Beware the Little Trees!!!

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
This thread reminds me of the old days, when people put Armour-All on their dash, all the time, and the dashes would crack all to hell. Way back then, I was too strapped for money, to afford wiping everythind with that stuff, and would just use a damp cloth. But, I was smart enough to know what UV Rays can do to plastics. I always used a Windshield sunshade, and that kept things from cracking. I don't like adding chemicals inside the cab, if I don't have to.
Yeah that Armor All stuff would coat the windshield and windows (and everthing else I suppose) inside when it evaporated from the sun heat. You couldn't give that stuff to me.
Sponsored

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each dayā€“
Purple sage and/or juniper (ashe junpier is a good variety) are the best scents in a Wrangler: natural potpourri if you will. Go out, off road, and get you some. Spread liberally upon the rear floor and under the front seats. Change as often as possibleā€”

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Purple sage and/or juniper (ashe junpier is a good variety) are the best scents in a Wrangler: natural potpourri if you will. Go out, off road, and get you some. Spread liberally upon the rear floor and under the front seats. Change as often as possibleā€”
They both grow in abundance here. All I need to do is open the windows or remove the top!

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
This thread reminds me of the old days, when people put Armour-All on their dash, all the time, and the dashes would crack all to hell. Way back then, I was too strapped for money, to afford wiping everythind with that stuff, and would just use a damp cloth. But, I was smart enough to know what UV Rays can do to plastics. I always used a Windshield sunshade, and that kept things from cracking. I don't like adding chemicals inside the cab, if I don't have to.
I like to keep my rig clean (except during Canadian winters, cause that sucks for washing) as well. In saying that, I have never owned a vehicle more than 5 years. This current jeep will most likely be the first but it will still be under 10 years I suspect (based on retiring to Europe).
I will wipe down with anti UV a few times a year for sure though. I guess I like keeping it nice for the next owner. Lol. Seriously though, a well maintained vehicle will always sell for more. I keep all the boxes for high end electronics as well for resale.
I actually look forward to the detail that comes with spring. Usually means softtop is also going back on as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheBirdie72

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Yes, I was looking at some of those carbon fiber overlays online last night!!! They actually look pretty sharp. My only problem is that if I go that route, I wouldnā€™t want to just do one piece, but multiple pieces across the whole dash and center console! My wife was like ā€œoh no you donā€™t!ā€ šŸ˜†

OP
OP
TheBirdie72

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Update - So I decided to go the carbon fiber route and just ordered up ā€œa few nice trim piecesā€ for the interiorā€¦ wife not happy about it understandablyā€¦ But I have the best wife in the world, and I had to promise no more Jeep ā€œupgradesā€ going forward. Tough deal to make since itā€™s only Januaryā€¦ but really it is fair. I need to stop! šŸ˜†

And these upgrades are less cost in total than getting that one replacement piece from Mopar! The Jeep has gotten more than its share of love in the last couple months. Iā€™m done.

(Yeah yeah I knowā€¦ many have said that before and failed miserably, but for real.)

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Iā€™m partial to sage brush. Was lucky enough to have grown up with my Great Grandfather still around. He was a real actual Cowboy from 1920ā€™s Southern Utah. Went by the name of ā€œSagebrushā€ and even in his 90ā€™s always had a sprig in his shirt pocket. The smell brings back really great memories.

Last edited:

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several