Anther Disappointing Bumper - Roam

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
I see you got the LOD Destroyer tire carrier. I have 40s and the DV8 tire carrier is struggling so I am shopping around. The Destroyer is on my short list. How sturdy is that Destroyer? No sagging of the spare?
I haven’t noticed any but I’m only running 37’s. I’ve only been rolling with it a couple of weeks too. That being said the bearings used are heavy duty and the spindle is solid. Also, when you open the carrier separately there is a catch that stops it from opening more than 90 degrees. This is to prevent it from swinging all the way open and damaging your Jeep. Basically it swings out as far as your tailgate would without the bumper.

The other thing I really like is there are three rubber stops to prevent squeaking. One of them allows a handle placed on the back side of the gate to fit snugly in. This helps when initially adjusting carrier.

The mechanism used to hold the carrier to the tailgate is solid. No worries about it ever popping open when driving.

Let me know if you want pictures of anything. I can’t get them until next week as I’m in Thailand for work this week.
Sponsored

Unix_Gawd

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL (Firecracker Red); 2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew 4x4; 1951 Ford F4 Deluxe Extra Cab;
I haven’t noticed any but I’m only running 37’s. I’ve only been rolling with it a couple of weeks too. That being said the bearings used are heavy duty and the spindle is solid. Also, when you open the carrier separately there is a catch that stops it from opening more than 90 degrees. This is to prevent it from swinging all the way open and damaging your Jeep. Basically it swings out as far as your tailgate would without the bumper.

The other thing I really like is there are three rubber stops to prevent squeaking. One of them allows a handle placed on the back side of the gate to fit snugly in. This helps when initially adjusting carrier.

The mechanism used to hold the carrier to the tailgate is solid. No worries about it ever popping open when driving.

Let me know if you want pictures of anything. I can’t get them until next week as I’m in Thailand for work this week.
When U get back please send a couple pics. I heard they were extremely sturdy. I think most folks shy away because of the price, but sounds like it's well worth it.

DrowningTurtle

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Army
@ROAM is by far the worst company I’ve dealt with. I’ve been trying to buy a rear bumper from them for over a year. Same story as everyone else “next month, next month, next month, after EJS, next month.” Etc. Customer service doesn’t exist with them. It took me almost a month just to hear back from them through an email. I Facebook messaged them, emailed them, and messaged them on Instagram. What kind of company doesn’t even want you calling them? After a year of trying to get there rear bumper I gave up. They have no problem reposting people’s photos almost every couple hours on Instagram though.

Kaliks&Bones

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting to hear the different experiences. I purchased the body mount steps and they shipped in 2 days, Anthony was super responsive when I had a question on the lights, and I've not seen a speck of rust after 5mos in Florida.

Sucks that people are having very different outcomes and differences. Consistency is key.
Sponsored