Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
I just want to protect the factory cloth seats.
PRP would be your best option although they are pricey. they fit like a glove over your cloth seats.

Sponsored

OP
OP

treillw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
PRP would be your best option although they are pricey. they fit like a glove over your cloth seats.

Do they ever go on sale/any methods to get a discount?

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
purchased the bartac and will never have a jeep without them again! love them!
I second this. Had them in my JKU for almost 6 years and they looked brand new when I took them off to sell the Jeep. The leather seats underneath looked brand new as well. I was able to sell the Bartact covers for about 2/3 what I paid for them, so not a bad return on investment. I'll be getting a set for my JLUSA when it comes in.

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
i had bartac delete the PALS webbing as i knew i wouldn’t use molle bags. was cheaper as well. just something to consider IF you prefer.

Sponsored

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Dakota T56, 2015 Hemi Ram

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
That's a great price. Any real world experience? They look to have perforations in them and might be cooler in the summer than neoprene but the holes may not penetrate all the way through which would not protect well anyway.
I actually am selling a set of Gray/Black for the front seats that I used in my 2018 JLUS, I upgraded to Leather in my 2019 JLUR. They worked great and I would definitely recommend them. The ones I have do not have the perforations.

SaltySoul

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
I went with the Diver Down neoprene seat covers for the summer and have been pleasantly surprised by how much I like them. Plan to only run them during the summer months (~May - Sept) to protect the leather from UV and wet kids.

You can see a full write-up in my build thread, with pics. Only complaint thus far is that they don't include a front console cover. I bought one on Amazon for $20 but it just seems lazy to not include with the otherwise comprehensive kit.

Others universally recommended Bartact, and I believe they're probably a good option, but 2x+ what I was looking to spend.
I purchased the Bartact for my last Jeep but ended up turning it in after only having them on for a year or so... still haven't sold after having them listed for 2 years :( So, I'm going with the Diver Down this time, seems I won't be disappointed!

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Dakota T56, 2015 Hemi Ram
I actually am selling a set of Gray/Black for the front seats that I used in my 2018 JLUS, I upgraded to Leather in my 2019 JLUR. They worked great and I would definitely recommend them. The ones I have do not have the perforations.
Thank you. Still trying to figure out seat config and what material to choose.

jlandry287

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel
I'll go ahead and bump this.

I'm getting a set in the near future, just undecided which brand.

I'm leaning toward Diver Down, simply for the price. Bataract seems nice, I just don't want to shell out $800.

I live in Louisiana so heat is a concern. Anybody have any reason I should skip the Divers?

Sponsored

OP
OP

treillw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I still have not made a decision. I'm between the Bartact or the PRP. I like the PRP more, but they cost more and also don't protect the molle webbing on the back of the Rubicon seat. I don't know if I should have it covered for kids kicking it with muddy shoes nonstop. I suppose the stock plastic and webbing will wipe off easy enough.

Any thoughts on cleaning the stock Rubicon front seat backs?

The stock seat backs are nice. It's a shame to cover them up.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Anyone have experience with Wet Okole seat covers? They have some nice patterned neoprene covers.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I went with Diver Down and have been really happy with them, especially for the price.

There are full pics/installation in my build thread.

They're not going to prevent sweat/swamp, but in the South in the summer, even cooled seats don't really prevent that - my wife's Lexus has cooled seats and I still get sweaty.

They ARE noticeably cooler than leather seats, more durable, and much easier to clean. I love them. Sure, I've read the threads about them fading, but for $200, I'm not super concerned. I also love that they're designed to allow the console in the back seat to remain functional - it pulls down and everything. My *only* complaint thus far is that they don't include a front console cover. I was able to pick one up for $20 on Amazon, but it seemed silly to not be included.

ColoradoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I love my Fia Leatherlites. I also really cringe at the idea of neoprene; smells and such. Have to take them out and wash them, or febreeze them, or something. I like leather or leather-like stuff because all you have to do is wipe it with an armorall wipe. Nothing soaks in, no smells. So my Fias are not leather, but they're not cloth-like. I think they look great and fit great. They don't look like seat covers.
Jeep Wrangler JL Seat Covers for JLURD SeatsFrontSeatsGood
Jeep Wrangler JL Seat Covers for JLURD SeatsFromAbove
Jeep Wrangler JL Seat Covers for JLURD SeatsBackSeatsFromBack
Jeep Wrangler JL Seat Covers for JLURD SeatsBackSeatFromFront
Jeep Wrangler JL Seat Covers for JLURD SeatsFrontSeatsFromPass

bipock

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
I went through this a few weeks ago, so I'll share some thoughts.

Neoprene is chepaer, but, in my experience, retains heat. That's why dive suits and hunting waders are made of it. Being that I live at the beach, that was a no-go for me. Had to be breathable.

Bestop makes some seat covers, but they were a little pricey for the lack of reviews or even recommendations they had. Basic colors, but since they make the soft tops, I assume the color would be a spot-on match for that tan top I have. Thought really hard about these, but ultimately, with no recommendations and few reviews, wasn't willing to shell out that money.

Looked at PRP, but didn't want vinyl. Couldn't get any response from emails about other fabrics, so moved on.

I ended up purchasing a set of used Bartacs off FB. Another Jeep owner had them but they didn't match the floor she had put in. Thus far, I've been pretty happy for the $200 I spent. Look good, provide 98% coverage, nice feel to them. Really like the zippered pocket on the front seats as that's my new spot for key and wallet. That said, they are hard as all get out to put on, which is understandable given they are custom fit, but it seems like all the seats could have been a little bigger (1/4 inch or so), making them still hug the curves, while being simpler to get on. Also, I found that the fit on the backseats isn't quite as good as the front in that the pieces don't quite velcro together - they get close, but not quite there. I guess Jeep could have made some slight changes in the seats year-to-year, but if not, I wouldn't say the back seats are custom because they don't wrap completely.
Sponsored