First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Fit
Occupation
Retired X 2 = 23 years USAF + 23 years IT
Call me crazy but the 2-doors never look as clean as the 4-doors....
That's because 2-doors can go where they'll get dirty without getting high centered. ;).

JL breakover 25.0º
Subaru Forester 21.0º
JLU breakover 20.3º
Sponsored

Gavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: Subaru Forester, Toyota Prado, soon JL Wrangler?
Laughing emoticons didn’t show.....

Reactions: Moe

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer
The two door is much more agile, turns around and handles tight mountain trails much better. The kids are all on their own, so it's just the two of us and the pup. No question, two door. The seat?.....will be completely wrapped and places high atop the back storage racking.

Sponsored

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
The 2 door can quickly whip through city traffic much better than the ark length 4 door.

Moe

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Fit
Occupation
Retired X 2 = 23 years USAF + 23 years IT
Open the Build Tool in two different tabs in your browser. In one, build a two-door. In the other, build an identical four-door. Then switch back and forth between tabs in the front and rear views. The four-door really looks like a stretch limo when you do that.

Those of us who can use a two-door should be grateful to those who can't (kids, grandkids, expeditionary use, etc). Without the four-door, the Wrangler, much less the entire Jeep brand, may not exist today.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
I always think that 2 door looks much better but minimal space in the back. Especially with topless and without the doors, the 2 door just looks original and handsome to me. What would you get if you are single live in traffic jam area?
Two door all the way for me!

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
The 2 door can quickly whip through city traffic much better than the ark length 4 door.
What ultimately steered me away from an unlimited back when I was shopping last time was that it was even longer than my FJ Cruiser is.

With the rear seat removed, the JL has about as much cargo space as my FJ does with the rear seats up; I would love more cargo space but every time I see a four door it just looks unwieldy to me.

Sponsored

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I really want a 2 door but I just can't justify it for the $3500 extra. I think it should cost significantly less than the 4 (less than the difference between an engine change, at least, maybe 5-7k less). The reason I'd spend the extra and go with the 4 is the trunk on the 2 is SO small compared to the 4. When I go camping I bring my dogs, so I'd like to keep back seats as an option and stow my gear in the trunk. Maybe I could find a way to do that and have my dogs in the trunk but the difference being only $3500 for extra doors and a massively larger trunk space just doesn't really make me consider it. If the 2door was 5-10" longer to allow for more rear storage I don't think I'd even question it. And if the 4 had the same size trunk as the 2 it might be a different story as well.

Right now I'm planning on a JLUR 4 with a Trektop. I think the 4s with Trektops look incredible.

Nowadays I feel like the 2 looks like something that would flip over if you went over a curb its wheelbase is so short and it's so tall.

edit: Guess I could've summed that up with "if the 2 had the 4's trunk space I'd get one"

Jethris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2106 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Funny, I am looking at a 4 door rubicon for the simple reason that i need to tow my pop-up camper. It's 2200 lbs dry, so I can easily get to 3000 lbs. I have a 2 door 2009 JK Sport, and am trying to decide to trade it or keep it. It only has 95K miles on it, and the only problem that i ever had was replacing the radiator.

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Getting the JLUS as the Mustang is not the most practical car with a 16 months old and another baby on the way, especially in Canada with harsh and long winters...
Might have considered a 2 if it had an actual trunk, but it’s just not practical enough (for my lifestyle of course)
And to me the 2 looks sometimes good, and sometimes like it’s too short, as if someone had cut it too short... i guess it’s an impression, like a matter of height/length ratio...
Anyways, pumped to get it ASAP :)

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
I feel the same way, only every time I see a 4 door Wrangler, like it’s trying to be something it’s not and boy does that look ackward with those extra doors, so long...just odd and disproportioned. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

On the contrary, the 2 door Wrangler seems like a true Wrangler for which it was intended...:jk:

And to me the 2 looks sometimes good, and sometimes like it’s too short, as if someone had cut it too short... i guess it’s an impression, like a matter of height/length ratio...
Anyways, pumped to get it ASAP :)