Sponsored

Roam sidestep Rust

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Any new problems with Roam side steps from folks that have purchased them recently. I've been peppering them with questions and thinking about getting the body mount version for a 2 door JL. Here's what I was just told re: rust issues.

"After complaints of people buying the bare metal, and leaving it to rust, we have decided not to do bare metal on most of our items. We can still bed line just about anything. It will be $100 extra on the 2 door. The e-coat is on all products except for the body mounted 4 door steps."
I am trying to understand how anything in that quote from ROAM demonstrates anything has changed from a rusting issue standpoint. It seems everyone here complaining of rust issues have bought finished steps, not bare metal. Some even have the e-coated version and still have rusting issues.
Sponsored

JLNOLA

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S MT
You may want to start a new thread with this question. Most people that “subscribe” to this one are unlikely to give Roam another penny. As I’ve said before, if you decide to purchase, do not expect good customer service or acceptable options to make things right if there is a problem.
I'm sure you're correct about past customers with problems. Was trying to discover if there were any new buyers that read through this thread and purchased regardless. With a few exceptions, most of the issues seem to be with earlier versions and I'm hopeful the problems have been corrected. Or I'm trying to talk myself into that since the Roam check a lot of boxes for me. Definitely don't want to make a $500 mistake though.

I am trying to understand how anything in that quote from ROAM demonstrates anything has changed from a rusting issue standpoint. It seems everyone here complaining of rust issues have bought finished steps, not bare metal. Some even have the e-coated version and still have rusting issues.
Agreed. I have yet to read a complaint from someone that purchased the bare metal version so Roam's comment doesn't really align with people's experiences/issues. Again, just hoping there might be some new feedback since the majority of this thread is older. Maybe a new thread is in order...

greenerobnmu

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm sure you're correct about past customers with problems. Was trying to discover if there were any new buyers that read through this thread and purchased regardless. With a few exceptions, most of the issues seem to be with earlier versions and I'm hopeful the problems have been corrected. Or I'm trying to talk myself into that since the Roam check a lot of boxes for me. Definitely don't want to make a $500 mistake though.

Agreed. I have yet to read a complaint from someone that purchased the bare metal version so Roam's comment doesn't really align with people's experiences/issues. Again, just hoping there might be some new feedback since the majority of this thread is older. Maybe a new thread is in order...
Mine are less than a year old and full of rust. I was told they had a new bed liner guy. They started rusting in 3 weeks. For me, they were perfect. Great looking and functional. Too bad they are pure trash and a total waste of money. I truly feel sad for anyone they purchased anything from them.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Go Rhino has a 5 year finish warranty check out their steps they have similar styles. mine are 2 year old and still look like new. These are the Dominator D6 Sliders with removable Drop steps.
Jeep Wrangler JL Roam sidestep Rust Alta 1

Jeep Wrangler JL Roam sidestep Rust Jeep doors 1

Lucky #7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6-spd Manual
Go Rhino has a 5 year finish warranty check out their steps they have similar styles. mine are 2 year old and still look like new. These are the Dominator D6 Sliders with removable Drop steps.

I like those steps. Problem is the pinch weld is exposed and my Jeep is firecracker red. Can I leave the Rubicon Rails on or must I remove them?
Sponsored