First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Webasto should be building the tops according to Ford’s design and engineering specifications.

I can’t see anyway that this issue wasn’t brought up to Ford, or that Ford didn’t notice and change the specs on the thickness of the outer layer.

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Here's you some Ford quality. The antenna cover on my mustang was Ruby red, my car was Rapid red. Delivered that way from Ford

4768270D-95CE-41F5-8B61-2169D5168E59.jpeg
😲:swear:

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Ugliest truck on the road right now. They should be ashamed of it compared to the original. I so wanted this truck to be what it originally was. The 2 door I feel is nicer but still just so ugly compared to the past. There r a lot of them roaming my area right now. All soccer moms it looks. They must have had recent lease deals. If it wasn’t an updated version of a classic rig I would give it a pass but it’s not.
I agree, they should have made more of an effort to make it look like the old ones, just like Ford did. And I'll give them the taillights, I like those. That said, most of the reviews I've seen say its pretty formidable off road.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
See my post #25 above. Anyone who works the line in QC for final inspection should be fired on the spot for some of the mistakes that got pass them.
Agreed. It seems to go past just QC though. I get mistakes at the factory, but the tops and the GOAT mode issues seem to be defects in design, not workmanship. Hopefully the GOAT mode issue is software and can be updated over the air.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know why anyone is surprised; Ford doesn’t have the best track record with new vehicle launches lately.

While I can understand a measure of schadenfreude from the Jeep faithful we should all remember that Ford’s success helps us all. The better the Bronco is, the more pressure on Stellantis to improve jeep.

Go America!

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Look at the 2017 wrangler. Then look at the 2021 wrangler.

Price aside, i don’t know how any Jeep fan can be disappointed in what they have done in the last 4 years.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Two factors come to mind in my opinion of an automaker.

1) How much they get it right the first time, and
2) How they respond when the don't.

New models will have glitches. How many and what the manufacturer does to resolve them separate the "adult" manufacturers from the "children."

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your posts lashing out at anything skeptical of the Bronco are getting increasingly cringeworthy. Given all the bravado over the past year about how much better the Bronco was going to be on it’s competitor’s site, including it’s hard top, you reap what you sow. Can’t have your cake and eat it too..
Likewise the daily threads lashing out at the hate for the Bronco are getting increasingly cringeworthy. If the Jeep is so superior and the Bronco sucks then why not move along and talk about the Jeep and stop the daily Bronco bashing threads. It must be the jealousy or fear that Bronco has something the Jeep doesn't to garner so much attention on a Jeep JL forum.

AP_2004

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, IS300
Ford should have just played it off as a intentional design element. :LOL:

I am surprised that got out of the factory and pass QC inspection at the end of the line. In fairness. All car companies have had embarrassing production goof ups that got pass QC inspections at the factories. Jeep has a few funny goof ups that got into the wild also. I remember a JL with 2 different color fenders. Another with different color Freedom panels.
This is not just a “goof up”. Some of the issues they’re having with those tops isn’t as easy as sending the right color panels. And with tops being low commodity already it may take some time for a replacement.
Sponsored