dougiebros

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Anyone have any experience with these?

https://carmount.com/f1/?fbclid=IwAR3UC3ENFrel4dsbR38HrJBr6zTgbUARtRq3YC5hc3S3Jra4uOQHDCDRDEU

I like the minimal design, just not sure where I'd put it or if it'll stand up to some bumpy driving. I've also been looking at the 67 phone holder, but I'd like not to use the space in the storage area of the dash. I'd also like to try and keep the phone by me and not in the passenger area.

Not too many places to put a phone mount...
Sponsored

Sargeoverland

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu
I and many others used these on the ship when deployed. Mainly because they would hold up to the jarring movement of the ship and they never seemed to move that much.
as far as in the Jeep I’m sure they’d be just fine. Though it seems pretty close to what ever you’re going to mount it on

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I use 4 - 67designs in our two Jeeps and they are rock solid, and its not scary with the doors being off and worrying about the phones bouncing out of the rig. But these magnets really have me thinking about a Mini iPad mount or just changing things up for the new 392 that's coming in.

If you get one keep us in the loop on the performance.

And Sargeoverland, thank you for your service!

Sargeoverland

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu
I use the bullet proof mounting solutions set up. One for phone, one has a GoPro on it because that’s how it came, one for radio, one for tablet. I think I’m going to do the cmm ball mount in the handle for the tablet so it brings it down lower but it might block the ac.
super solid choice too

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I use the bullet proof mounting solutions set up. One for phone, one has a GoPro on it because that’s how it came, one for radio, one for tablet. I think I’m going to do the cmm ball mount in the handle for the tablet so it brings it down lower but it might block the ac.
super solid choice too
I use CMM stuff in my JK and its Killer set up! Rock solid for sure.

Sponsored

OP
OP
dougiebros

dougiebros

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
I ordered the “buy 2 get one free” bundle. Figured I’ll use one for my wife’s JK as well.
I’ll let you know how they work out.

OP
OP
dougiebros

dougiebros

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Got this in about a week ago. Giving it a bit more time before I post a little review. So far, it’s awesome. Works as advertised.

I’ll post more after another week or two to be sure along with pics.

OP
OP
dougiebros

dougiebros

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Glad I waited a bit...

Overall the magnets are awesome. I have an iphone 11 pro in an otterbox case. Very heavy compared to other phones I've had in the past. The phone doesn't budge while in the mount. I tested on some dirt / muddy roads with pretty deep pot holes in the woods. No hardcore rock crawling, but it did jar the Jeep fairly well in some instances.

Unfortunately, the "carmount" branded rubber cover on the mount itself peeled off pretty easily. I had the same issue in the mounts I installed in my Jeep and my Buick (my DD).

If it stayed together, I would absolutely recommend. But, with my experience, I cannot. I'll think I'll go for a 67designs mount next and just sacrifice a bit of dash storage next to my sunglasses.

Hope this helps anyone doing their research. Our options are a bit limited where to stash our phones to keep the interior looking clean for those of us with minor cases of OCD. Strangely enough, my OCD is just fine with having a muddy Jeep 🤔
Sponsored