Sponsored

Support Needed. JLU Sport Base model Speaker issue.

Antonios

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU-S
Hi Guys,

I would really use some help here. been struggeling with my speakers for a while now. i have got a base model JLU with the 7inch uconnect system. Same as everyone else, i wanted a slightly more tune to my music, so i reaserched and everyone recommends either kicker or infinity refwrence speakers.

Based on my previous experience, i decided to proceed with infinity reference rather than kickers. I installed 2 pairs of 3.5inch 3032cfx 3ohm; 2 replaced the ones in the dash and 2 replaced the ones in the sound bar. I also replaced the 4inch speakers in the sound bar with the infinity reference 4032cfx 3ohm speakers.

The sound is much better and im happy with the overall performance, however; everytime i push my volume higher tha 30 one side of speakers disconnects completely and goes quite. If i switch the car off for few minutes, itll reboot the system and get it to work again till i increase my volume again.

Im honestly frustrated, dont know what to do and dont want to invest in an amp at this stage. Seen many vids online with the exact same installation with no issues.

Is it because the infinity reference are 3ohm? If i replace them with 4ohm kickers will that help? if anyone can assist me here, i would be grateful as this has been going on for almost a month and is driving me crazy.

I also tried removing all the sound bar and replacing them with the factory ones to see if the issue presists, and guess what yes it does, most probably because each of these channels are wired in parallel. When i replaced all the speakers back to facotry ones, works like a charm with no issues.

Appreciate your support.
Sponsored

jromanmd

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Sounds like they are drawing too much power. I would research a small amplifier. Does the 7" have one? I know the 8" Factory Alpine System includes one.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Hi Guys,

I would really use some help here. been struggeling with my speakers for a while now. i have got a base model JLU with the 7inch uconnect system. Same as everyone else, i wanted a slightly more tune to my music, so i reaserched and everyone recommends either kicker or infinity refwrence speakers.

Based on my previous experience, i decided to proceed with infinity reference rather than kickers. I installed 2 pairs of 3.5inch 3032cfx 3ohm; 2 replaced the ones in the dash and 2 replaced the ones in the sound bar. I also replaced the 4inch speakers in the sound bar with the infinity reference 4032cfx 3ohm speakers.

The sound is much better and im happy with the overall performance, however; everytime i push my volume higher tha 30 one side of speakers disconnects completely and goes quite. If i switch the car off for few minutes, itll reboot the system and get it to work again till i increase my volume again.

Im honestly frustrated, dont know what to do and dont want to invest in an amp at this stage. Seen many vids online with the exact same installation with no issues.

Is it because the infinity reference are 3ohm? If i replace them with 4ohm kickers will that help? if anyone can assist me here, i would be grateful as this has been going on for almost a month and is driving me crazy.

I also tried removing all the sound bar and replacing them with the factory ones to see if the issue presists, and guess what yes it does, most probably because each of these channels are wired in parallel. When i replaced all the speakers back to facotry ones, works like a charm with no issues.

Appreciate your support.
Try running with just the 4" in the sound bar, I don't think having both 3.5" and 4" will improve the sound and they put more load on the system.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
According to your handle, you have a Sahara. Does it have factory Alpine? If so you are not showing enough resistance to the amp. I installed a 6032 Alpine component in my sound bar and after a little time I realized that the soundbar was not working. Removed it an reinstalled the OEM speakers and all was well. IMO the Quart JC108 dash speakers were better than the 3032's and the C2-350x JL Audio speakers. Also make sure that your music source quality is maxed out as well.

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
It's definitely the amplifier. The speakers are trying to draw more power than the amp can provide, it overheats and goes into protection.

As much as you may not want to, it's time to purchase and install a new amp with sufficient power to drive your new speakers.

You did make a good choice with your speakers. I've used Infinity Reference speakers in two MOPAR vehicle audio upgrades and was impressed with the sound quality improvement.

If you have knee level speakers in your JL look into replacing them as well. Or, if possible, add some to that location for a better mid-bass performance.
Sponsored