First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Bulletpoint as well here with the magnetic option. Just make sure you put the magnet on the outside of your phone case and it isn't going anywhere. Not sure why people are still using clip phone mounts when the magnetic mounts work great and are so much sturdier.
Sponsored

Bren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon 4XE
Hello all:

So far the only thing that has disappointed me about my Jeep is the lack of a valid place to keep my phone. I have been using the little cubby hole below the media ports but it is a pain in the ass to get the phone out of some times and with it out of sight I end up forgetting it and having to go back and retrieve my phone once I realize it. I have decided that I need some auxiliary switches so that storage option should be going away soon.

I have spent a few days reading reviews and posts on phone holders and I am still not sure what I need. I was sold on the Bulletpoint ones until I saw a few videos with people complaining about the clamps not staying tight and the rods moving and also that there were some quality control issues with the mounting plates that would make them not fit correctly.

I will never do any rock crawling or crazy speed washboard roads so I don't need an extreme model. I am looking for something affordable that will mount easily (I love how the Bulletpoint one mounts) and will securely hold my phone where I can easily access it if needed.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve ordered a RAM Mount system designed for bike handlebars, and intend to attach it to the e-brake handle allowing the phone to float above it next to the cup holders.

Edit: CMM has a nice solution with RAM mounting point. The RAM stuff is super high quality.

https://cmmoffroad.com/collections/jeep-jl-parts

https://www.rammount.com/

Last edited:

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I use the 67 design one, just the driver side mount I don't need that full rail thing some people have. It's solid and does a good job, although it is a bit in my face for my preference. Why I truly have it is I use it to hold the mic for my GMRS, and it works well for that, but when not using the radio I often swap back to the phone holder just so there's a firm place to keep it.

If that is overkill for you one thought I had was that it doesn't seem like it'd take much to sew in a pocket on a sunshade, maybe up by the sun visor. My first thought is something that holds closed with magnets on one side so you can easily slip a phone in and out. It'd be out of the way, out of sight, but no easy way to charge it or connect it for carplay. Might be someone on the market already making a sunshade with pockets sewn in.

Second thought is I have seen wireless charging pads for the center armrest. Not going to work for me so I spent no time looking at them but seemed to replace the entire pad with one that has a cut out for the phone to rest in. Again, no good way for wired carplay and I do wonder if the phone would move so much it wouldn't stay in place while driving, but I suppose with a few strategically placed magnets you could set it up to be magsafe compatible if you have a compliant iphone. Add in a wireless carplay adapter and it may not be a terrible idea.

Final thought would be a seat cover. Surely someone makes a seat cover with a cell phone pocket sewn into the side that would work.

Sponsored

WhtRubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 3.0 Turbo Diesel
Hmmm, guess I'm low tech. I just flip mine upside down next to the parking brake. I have a cord neatly wrapped around the gear shifter with just enough slack to plug in the bottom for Apple Play.
I guess I am low tech as well. I just leave my flip phone in my pocket.

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
WeatherTech Cup Phone Holder is awesome if line of sight isn't needed while driving. Love mine!!!
That is what I use as well. I went for it (at least pre-covid) to use in my vehicle, my wife’s and rental cars. It holds up well over bumps, as the phone stays put.

Sponsored

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Bulletpoint Rubi Grid is what I use. Works great and the phone doesn’t budge at all. Very high quality and worth the price.
Jeep Wrangler JL Phone Holder Alternatives? 8ABE050B-2005-44BD-82DC-AD5CF7AD6BB3

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Bulletpoint as well here with the magnetic option. Just make sure you put the magnet on the outside of your phone case and it isn't going anywhere. Not sure why people are still using clip phone mounts when the magnetic mounts work great and are so much sturdier.

Because with the magnet on the case\phone you can not charge it in other vehicles that have charging "stations". Or that is why I don't use them anyway. Multiple other vehicles and I don't want to have to take case+magnet off.

Sam

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
Hello all:

So far the only thing that has disappointed me about my Jeep is the lack of a valid place to keep my phone. I have been using the little cubby hole below the media ports but it is a pain in the ass to get the phone out of some times and with it out of sight I end up forgetting it and having to go back and retrieve my phone once I realize it. I have decided that I need some auxiliary switches so that storage option should be going away soon.

I have spent a few days reading reviews and posts on phone holders and I am still not sure what I need. I was sold on the Bulletpoint ones until I saw a few videos with people complaining about the clamps not staying tight and the rods moving and also that there were some quality control issues with the mounting plates that would make them not fit correctly.

I will never do any rock crawling or crazy speed washboard roads so I don't need an extreme model. I am looking for something affordable that will mount easily (I love how the Bulletpoint one mounts) and will securely hold my phone where I can easily access it if needed.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
How about something simple. Out of the way and neat. Gibson leather works. Great quality.

550FF0F6-6043-482C-8CDF-503CF40CC539.jpeg

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I put mine in the slot where the key fob goes, and use the usb port in the center console... I have the 67 Designs for my wifes phone on the passenger side A-pillar
Sponsored