First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlr-2015 jette tdi-2013 mb
Occupation
retired
This will continue until someone purchases jeep, that cares. It's plain and simple wrong prep, wrong wrong metals. As long as they can sell their problem to the public they will. It's not just the paint it's the whole damn vehicle construction from axles to electrical. Anyone else got a better idea. I would like to hear it. This has been nothing but a bunch of crap from the beginning in 2018 and maybe even earlier. This was not the way it was before.
Sponsored

belangeroad

First Name
tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2016
I can buy a jeep for riding on a beach if i chose to do so or ride with the top off. So I don't off road big deal! I like a what i like big guy!
If you bought a Wrangler to keep it pristine, you bought it for the wrong reasons.
Nothing worse than a clean Wrangler.

If you hit the trails, you're going to get trail damage, dents, dings, scratches. Paint bubbles should be the least of your worries.
Nothing worse than a

belangeroad

First Name
tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This will continue until someone purchases jeep, that cares. It's plain and simple wrong prep, wrong wrong metals. As long as they can sell their problem to the public they will. It's not just the paint it's the whole damn vehicle construction from axles to electrical. Anyone else got a better idea. I would like to hear it. This has been nothing but a bunch of crap from the beginning in 2018 and maybe even earlier. This was not the way it was before.
Exactly... and I wonder why my Italian husband tells me American vehicles are junk... its whst they make a we buy them anywsys... live and learn

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
I can buy a jeep for riding on a beach if i chose to do so or ride with the top off. So I don't off road big deal! I like a what i like big guy!
If you bought a Wrangler to keep it pristine, you bought it for the wrong reasons.
Nothing worse than a clean Wrangler.

If you hit the trails, you're going to get trail damage, dents, dings, scratches. Paint bubbles should be the least of your worries.
Nothing worse than a
This is nonsense. What’s wrong with a clean wrangler? Not everyone off roads. Not everyone likes a dirt vehicle. People have different reasons for having a jeep.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
This is nonsense. What’s wrong with a clean wrangler? Not everyone off roads. Not everyone likes a dirt vehicle. People have different reasons for having a jeep.
To be fair, this poster was quoting Tredsdert.
No matter the OP, it's still nonsense. Not everyone who buys a Jeep wants to be making years of payments on an auction vehicle.

Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
To be fair, this poster was quoting Tredsdert.
No matter the OP, it's still nonsense. Not everyone who buys a Jeep wants to be making years of payments on an auction vehicle.
Oh ha ha

the whole corrosion situation is sad. I wish an American company would buy Jeep back and bring it back to what it was.I have a friend who has had his keep for 16years and it’s still going. And not one paint blister.

belangeroad

First Name
tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly..... I wanted a vehicle for open top, roughness and looks ..... Also 4x4 for beach driving. I'm not an off roader nor do I have to be one to own a jeep. Geeish.... I just wanted my 50K vehicle to last without bubbled paint and rust after a couple years.

Valpo Jeep

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mas Ghibli, 18 JLU, 05 Gulfstream RV
Hood and doors, maybe more, can’t remember. We bought used so who knows how long it’s been that way.

Firecracker Red

DKAwildcat

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara, 2008 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster, & 2015 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
I dropped my Wrangler off at the body shop this morning to have the corrosion repaired on all four doors, the hood, and the tail gate. I’m suppose to get it back in 7-10 days. My fingers are crossed that the paint matches and the current method of repair actually works.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
I dropped my Wrangler off at the body shop this morning to have the corrosion repaired on all four doors, the hood, and the tail gate. I’m suppose to get it back in 7-10 days. My fingers are crossed that the paint matches and the current method of repair actually works.
Are they replacing the doors? I heard there was a new TSB that says they need to replace them now. I've had mine repainted twice already in 5 years...both times it was really bad on all doors and hinges.

Sponsored

DKAwildcat

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara, 2008 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster, & 2015 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
Are they replacing the doors? I heard there was a new TSB that says they need to replace them now. I've had mine repainted twice already in 5 years...both times it was really bad on all doors and hinges.
My understanding from the representative at the body shop was that they were going to repair the existing doors, not replace them. The current TSB (23-020-23 REV. A) lists that the only parts to be replaced are the hinges.

Danny2203

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Just noticed this on my 2020 about a month ago. Still under 36k, but at about 3 years and 3 months. So we'll see what warranty will do. I got max care so not sure.

Jeep Wrangler JL Poll: Bubbles in Paint?? rust

belangeroad

First Name
tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OH yes earlier. I have a 2016...... 50K bubbled paint now rusted areas...... rust started 1 year after I got the vehicle on the underside. American car what did I expect. My Toyota 4 runner after 12 years had less rust.

belangeroad

First Name
tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just noticed this on my 2020 about a month ago. Still under 36k, but at about 3 years and 3 months. So we'll see what warranty will do. I got max care so not sure.

Jeep Wrangler JL Poll: Bubbles in Paint?? rust
yup thats what I have except on the hinges. I wish I realized the corrosion policy. I took my dealships word for it that it wasn't covered the 3-4th year when I complained ... mine is a 2016 JKU

hinge3.jpeg
Sponsored