 1 minute in.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
@OldGuyNewJeep ... thank you for the advice... I ordered a Lite last week & it'll be a learning experience in itself. I'm far from a big guy and getting under there ain't easy. Only Cirque Du Soleil can pull that off effortlessly.

@SaddleTramp ... thank you as well for the alternative solution and the comic relief in the name. ;)

raskal406

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon JK
The vibration is the metal bracket where the module is bolted in. Take four rubber grommets where the bracket is bolted in, 10mm I believe, and put in between bolts and bracket. Takes care of it. It's worked on three JL's at my dealership sofar.
Sponsored