Sponsored

Rattling upon acceleration

zimcra64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Had mine at the dealership last week. They said there is nothing to be concerned about. There was no mention of a TSB. They ran it in the exact conditions I explained and said here was slight valve noise that is normal.
Sponsored

Blue_on_Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
This problem isn't relegated just to Wranglers. My 2020 JT sounds like this, tooā€”but this is a far more complete record of discussion than anything we have over at jeepgladiatorforum.com.

Glad to have found this thread (and A/V recordings). Frustrated that FCA hasn't acknowledged this issue and TSB'd it, yet.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
This problem isn't relegated just to Wranglers. My 2020 JT sounds like this, tooā€”but this is a far more complete record of discussion than anything we have over at jeepgladiatorforum.com.

Glad to have found this thread (and A/V recordings). Frustrated that FCA hasn't acknowledged this issue and TSB'd it, yet.
Yeah if you google dodge "death flash", you'll see what they did in terms of spark pinging/ knock. Although I think those trucks had another issue adding to the pinging as well. 91 octane has helped mine out but not a complete fix. It is always worse over summer.

DougJaneway

First Name
37NDJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Local Government Official
Interestingly enough, I run 91 octane exclusively. Since the addition of e-load tires, the weight keeps me out of low RPMs for the most part and I rarely hear mine do it anymore.

Kojava

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Anyone who has been battling this have any updates?
My '19 has exactly the same issues. I'm in Arizona, it's starting to heat up, and I'm hearing the rattle more and more under the same throttle, gear, and RPM conditions.
Thanks!

Sponsored

AHMED96

First Name
Ahmed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon (JL) 2020
My ā€˜20 has the same issue. Anyone has solved it ?

AU_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
The only people I know that have resolved it is with the Livernoise tune or some dyno time with HP tuners. As a band aid in hot weather I found using the highest octane pump fuel plus about 15litres of e85 in the tank is enough to almost eliminate the rattle completely. Many are going scoff at the thought of any ethanol but that mix seems to work for the poor factory tune.

Jwisdom

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Solar consultant
Still an issue. like others said using the highest octane available is the best fix without the tune..the fact that Jeep is pretty much ignoring this as issue at this point is dumb. whats the long term effect on this down the road, gunna screw us out of warranty is what it is.

AU_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Still an issue. like others said using the highest octane available is the best fix without the tune..the fact that Jeep is pretty much ignoring this as issue at this point is dumb. whats the long term effect on this down the road, gunna screw us out of warranty is what it is.
Exactly my worry too! Mostly likely result in a premature engine rebuild some time after warranty ends.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Shell 91 octane solves it lol

Sponsored

DougJaneway

First Name
37NDJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Local Government Official
BP and Shell 91 octane are the cheapest quick fixes. Seems to work well for me.

AU_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
BP and Shell 91 octane are the cheapest quick fixes. Seems to work well for me.
I wish that solved mine. Highest octane makes it less in mine but still will do it constantly. Iā€™m still yet to hear of engine one having premature engine failure linked to these symptoms?

SuperNerdEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I feel like this issue deserves way more attention. Anyone know how to start a class action lawsuit? Or do we have to wait until engines start failing first? Seems to me like the manual flat out admitting the engine is tuned to knock is evidence that they done effed up.

Samwr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Iā€™m in the middle east and my fuel octane is 95 and even 98 if you want the super high octane.
Neither seems to solve the issue.
Iā€™ve been to Jeep multiple times and they canā€™t seem to locate the issue. They straight out say they canā€™t even hear anything out of the ordinary

Vanillacon

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Oddly, mine hasn't been doing it as much recently. I'm at 22k miles on my June 2018 JLUR. I hear it faintly under certain low speed conditions. Seems like they are advancing the timing to the edge of (perhaps over) to attain maximum efficiency.
Sponsored