Ghost7th

Ghost7th

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Thank you all for the responses! I'll try to answer in order.

1. I had watched that video and still wasn't able to make up my mind.

a. Proclip looks great but I do not want to tape it to my dash. Griffinm brings up a good point about not needing the tape. Has anyone else had experience with this and not taping it down?

b. I really like the Rugged Ridge giving more places to store my other small junk but I think it would be too high up for me to be able to see: it sucks getting old. I'm not sure about the quality of it. I don't want to mount an inexpensive piece of plastic on the top of my dash.

c. The 67 Designs is very similar to the Bulletpoint one; I'm still not sure if I need that heavy of a holder.

2. I would like it within view so I can see what is on the screen. I am having trouble getting my Jeep to show me my text messages on the main screen? My crappy Tacoma could do it I would expect my Sahara can? I get a message saying that my device isn't set up to do this? I am not sure what the hell is going on.

3. I tried my girlfriends weather tech cup holder thing and I wasn't happy with it.

4. My phone won't fit in the slot between the cupholders.
Sponsored

Sholmberg0311

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
Occupation
Adult baby sitter
Thank you all for the responses! I'll try to answer in order.

1. I had watched that video and still wasn't able to make up my mind.

a. Proclip looks great but I do not want to tape it to my dash. Griffinm brings up a good point about not needing the tape. Has anyone else had experience with this and not taping it down?

b. I really like the Rugged Ridge giving more places to store my other small junk but I think it would be too high up for me to be able to see: it sucks getting old. I'm not sure about the quality of it. I don't want to mount an inexpensive piece of plastic on the top of my dash.

c. The 67 Designs is very similar to the Bulletpoint one; I'm still not sure if I need that heavy of a holder.

2. I would like it within view so I can see what is on the screen. I am having trouble getting my Jeep to show me my text messages on the main screen? My crappy Tacoma could do it I would expect my Sahara can? I get a message saying that my device isn't set up to do this? I am not sure what the hell is going on.

3. I tried my girlfriends weather tech cup holder thing and I wasn't happy with it.

4. My phone won't fit in the slot between the cupholders.

(A). I do not use the tape to adhere to my dash as said above, that way I am able to slide the mount wherever I choose. Mine currently sits above air vent. Perfect line of sight. It stays in place and secures my Galaxy phone with a rugged case just fine.

(B). I got rid of this due to the fact it takes up a lot of window space and the phone mount it comes with flung my phone out consistently. ( Replaced with PRO CLIP)

Just my 2 cents.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
My bulletpoint has been superb. I’ve not had one issue or complaint. It’s expensive…but I felt I got exceptional construction and material.

Last edited:

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Not sure if you need to see your screen or not. I went with this one Jeep JL/JT Phone Holster (gibsonleatherworks.com)

Sits out of the way. Looks great. I do forget my phone in the Jeep from time to time, but I would with an in view phone clip too. Still not used to having to put my phone back in my pocket.

Sponsored

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR, 2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I also have the Bulletpoint and I'm extremely happy with it. I have the dual ball that goes into the left corner of the cubby, and the spring mount holder.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
I have spent a few days reading reviews and posts on phone holders and I am still not sure what I need. I was sold on the Bulletpoint ones until I saw a few videos with people complaining about the clamps not staying tight and the rods moving and also that there were some quality control issues with the mounting plates that would make them not fit correctly.
Never have had a problem with the Bulletpoint mount. Know many people that have them. Very popular around these parts. Can you point me to a problem video, I am curious. Thanks!

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Sponsored

pipincan

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0L North Edition *Bikini Pearl*
Not sure if you need to see your screen or not. I went with this one Jeep JL/JT Phone Holster (gibsonleatherworks.com)

Sits out of the way. Looks great. I do forget my phone in the Jeep from time to time, but I would with an in view phone clip too. Still not used to having to put my phone back in my pocket.
I'll third this option. Tucks my iPhone away nicely and no problems when using CarPlay.

JeffNJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler JLU Sport S Sarge Green

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Hello all:

So far the only thing that has disappointed me about my Jeep is the lack of a valid place to keep my phone. I have been using the little cubby hole below the media ports but it is a pain in the ass to get the phone out of some times and with it out of sight I end up forgetting it and having to go back and retrieve my phone once I realize it. I have decided that I need some auxiliary switches so that storage option should be going away soon.

I have spent a few days reading reviews and posts on phone holders and I am still not sure what I need. I was sold on the Bulletpoint ones until I saw a few videos with people complaining about the clamps not staying tight and the rods moving and also that there were some quality control issues with the mounting plates that would make them not fit correctly.

I will never do any rock crawling or crazy speed washboard roads so I don't need an extreme model. I am looking for something affordable that will mount easily (I love how the Bulletpoint one mounts) and will securely hold my phone where I can easily access it if needed.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Yes pretty short sighted of Jeep not to think about this. Ford did on the Bronco. Jeep did with the JK with a spot under the hand brake. Not great but it worked. The JL especially the Rubicons with lockers and aux switch’s has nothing specific to store your phone in like the Sports trims do with the dash spaces being more open not having the lockers and aux switches. I though have found that mine (an Ip-10) does sit and hold nicely in the gap between the 4wd lever and auto/shifter lever when turned on its side. Need to have a rubberized type phone case though and not have a need to see your phone screen perfectly.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I have around 13k miles and a few off road/trail outings with the Rubigrid by Bulletpoint. It’s still great for the money but there is just a hair more movement on washboard roads than there initially was.

If you run it, I’d put all the 20mm balls on one after another that way it’s future expandable. Why? I’m thinking about trying some double sided tape to spread the two screws mounting load. It might help prevent future movement to minimize ANY movement from the outset. Make the base fully engage with the dash IOW.

I have only had my small (by today’s standards) cell, an Osmo Action, and inReach Mini mounted up there so far but want to mount my handheld radio up there as well so I’m going to be adding more weight/leverage.
Sponsored