Sponsored

Roam sidestep Rust

Mjfloyd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Anyone else with the Roam sidesteps having rust issues? Mine have been on for 2 months and there is rust at every seam. There is rust in the area below the area that you step on as well.
Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Yes, pics of the rust would be good. I am expecting the frame mounted set-up.

JLJeepGuy513

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 2016 Pathfinder
Occupation
Civil Engineering Designer
Yes i also had the same issue! They told me to paint it with rustoleum! ugh. Not the response i was expecting after paying so much for these.

Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Yes i also had the same issue! They told me to paint it with rustoleum! ugh. Not the response i was expecting after paying so much for these.
Well then, I'd better have a rattle can ready for touch ups handy.

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL
I have lots of rust on mine. Too the point where i will take them off over the winter and repaint.

OP
OP

Mjfloyd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
How can I get the rust off that’s in the area below the top step before repainting?

Sponsored

Torque77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
This is why I went with go rhinos dominator6 steps as they have a 5 year warranty on the finish. Sorry to see this guys....

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Yeah, the pics don't look good. Have no clue how you would clear the rust from the inside prior to painting.

Prior to installing mine, I will have to take a closer look at everything.

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have yet to see a company who's parts didn't rust. It has nothing to do with the parts, it has everything to do with the powdercoating/powdercoater. Even the OEM bumper will rust in spots. If you don't like rust, have your parts line-xed as soon as you get them. parts that get beat all the time, like sliders, get used to rattlecanning them for touch ups...if you're a driveway queen, then just bedline them professionally and it won't be an issue. No powedercoat will withstand rust on steel, just isn't going to happen, which is why I would love to have manufacturers offer a real linex option instead of powerdercoating that I know will fail, and I've had it fail on ALL major brand parts.

JLJeepGuy513

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 2016 Pathfinder
Occupation
Civil Engineering Designer
I have yet to see a company who's parts didn't rust. It has nothing to do with the parts, it has everything to do with the powdercoating/powdercoater. Even the OEM bumper will rust in spots. If you don't like rust, have your parts line-xed as soon as you get them. parts that get beat all the time, like sliders, get used to rattlecanning them for touch ups...if you're a driveway queen, then just bedline them professionally and it won't be an issue. No powedercoat will withstand rust on steel, just isn't going to happen, which is why I would love to have manufacturers offer a real linex option instead of powerdercoating that I know will fail, and I've had it fail on ALL major brand parts.
Yeah i figured it was probably common which is why i didn't say anything to them after their response to spray can it. it was just disappointing to see rust after 3 weeks of installing.
Is the line-x something that can be done at home or only professionally done? I would like to keep the look of the powdercoat. Is Line-X textured?
Sponsored