Sponsored

Seat Covers for JLURD

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
I went through this a few weeks ago, so I'll share some thoughts.

Neoprene is chepaer, but, in my experience, retains heat. That's why dive suits and hunting waders are made of it. Being that I live at the beach, that was a no-go for me. Had to be breathable

Bestop makes some seat covers, but they were a little pricey for the lack of reviews or even recommendations they had. Basic colors, but since they make the soft tops, I assume the color would be a spot-on match for that tan top I have. Thought really hard about these, but ultimately, with no recommendations and few reviews, wasn't willing to shell out that money.

Looked at PRP, but didn't want vinyl. Couldn't get any response from emails about other fabrics, so moved on.

I ended up purchasing a set of used Bartacs off FB. Another Jeep owner had them but they didn't match the floor she had put in. Thus far, I've been pretty happy for the $200 I spent. Look good, provide 98% coverage, nice feel to them. Really like the zippered pocket on the front seats as that's my new spot for key and wallet. That said, they are hard as all get out to put on, which is understandable given they are custom fit, but it seems like all the seats could have been a little bigger (1/4 inch or so), making them still hug the curves, while being simpler to get on. Also, I found that the fit on the backseats isn't quite as good as the front in that the pieces don't quite velcro together - they get close, but not quite there. I guess Jeep could have made some slight changes in the seats year-to-year, but if not, I wouldn't say the back seats are custom because they don't wrap completely.
glad you found something that’ll work for you.

i wanted leather as i love the durability and have that in my van as i can easily wipe up after kids but, for me, leather would have been too hot on the back of my thighs with the top down.
Sponsored

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport
Bartact all the way...
I would reconsider that opinion.

I recently tried ("tried", as in unsuccessfully) to install a set of Bartact's base-line "Performance" seat covers on my new 2022 Willys Sport, and they are, in a word, a disaster! Not only do they fit very poorly --- too tight in some dimensions, very loose and baggy in others --- but they cannot be secured well, or at all, to each other, making them essentially useless.

All you who are or have been extolling the virtues of Bartact seat covers must be referring to the premium "Tactical" versions, or else versions of their seat covers for previous models of Jeep Wranglers. Because the seat covers that I received were uninstallable and unusable.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

I recently tried ("tried", as in unsuccessfully) to install a set of Bartact's base-line "Performance" seat covers on my new 2022 Willys Sport, and they are, in a word, a disaster! Not only do they fit very poorly --- too tight in some dimensions, very loose and baggy in others --- but they cannot be secured well, or at all, to each other, making them essentially useless.

All you who are or have been extolling the virtues of Bartact seat covers must be referring to the premium "Tactical" versions, or else versions of their seat covers for previous models of Jeep Wranglers. Because the seat covers that I received were uninstallable and unusable.

I'll sell you a good set of Cover King seat covers. :) And far less than Bartact...
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...nt-seat-covers-100-shipped.85028/post-1775784

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport
I'll sell you a good set of Cover King seat covers. :) And far less than Bartact...
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...nt-seat-covers-100-shipped.85028/post-1775784
Hey JSFoster, I appreciate the offer! However, even though I am back to looking for a (functional) set of seat covers, I would much prefer to not go with either neoprene or vinyl.

On vinyl seats: having had them in all my family's cars back in the 1970s and early 1980s (and all of them black, no less), I am astonished that anyone would choose it willingly --- horribly hot and sticky in the summer, bone-chillingly cold in the winter. You could not PAY me enough to have vinyl seats! But to each their own.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey JSFoster, I appreciate the offer! However, even though I am back to looking for a (functional) set of seat covers, I would much prefer to not go with either neoprene or vinyl.

On vinyl seats: having had them in all my family's cars back in the 1970s and early 1980s (and all of them black, no less), I am astonished that anyone would choose it willingly --- horribly hot and sticky in the summer, bone-chillingly cold in the winter. You could not PAY me enough to have vinyl seats! But to each their own.
Hmmm, these are not sticky at all... The ones I have are quite comfortable and washable. No slick vinyl/leather finish to them at all.

Sponsored

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport
Hmmm, these are not sticky at all... The ones I have are quite comfortable and washable. No slick vinyl/leather finish to them at all.
Yes, JSFoster, I do realize that, and I'm sorry for confusing the matter and being ambiguous. I was bringing up two different things in my prior post, and didn't intend to infer or imply that your neoprene seat covers were vinyl.

captainstabbins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara

I did get the tactical seat covers. They lasted 10 years in my old jeep before I traded it in. Liked them so much I ordered them for my 18. Fit and finish are perfect. Best seat covers I ever used.

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport
I did get the tactical seat covers. They lasted 10 years in my old jeep before I traded it in. Liked them so much I ordered them for my 18. Fit and finish are perfect. Best seat covers I ever used.
I decided to go with Bartact's more base-line "Performance" seat covers, partly because I did not really think that I would use or need the molle system on their "Tactical" seat covers, and partly just due to cost (the Performance covers are less expensive). But apparently, that was a big mistake.

But after having gone around and around with Bartact in trying to obtain any kind of clear and useful instructions on how to install the Performance seat covers (the supplied instructions were vague, confusing and contradictory), and getting rapidly and increasingly frustrated in the process, not to mention finding the seat covers to be for all practical purposes uninstallable and unusable, I now feel so burned by the whole experience that I just want to put the name "Bartact" out of my mind for good.

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport
This might help you It helped some for me.
I appreciate the link, CaptainStabblins. However, I had already looked up, and watched, EVERY online video I could find regarding installing Bartact seat covers, but in every case they were unhelpful. Those videos either pertained to installing Bartact seat covers in a JK, or to installing the Tactical seat covers, or both. And I have neither.

More than that, though, I have come to the conclusion that there is something recently different or changed about Bartact's "Performance" seat covers, or about the seats in the JL Jeeps as well. Maybe both! Because what they, and those videos, were showing and describing just did not seem to match what I was seeing or dealing with in my own Jeep.

Could it possibly be that the seats are somehow subtly different between different JL trim levels? Maybe the seat covers are just implicitly made for Rubicons and Saharas, whereas I have a Willys Sport. We already know that there are many seemingly random and needless variations in components between the different JL trim levels, and it does make me wonder if the seats could be another such case.

Sponsored

EXPFDR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Billet Silver JLU
Occupation
Army Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I opted for the diver down neoprene seat covers. Though I should of went with PRP: so many design choices of colors/placement etc, but their price has skyrocketed. I do like my neoprene ones, only complaint is the bottom seat cover tends to slide and I have to readjust it every once in awhile. And as others commented on was no console cover included.
Good luck and whatever one you choose.

IMG_5212.jpeg

captainstabbins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I appreciate the link, CaptainStabblins. However, I had already looked up, and watched, EVERY online video I could find regarding installing Bartact seat covers, but in every case they were unhelpful. Those videos either pertained to installing Bartact seat covers in a JK, or to installing the Tactical seat covers, or both. And I have neither.

More than that, though, I have come to the conclusion that there is something recently different or changed about Bartact's "Performance" seat covers, or about the seats in the JL Jeeps as well. Maybe both! Because what they, and those videos, were showing and describing just did not seem to match what I was seeing or dealing with in my own Jeep.

Could it possibly be that the seats are somehow subtly different between different JL trim levels? Maybe the seat covers are just implicitly made for Rubicons and Saharas, whereas I have a Willys Sport. We already know that there are many seemingly random and needless variations in components between the different JL trim levels, and it does make me wonder if the seats could be another such case.
This is well above my pay grade. I hope it works out for you my friend. I know you contacted them. Did you ask them to send you a different set of seat covers to see if the first ones were bad??

OBD

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl Wrangler ,2016Soul,Dyna,Sportster,HD
I like my Tigertough brand.They are not fancy,but fit well and are durable as they cater to work trucks.

IMG_1180 (1).JPG

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport
This is well above my pay grade. I hope it works out for you my friend. I know you contacted them. Did you ask them to send you a different set of seat covers to see if the first ones were bad??
After a longish gap in communications with Bartact, during which I was getting no responses from them, I then sent them a rather scathing message relating my complete frustration and disgust with (unsuccessfully) trying to install their seat covers. They were subsequently VERY responsive, and agreed to take back the seat covers, even sending me a UPS return label for the box I will be sending the seat covers back in.

To be honest, I did not even consider asking them to send me another, or a different, set of seat covers, as I just want to be rid of them and to try a different brand.

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport
I like my Tigertough brand.They are not fancy,but fit well and are durable as they cater to work trucks.

Jeep Wrangler JL Seat Covers for JLURD IMG_1180 (1).JPG
OBD, can you tell me what kind of material those TigerTough seat covers are made from? I am fine with any heavier-duty woven material, but do want to stay away from neoprene or vinyl.
Sponsored