Sponsored

Blinded by the Shifter

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Is this question real? Sounds Comical
Sponsored

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
My problem is the chrome ring around the steering column is reflected onto the windshield. Years ago there were articles about light dash material or metal, and the reflections it would cause in the glass and why certain materials are best, etc etc. So I am surprised by the chrome ring exists from FCA, and they didn't notice reflection/glare it casts on the windshield. Sure I could do something about it, but, as I mentioned before... Michigan... no sun... :) Oh, FCA is Michigan too, maybe that's why. :)
This is driving me crazy!!! I’ve only had my JL for 2 days and it shines directly into my line of site. Rain or shine sun in front or behind, it’s always there :(

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
I saw this thread a while back and somehow came across it again. I actually have the same problem, but only on my 10 min commute home from work in the late afternoon everyday. I just cover it up with my hand, but it catches me off guard and hits me juuuuust right at times. I’m sure I’ll get crap for it, too lol. Not going to buy a cover or anything, but OP wasn’t alone! (The Jeep logo on the shifter looks like it’s a cheap plastic or metal that’s super shiny)

F0B5BB41-5F15-45CC-8BC8-14E3450A92AC.jpeg
Photoshopped too

Sponsored

Sponsored

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
I've noticed it can be a bright but I have developed a tolerance since I live right across the river from the Sunsphere. At certain times of day it lights up the whole place. :CWL: And before anyone says "photoshopped", I promise you this picture is untouched.

IMG_0462 2.jpeg

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Did u by chance get the optional LED Neon package?