Sponsored

Somebody Flipped longways over the edge, saved by a vertical catch by some trees

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I ran across this in the mountains… if that tree had not stopped him, there was a very long drop below him.

Jeep Wrangler JL Somebody Flipped longways over the edge, saved by a vertical catch by some trees 8319D4FB-3508-4460-8FA6-984EF273D079

Jeep Wrangler JL Somebody Flipped longways over the edge, saved by a vertical catch by some trees D519F1CD-9EF0-48BE-8477-0BB1B4BAA880
Sponsored

OP
OP
Low speed high drag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlr
I ran across this in the mountains… if that tree had not stopped him, there was a very long drop below him.

I had something like that happen once when I was a teen... first experience with real clay, lost all momentum, started sliding sideways. I panicked and was just sitting on the break as I slowly slid into some trees by a 6 food or so cliff off the left side of the trail. Luckily my trusty 88 pathfinder was barely scratched (couldn't tell, body already looked like aluminum foil)

less extreme cliff but it would have been bad no less! Also a big lesson for a young offroader.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
He must've stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Jeep Wrangler JL Somebody Flipped longways over the edge, saved by a vertical catch by some trees EasygoingExemplaryAmericanwarmblood-max-1mb

Bug Splats

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 JLUR XR, ‘17 4Runner
Saw this out on a ride this weekend. As usual pictures don't do justice to how steep this hill was, but I think you get the idea. (Had to set up a rappel lane to get safely down/back up)

We arrived shortly after this happened (looks like a day or two it's hard to tell for sure??) And it doesn't look like anybody was hurt thankfully... There was no blood and the cabin (really the whole vehicle) was in surprisingly good shape considering.

I believe the driver was paying more attention to the view (not included in my "beautiful" pictures) than the trail.

I suppose the lesson is:
Be safe, go slow, and learn from others!

Jeep Wrangler JL Somebody Flipped longways over the edge, saved by a vertical catch by some trees EasygoingExemplaryAmericanwarmblood-max-1mb

Now just how in the hell did someone manage to create this majestic work of art? That would make a very nice painting.

Sponsored

drichard989

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08KK, 21JLU
Occupation
Sales Engineer
It's amazing how well liberties last. We still have ours from 02, my son drives it now...
... if they get that back on all 4's it will probably be fine
The 3.7L and the 4 Speed proved to be well designed.

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
I'm impressed that the cats are still there. In my neighborhood, they'd have been cut off before the dust settled.
We had a tractor trailer go off the road and right into a small convenience store here, and before EMS even showed up people were inside looting lottery tickets, cigarettes and beer. A few locals that knew the store owner came out to help them make sure no one got inside. They even brought food for the fire department and the guys who were trying to get the structure secure until they could figure out a way to get the truck out of it.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
It's amazing how well liberties last. We still have ours from 02, my son drives it now...
... if they get that back on all 4's it will probably be fine
Same here! My wife bought an '03 Liberty Limited in September of '02 after we got married. In 2018 my wife got her JLU so we took the KJ off the road to do some much-needed maintenance and repairs. It became a cool father-son project, and we gave our son the KJ in 2020 after he got his license. Crazy to think that we brought him home from the hospital as a newborn in the backseat, and now he drives it daily to work.

Last edited:

Mine&Hers

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
See this all the time in my neck of the woods, local’s and some not think since I’m on a dirt road my ability to drive is not affected by my ability too drink.

Sponsored

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
What part of Georgia was this?

thance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Commander, 2002 Liberty, Looking for JLURD
Same here! My wife bought an '03 Liberty Limited in September of '02 after we got married. In 2018 my wife got her JLU so we took the KJ off the road to do some much-needed maintenance and repairs. It became a cool father-son project, and we gave our son the KJ in 2020 after he got his license. Crazy to think that we brought him home from the hospital as a newborn in the backseat, and now he drives it daily to work.
Very similar story... bought the 02 about 6 months before you as my wife's first new car. It was also a welcome addition as my son was 2 and our daily driver was my 96 Bronco - 2 doors with a 2yo was not optimal, though I loved that truck and kept it until it started to rust out. The Liberty on the other hand still isn't rusting. My father and I rebuilt the engine in 2017 with help from my son prior to handing it over to him for daily driving. It was the last project we did and meant a lot to me. My son will be driving it home for Thanksgiving in a few days.

OP
OP
Low speed high drag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlr
What part of Georgia was this?
Horseshoe ridge trail. Northern Georgia, at the edge of the chattahoochee national forest in vicinity of dahlonega. It's a fun trail if you are in the area, easy enough to bring your buddies in whatever 4x4 they have, but rutted enough to make fun lines if you want a little more of a challenge.

drichard989

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08KK, 21JLU
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Very similar story... bought the 02 about 6 months before you as my wife's first new car. It was also a welcome addition as my son was 2 and our daily driver was my 96 Bronco - 2 doors with a 2yo was not optimal, though I loved that truck and kept it until it started to rust out. The Liberty on the other hand still isn't rusting. My father and I rebuilt the engine in 2017 with help from my son prior to handing it over to him for daily driving. It was the last project we did and meant a lot to me. My son will be driving it home for Thanksgiving in a few days.

My KK mechanically is perfect at the moment, however the clearcoat on the roof and hood has started to delaminate. At this point i dont really care and will just keep it till it blows up

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Crazy to think that we brought him home from the hospital as a newborn in the backseat, and now he drives it daily to work.
We'd have been able to do the same with one of our vehicles, were it not for an intractable issue with the plastic radiators (plural). So we cut bait and moved on to something newer, which Offspring is driving as I type this post. :)
Sponsored