Not open for further replies.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
So for those following along. Got the new light and guess what, still doesn’t fit the steel bumper. And just as a comparison because they keep blaming the stamping of the bumper and not their lights. I measured the new light and a factory reflector. The reflector fits in the bumper just fine, the light, not so much. Guess which one is bigger?

I would prefer to have a slight gap around the light and it fit vs trying to get it as tight as possible which is what they did. Unfortunately that doesn’t allow for any tolerance stacking whatsoever.
Guess I will grind the light down again and wait for it to leak. 😒

41726E8E-4C5B-4B5D-B77E-1282DDA636AB.jpeg

EFEE5FBC-A103-4163-9FB2-D6C6A6E3871E.jpeg

2E15A33A-A59E-4542-8240-96F42A57B755.jpeg

B5A3BE5D-ABFC-4FEB-88FA-59B0666E0EF8.jpeg

B4EB2084-649F-413B-932F-495BEBCC611B.jpeg
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
So for those following along. Got the new light and guess what, still doesn’t fit the steel bumper. And just as a comparison because they keep blaming the stamping of the bumper and not their lights. I measured the new light and a factory reflector. The reflector fits in the bumper just fine, the light, not so much. Guess which one is bigger?

I would prefer to have a slight gap around the light and it fit vs trying to get it as tight as possible which is what they did. Unfortunately that doesn’t allow for any tolerance stacking whatsoever.
Guess I will grind the light down again and wait for it to leak. 😒

41726E8E-4C5B-4B5D-B77E-1282DDA636AB.jpeg

EFEE5FBC-A103-4163-9FB2-D6C6A6E3871E.jpeg

2E15A33A-A59E-4542-8240-96F42A57B755.jpeg

B5A3BE5D-ABFC-4FEB-88FA-59B0666E0EF8.jpeg

B4EB2084-649F-413B-932F-495BEBCC611B.jpeg
JEEP knew to allow for differences in manufacturing tolerance. There is also expansion and contraction when temps change.

Speaking of expansion and contraction. The difference in temps can be considerable for a black bumper. It can be a serious problem going from summer to winter. Both metal and plastic expands when temps change. That can compromise a seal if the fit is too tight.

That's straight up a design flaw on Oracle's part. It's unacceptable to sell a product and expect customers modify it got get it to fit properly. Not when it's designed to be a direct-fit product. They should recall them.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
JEEP knew to allow for differences in manufacturing tolerance. There is also expansion and contraction when temps change.

Speaking of expansion and contraction. The difference in temps can be considerable for a black bumper. It can be a serious problem going from summer to winter. Both metal and plastic expands when temps change. That can compromise a seal if the fit is too tight.

That's straight up a design flaw on Oracle's part. It's unacceptable to sell a product and expect customers modify it got get it to fit properly. Not when it's designed to be a direct-fit product. They should recall them.
Or at least not charge you to get the replacement. 🤔

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Yes, my left one. Got in touch with Oracle regarding the warranty. I mentioned in my email that not only does it leak, but that they fail to work intermittently. She basically told me to kick rocks.

“...Surface condensation on the lenses is considered normal as any humidity in the air trapped inside of the light evaporates. Condensation or misting on the lens does not equate water leakage, and this will not affect the lights functionality or life. Condensation happens when the inner and outer air temperatures differ and will dissipate when the temperatures are more balanced. If you would like to speed this up, you may apply a small amount of heat to the outside of the lens to allow the temperature to normalize....”

TLDR; your leaking light isn’t leaking and if it were stand there with a hair dryer to evaporate it. Be on your way, nothing to see here.

Hello, we can replace these lights for you. That is not a problem, can you message us with your original order info?

I am glad I read this post. We were looking at getting the reverse lights, possibly the side lights, and their upcoming lighted Bronco emblem (wife’s new vehicle) when they are released next month.

as I have mentioned in other threads, it is almost impossible to find good customer service these days.

something as simple as going out to get food after 6pm has become a challenge around here, as most places are closed. We always make it a point to thank the employees that still show up and work.

thank you for posting this.

Jeep-JB

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
After @ORACLElights responded to this thread regarding the unresolved problems with my lights, I provided details and they have agreed to replace the light and offered an apology for the customer service lapse that allowed it to become an issue here on the forum rather than handling the situation as soon as I brought it to their attention. A replacement is being mailed to me.
That's awesome and speaks volumes to the fact that Oracle is trolling this thread to ensure customer sat. Very impressive of them. I have one of their products, I will be purchasing more.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
That's awesome and speaks volumes to the fact that Oracle is trolling this thread to ensure customer sat. Very impressive of them. I have one of their products, I will be purchasing more.
@Jeep-JB

Your post made me chuckle a bit....

Don't think you read through this whole thread and or other similar threads on here or the JT forum. If you had you would not be saying what you did.

fourseasons1621

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16JK 21JLR 20FXLRS 21PanAmerica
I commend Oracle for trying to make design improvements based on feedback. Yes there should be more tolerance on the light to account for varied consistency in the stamping of the bumpers. One would think the original reflector would have been scanned and their mold derived directly from that scan which would result in exact dimensions of the existing reflector. As far as customer service, again a bit impressed that everyone with a problem receives a response for resolve in a timely fashion. Something very few manufacturers even acknowledge these days. I believe that is being taken for granted by some. Especially for a fairly inexpensive lighting “mod”. The cries about shipping cost of $10 (if optioned) is really not bad if it’s really 2 day shipping. This just comes from this new world McDonald’s mentality of I want it NOW and I want it for $1. I will be purchasing this product when I get a ship date for my JL

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
I commend Oracle for trying to make design improvements based on feedback. Yes there should be more tolerance on the light to account for varied consistency in the stamping of the bumpers. One would think the original reflector would have been scanned and their mold derived directly from that scan which would result in exact dimensions of the existing reflector. As far as customer service, again a bit impressed that everyone with a problem receives a response for resolve in a timely fashion. Something very few manufacturers even acknowledge these days. I believe that is being taken for granted by some. Especially for a fairly inexpensive lighting “mod”. The cries about shipping cost of $10 (if optioned) is really not bad if it’s really 2 day shipping. This just comes from this new world McDonald’s mentality of I want it NOW and I want it for $1. I will be purchasing this product when I get a ship date for my JL
Actually it comes from the “I paid $100.00 for the light, your design sucks, you blame it on the bumper, so why should I pay you another $10.00 for your mistake you won’t admit to mentality”

It’s bad enough the bumper needs to come back off on our time,but let’s just keep insisting your lights are the best thing in the world and the bumper is screwed up.

When it didn’t fit and you contact them they TELL YOU TO GRIND IT. This is what causes the leak. If I decided not to grind it and return it ,it wouldn’t cost me a dime for return shipping. But because their “fix” causes the issue the customer should pay?

When you get your rig and put these in hopefully you will be one of the very few that they don’t fill up with water, but if they do please come back and update everyone how happy you are to pull the bumper back off and spend more money fixing their screw up.

Last edited:

andrew4fins

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Glad I found this post. Was debating these. Had a nice JL parked next to me this weekend. Had these. So took a close look at them as was curious. Noticed condensation in one of them ( was in am and it had been cold night before) didn’t really click at time. I noticed as I used to have a cheap eBay lightbar on my old 4Runner n it always had condensation in it. Bugged me but hey it was cheap. Way cheaper than these lights. Anyway after seeing this I’ll spend the $100 on another mod. No issues. I’d just be annoyed if it happened to me and my luck it would. Lol.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
I keep getting notifications there was new reply’s to this thread but nothing is here?🤔

Sponsored

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I keep getting notifications there was new reply’s to this thread but nothing is here?🤔
Have you considered grinding/beveling the steel of the bumper vs. the lamp?

My story: I have these lamps, but in the plastic bumper, they clicked in tight, in fact I did not screw them as I couldn't get at the screw hole and was impatient and I was not gonna remove the bumper. I ordered them from the launch and installed them as soon as I received them, 10 months or so now.

I did observe a considerable amount condensation within the first few days of ownership but only in the passenger side lamp. Contacted Oracle, provided pictures and invoice and they did send a replacement lamp for free and no charge s&h. I offered to send the original defective lamp back, but they said to trash it. Being lazy, I left the leaking one mounted as it still worked keeping the replacement in reserve. About 2 months ago it finally stopped working, but was like one hundredth of the light output, more like an ambient white glow - so it was useless.

Last night I finally replaced it. It was a bitch to pry out, so I am not worried about my lack of using the screw as an anchor. Still have not observed condensation on the driver's side over the past year or so and it is still bright like day one. As for the replacement, time will tell. I still think these are the best option available to the piss poor factory reverse lamps for the money.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Have you considered grinding/beveling the steel of the bumper vs. the lamp?

My story: I have these lamps, but in the plastic bumper, they clicked in tight, in fact I did not screw them as I couldn't get at the screw hole and was impatient and I was not gonna remove the bumper. I ordered them from the launch and installed them as soon as I received them, 10 months or so now.

I did observe a considerable amount condensation within the first few days of ownership but only in the passenger side lamp. Contacted Oracle, provided pictures and invoice and they did send a replacement lamp for free and no charge s&h. I offered to send the original defective lamp back, but they said to trash it. Being lazy, I left the leaking one mounted as it still worked keeping the replacement in reserve. About 2 months ago it finally stopped working, but was like one hundredth of the light output, more like an ambient white glow - so it was useless.

Last night I finally replaced it. It was a bitch to pry out, so I am not worried about my lack of using the screw as an anchor. Still have not observed condensation on the driver's side over the past year or so and it is still bright like day one. As for the replacement, time will tell. I still think these are the best option available to the piss poor factory reverse lamps for the money.
Well my thought is if I grind the $400 bumper and then it rusts it’s on me. I try to look for the path of least resistance. It would be a heck of a lot easier if they would just admit the lights are over sized and make them a few MM smaller. Then the problem would be solved and it sooner a solid product. But apparently that’s asking too much.

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Well my thought is if I grind the $400 bumper and then it rusts it’s on me. I try to look for the path of least resistance. It would be a heck of a lot easier if they would just admit the lights are over sized and make them a few MM smaller. Then the problem would be solved and it sooner a solid product. But apparently that’s asking too much.
I see what your saying, just wondering if that was even an option as I have been kicking around about "upgrading" to the steel bumper if I can find one cheap on CL or whatever. I'd rather dremel a little bit of metal and add some rustoleum then grind on that lamp and cause immediate problems with leaking.

But from durability standpoint and from what I've read about that Jeep steel bumper on this forum, my money is probably better spent on a different brand.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
I just hate to have a corrosion issue on the bumper. It would really be easier if someone made a light that actually fit. Maybe at some point there will be one available.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.