Bolt surface rust

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
One of the bolts I used on my winch install is showing some slight signs of surface rust, and a bolt on the skid plate as well. I was thinking about hitting these with some sort of rust inhibitor but I’m unfamiliar in this area, I’ve seen some car forums suggest Hitting it with some fluid film AS11.

Of course I could replace the bolts (anyone know the part # for the stock steel skid bolts??) but it’s so slight I figured I’d hit it with a wire brush then spray it with something.

Anyone have any recommendations. Or experience with this?
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
One of the bolts I used on my winch install is showing some slight signs of surface rust, and a bolt on the skid plate as well. I was thinking about hitting these with some sort of rust inhibitor but I’m unfamiliar in this area, I’ve seen some car forums suggest Hitting it with some fluid film AS11.

Of course I could replace the bolts (anyone know the part # for the stock steel skid bolts??) but it’s so slight I figured I’d hit it with a wire brush then spray it with something.

Anyone have any recommendations. Or experience with this?
I've had small surface rust spots on my bumper bolts & I typically treat them with Barricade (I don't know if you're a gun guy). It may not be as effective as Fluid Film, but it's been working for me.

Maybe this can point you towards the bolts.

https://parts.moparonlineparts.com/...-components-front-scat/?part_number=6509215aa

OP
OP
JeepTime

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon