Opinion - BEST MUD FLAPS?

moparcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S 80th Anniversary
Ok I know this is gonna be like asking "what is the best oil to use"..LOL

But....

Our two week old JL 2 door has aquired its first couple of rock chips.....WE NEED FLAPS

Its a lease so I would prefer NO DRILL and REMOVABLE, but ultimately want the best choice for
all around winter and summer driving but something that will stand up to off road use.

Looks like the Weathertechs get a good rating for everything BUT offroad...too rigid.

The mopar flaps are $$$$$$$$$$.....are they worth it? I found one brand that people say is exactly like the Mopars but less $$....they look rigid too though....
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The Mopar mud flaps...sorry, ā€œsplash guardsā€, are worth it to my because they donā€™t look like they were picked up from a junkyard.

Then again, I own a Sahara with those big side steps, so dings and chips are not really an issue for me.

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Govā€™t Contractor & Gym Rat
I noticed you off-road, so yes, you will need rubber splash guards. Weathertech are hard/rigid plastic; however:

Iā€™ve mounted Weathertech splash guards on my JKs & my JL. They are no drill & they fit the contour of the JL fender perfectly.
Install takes about an hour and a half for front & rears.
Iā€™m really happy with them.
Iā€™m OCD about all my vehicles, so splash guards are a must for me...

cheers/B

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I was looking around for flaps last week and finally ordered the RokBlokz. They havenā€™t shown up yet so hope it was a good call. Not sure if you have a rubicon but some flaps wonā€™t fit them, including mopar ones if I remember correctly.

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I have the WeatherTech front mudflaps. They're held on by 2 screws and a reusable christmas tree fastener, so even if you go off-road, it's not a big deal to remove before playing (IMO).

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
Vote for RokBlokz, atleast the front. Put them on my Rubicon to help with the throw from the tires.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Another vote for Rokblokz. I leave my fronts on for the trails. Rears come off in under 60 seconds.

Sponsored

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
RokBlokz really look like a great choice, but not sure how well they will work with the Mopar heavy-duty rock sliders (NOT the Rubicon sliders) on a Sport 2-door. Seems like this op had a fitment issue on his Sahara:

Rokblokz vs. 2020 Sahara. | 2018+ Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, Unlimited - JLwranglerforums.com

Granted, he figured out a great work-around for his vehicle, but just curious if anyone has experienced issues with the heavy duty sliders. Appreciate any feedback or recommendations.

kelvinator

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
If you go Rokblokz, consider paying the extra $10 for the XL size. I bought the standard size which fit the Rubicon 33" M/T OEM tires perfectly. After installing 35" tires last month, my rails, doors, and rear fender front-side are getting caked with mud again (I live on a dirt road, and it's mud season in central Colorado right now). No worries, my flap extensions arrived from Amazon, so I'll cut and epoxy a couple of inches to the Rokblokz this weekend.

The Rubi rails poke into the fender well, and that's why the front Rokblokz flaps come with a cutout. If you have after market rails, like Rockhard 4x4, which fit flush to the well, then order the flaps with no cutout.

Although, Rokblokz come with sweet quick-disconnects, I leave them on no matter how narly the trail. It's amazing how much material M/T tires throw up, especially on loose terrain. I'd rather protect my door panels best I can over my flaps. Plus, they reduce my cleaning effort.

operator22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
If you donā€™t need rails, the Mopar side steps actually make good (front) mud guards.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
RokBlokz

/end thread
Agreed. I have them on my Raptor and theyā€™ve been perfect. I just havenā€™t gotten around to getting them for my Jeep yet.

They have just enough stiffness to be effective but they have enough give that they wonā€™t interfere when off roading.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer the Tailgaters. Best looking and couldn't be more cost efficient.

Jeep Wrangler JL Opinion - BEST MUD FLAPS? 20210211_132351_resized

On a serious note, rockblox and weathertec seem to be the go-tos.
Sponsored