Roam sidestep Rust

Dzwart06

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Their stuff seems to be like soap sculptures, absolutely beautiful pieces of art, until they get wet.
Sponsored

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
After dealing with them and learning the only recourse was to spend another $500 to upgrade, I decided to scrap these. I don’t believe in throwing good money after bad, especially with a company that doesn’t seem to care about their customers when there’s obviously a problem with their product. This is what the underside and back look like after less than two years.

538B1E3E-CF20-44C0-B061-C8588E3BA5F1.jpeg
FAFE07DD-3087-4C53-A497-45878152D9AE.jpeg

Last edited:

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
After dealing with them and learning the only recourse was to spend another $500 to upgrade, I decided to scrap these. I don’t believe in throwing good money after bad, especially with a company that doesn’t seem to care about their customers when there’s obviously a problem with their product. This is what the underside and back look like after less than two years.

View attachment 310891
That's certainly not going to be good for their business, will it?

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
Almost bought these .. went another way based on this thread. Sorry you had these results.

Brian001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JL

Were these the ones without the new e-coating? I have the newer ones for over a year now and zero rust at all.

Sponsored

Dzwart06

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Were these the ones without the new e-coating? I have the newer ones for over a year now and zero rust at all.
I have the newer ones with the upgraded E coating. And I installed them in August, by October before the first bit of salt hit the roads they had rust beginning on the edges.

Brian001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JL
I have the newer ones with the upgraded E coating. And I installed them in August, by October before the first bit of salt hit the roads they had rust beginning on the edges.
wow, sorry to hear that. I'll keep my fingers crossed for mine

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Mine were the original coating. I understand they attempted to fix this problem by changing their coating procedure (although I’ve seen a few posts suggesting they failed), but their weak attempts to make it right and the poor customer service has turned me away from this company. I attempted to find a street address to make a BBB complaint, but have come up empty. If anybody can pass that along, it would be appreciated.

MDG

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Mine were the original coating. I understand they attempted to fix this problem by changing their coating procedure (although I’ve seen a few posts suggesting they failed), but their weak attempts to make it right and the poor customer service has turned me away from this company. I attempted to find a street address to make a BBB complaint, but have come up empty. If anybody can pass that along, it would be appreciated.
I had the same experience. After mine started to rust I reached out and never got a response then other to say that my 10th email was the first time they see my attempt to contact. After I replied again, the never replied back. I will never buy another product from this company and I will direct everyone I speak to about them to steer clear.

My experience: I spent $500 on scrap metal!

OP
OP

Mjfloyd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Spring, Texas is only address I can find. Can’t find street address

Sponsored

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Spring, Texas is only address I can find. Can’t find street address
I tried to find their address with the small business office in Tx, and can’t find it anywhere. Should be relatively easy to track down due to tax records and such. I’m starting to wonder if they are a registered business or not.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Mine are only a year old and rusting. Standard answer from Tony, paint myself cuz I let salt get in there. Say whut!!!!

I guess these are only made for the desert.

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Mine are only a year old and rusting. Standard answer from Tony, paint myself cuz I let salt get in there. Say whut!!!!

Yep. Real glad the powder coat and finish is rust “resistant”. Laughable.

Dzwart06

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Mine never made it to the winter salt, 2.5 months and they were rusting, salt didn’t speed it up, my friend that powder coats says partly a design flaw, sharp corners and untreated metal causes the powder coat to peal back on those edges and why the main skid that has smaller bends not right angles or edges lasts so much longer. He has powder coated my skids on my 20 year old vehicle and they still looked great when I sold it 7 years after he did them.
Sponsored