Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Roam must be someones side job. I have their front bumper and side rails. I like them alot. I would have bought their rear bumper also. I started trying to buy the rear bumper on July 18, 2018. Yes, over a year ago. Was told it would be ready in Sept, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, end of March, then I bought a different one. It looks like they make some cool stuff, you just can't buy any of it. It is a shame. Their business could have been awesome.
Sponsored

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL
I bought the side steps about 10 months ago and have for the most part been happy with them. I have also tried to buy a rear bumper for 10 months and finally gave up about a month ago. I emailed Anthony once a month for about 10 months. He replied the first few times with
"next month" but then just quit replying to the last 6 request. If you look at their website it is sorta funny. They have all sort of kool shit on there but nothing is available. I gave up on them and started spending my money with people that run a business like they mean it.

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
I was going to go ROAM as i like the look of their RR but after reading some threads here I went with LOD destroyers. Fantastic product. Got a question, call, they answer. I also got the destroyer tire carrier afterwords because of their service and quality. You do however PAY for this with their pricing but IMO their product and support is worth it.

OP
OP

DElsarelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4D JL
Well I got this resolved, sort of. After a dozen emails back and forth with "Anthony" he "met with his team" and is providing a partial refund so I can go get the bumper refinished. It won't cover the full cost for correct powdercoating but I'd done beating my head against the wall with this guy.

Unfortunately I'm still waiting for them to send the correct hardware to mount the passenger side of the rock rails I bought at the same time as the bumper. They keep sending the wrong brackets...

If you value your sanity or your time stay away from this company. Not worth it.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Brutal. I was pretty interested in this "mark II" rear bumper/tire carrier/inspector gadget accessory brainstorm of theirs.

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I was ready to order their sliders but after reading all the bad reviews I ended up purchasing the Metalcloak sliders. To bad, because I think their lack of customer service is killing the product as well as the quality.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
By no means standing up for Roam, but they need to either shit or get off the pot.

I run my own machine/fab shop and after all the expenses involved (IT/website, shipping/logistics, material cost, subs like powdercoat, payroll) the margins on all these products can't be huge. I can also see the appeal of outsourcing to China for these very reasons - NOT saying Roam does or does not do this, I have NO idea.

I come from the fullsize world and the Jeep aftermarket still amazes me, practically each day I hear of a new vendor and they're all selling very, very similar products.

The market is saturated IMO, and it's inevitable that places like Roam who half-ass it will wither and die - that's just capitalism and that's ok (or at least how it works, good, bad or indifferent)

LanceM

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigredpawdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 2d
Occupation
System Admin
Vaporware... 2/3s of the products they sell, have never been in stock for MONTHS! But boy do they advertise the crap out of those sidesteps...

How about spending more time making bumpers that sidesteps (that rust)...?

LanceM

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
Was going to buy the Roam side steps for my new JLUR. Reached out to Roam to ask a couple of really easy questions before purchasing. Got ZERO response after about two weeks. Talked to LOD the day I reached out to them. Ordered the LOD Destroyer steps and have zero regrets. I don't have any of Roam's products, so cannot speak to quality of craftsmanship, but their pre-sale service is non-existent. Oh well...
Dont they are garbage. Rust within a month or so....local mod shop put them on all their jeeps and the bumpers to. Junk. And alot of unhappy people buying 60k plus jeeps

MDG

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Rock Rails
"Rust-resistant E-Coat Finish: E-Coated for rust resistance and then powdercoated with a 2 stage textured poly powdercoat for durability."

So you're correct that the e-coating is specific to the rock rails but they state that the surface finish is the powdercoat. That doesn't explain why the products I received feature two completely different finishes. Again I love the finish on the rock rails, if they'll willing to replace the current bumper with the same bumper in a finish that matches the rock rails I'll be happy.
This is a joke. I bought their Slider Steps and they started rusting within 8 months. I can't get anybody to even respond to my inquiries about the issue. I may resort to filing with BBB.

@ROAM I expect if you keep going this way you will be out of business soon. I know there are people on this board that talk to the owner since they are local, may want to give him a heads up that he's heading in the wrong direction.

Sponsored

Unix_Gawd

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL (Firecracker Red); 2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew 4x4; 1951 Ford F4 Deluxe Extra Cab;
I was going to go ROAM as i like the look of their RR but after reading some threads here I went with LOD destroyers. Fantastic product. Got a question, call, they answer. I also got the destroyer tire carrier afterwords because of their service and quality. You do however PAY for this with their pricing but IMO their product and support is worth it.
I see you got the LOD Destroyer tire carrier. I have 40s and the DV8 tire carrier is struggling so I am shopping around. The Destroyer is on my short list. How sturdy is that Destroyer? No sagging of the spare?

Unix_Gawd

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL (Firecracker Red); 2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew 4x4; 1951 Ford F4 Deluxe Extra Cab;
I see you got the LOD Destroyer tire carrier. I have 40s and the DV8 tire carrier is struggling so I am shopping around. The Destroyer is on my short list. How sturdy is that Destroyer? No sagging of the spare?
Forgot to add the pic.

20190421_154026.jpg

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Forgot to add the pic.

20190421_154026.jpg
what part of houston are you in? Were having a JL get together at our place this sat aug 3rd and would love for you to join

brett

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
In the second picture, it looks like there is a gap in the weld above the shackle mount, looks horrible. Like whoever did that, doesn’t know how to weld. And then decided to just leave the gap. Sorry man, that is one of the worst I have seen.

Unix_Gawd

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what part of houston are you in? Were having a JL get together at our place this sat aug 3rd and would love for you to join

brett
I'm in Friendswood.
Sponsored