First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I always swore I would never put mud flaps on my Rubicon because I figured they would be ripped off when the tire drops off of an obstacle. Thankfully, my JK Rubi did not need mud flaps. On my JL Rubi small rocks from the trail get embedded in the Falken "off road" tire tread and then are sometimes thrown out of the tire at highway speeds passing below the front wheel opening fender extension. The JL Rubi seems to be 2 -3 inches higher than my JK, allowing this to happen. Some of the small rocks skim along the front door panel and even the rear door, leaving long scratches from the stone impingement. I hate scratches. I installed the front custom WeatherTech "no-drill" mud guards which are made specifically for the JL Rubicon. I did a trail yesterday and the mud flaps did their job. Not sure how long before they contact an obstacle on the trail.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Mud Flaps jeeo
Sponsored

Big Hoss

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU
I used the RockBlox mud flaps on mine. 3 thumb screws hold them on. Easy to remove when hitting the trails, takes less than 5 minutes to get them off.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
love my Weathertech mud-flaps..

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Mud Flaps 1635515300874

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
I went a little different route with my mudflaps.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Mud Flaps 1635515625338

Found a couple of sets of universal ones that I attached to the existing hardware/mounting points so they were no drill (well, drilled holes in the budflaps...). I went to Deadwood for the Jeep Jamboree there and while the mudflaps took a little damage (tears near the tops, and holes in the front where they get pinned under the rock rails), they remained in tact and in place.
Sponsored