Sponsored

Rubicon 2 Door vs 4 Door

batman4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I always think that 2 door looks much better but minimal space in the back. Especially with topless and without the doors, the 2 door just looks original and handsome to me. What would you get if you are single live in traffic jam area?
Sponsored

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
I always think that 2 door looks much better but minimal space in the back. Especially with topless and without the doors, the 2 door just looks original and handsome to me. What would you get if you are single live in traffic jam area?
Single or married, no kids....2 door....but just be prepared, even for a single guy or a couple there is very little room..I always countered that by removing the back seat and I wast happy with that solution...with that said, I have a kid and 2 dogs now and we are always on the road so the JL will be my second unlimited, haven't had a 2 door since my 2007 JK, but I could see one in the future.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I think the best plan is one of each.

Dagny

First Name
Dagny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element & Bicycles
I live in Washington, D.C., am single, and if I get one it likely will be a 2-door -- primarily because it will be parked on the street and the shorter 2-door will make that easier. Also, I'll be keeping my Honda Element so will still have a roomy vehicle.

If I get the 2-door I plan on removing the backseat. Also may get a teardrop trailer for camping (I used to have one and they are will within the Wrangler's tow capacity (teardrops typically weigh 1000-1200 pounds).

Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I think the best plan is one of each.
That's what I keep thinking; plus my LJ for when I want 2 doors with more cargo room. And an M715 for hauling and parades. And a deuce for the sheer joy of daily driving something with the turning radius of a ferris wheel. And someday a Wagoneer, maybe to double as my hearse.

It's a disease.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I am trading my JKU for a JL. My kids are grown and have their own cars, very seldom do we all travel in my Jeep.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
2-door. You can always get a second, more practical vehicle down the line if your life changes. (I’m married with 3 kids and a big dog, and I still went with 2 door. We have a full size SUV for hauling people and stuff. The Jeep is for fun, and will be my DD.)

R&R

First Name
Flloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
P51D Yellow Submarine
Back in the '80s when I had my CJ 7 there was also the stretched version CJ 8 Scrambler. They were ugly everyone hated them including me. So today the two-door is still one of my favorite vehicles, the modern stretched version a.k.a. 'Unlimited' not so much.

Sponsored

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
Daughter is going to college in the fall, so we're getting a 2 door. Want to relive the good old days of the CJ-7 I had in the early 90s. Will probably leave the back seat out most of the time which will give the dog more room to roam around back there.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Back in the '80s when I had my CJ 7 there was also the stretched version CJ 8 Scrambler. They were ugly everyone hated them including me. So today the two-door is still one of my favorite vehicles, the modern stretched version a.k.a. 'Unlimited' not so much.
Hey, don’t paint all Unlimiteds with the same brush. Proud owner of a 2-door Unlimited!

R&R

First Name
Flloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
P51D Yellow Submarine
Hey, don’t paint all Unlimiteds with the same brush. Proud owner of a 2-door Unlimited!
You're right, a two door unlimited is closer to the original Scrambler. Maybe they're more popular today than they were. Who would've known Scramblers and pierced nose rings would've been in vogue one day.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Call me crazy but the 2-doors never look as clean as the 4-doors.

That plus the lack of storage space slanted me to the 4-door.