First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
How are their back-up lines? That's the real test.
Sponsored

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 2021 SAHARA (that my wife lets me drive on the weekends..sometimes.)
Full disclosure, I'm a Bronco lover. That being said, the soft top sucks, too. Saw one in person yesterday and it looks loose with wavy rear windows. Ford really dropped the ball on both tops. First, you can only get a hard top on the 2DR, so all these issues with the hard top have put a halt on delivery of 2 doors. Second, the soft top option for the 2 DR is $2k.

As I mentioned before the soft top on the 4 DR looks like a$$. You'd think with the amount of money and time spent developing the Bronco, they'd have pretty much every issue hammered out by now....

I may still place an order for one, but it'll be sometime next year before I even see it, which by that time, maybe they'll have the top issue hammered out. At least I can still drive my wife's JL!

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Your 2020 must have a different screen and back-up camera then what was in the 2019 JLs? I owned a '19JLR and the back-up camera and infotainment was very problematic. My JLR had 3 different head units for back-up camera and Uconnect related issues. I suggest you do a search for Uconnect4 and common back-up camera problems. Ford gives you a black screen when it malfunctions. You get a blue screen with the JL. How ironic is that? Ford should get the BLUE screen. :CWL:

How old were your last Fords and and what generation infotainment screens and systems? Was what you had the same as what is in the new Bronco? I Did they have the same 12" Sync 4? I owned a '19JLR with the upgraded 8.4" Uconnect4 infotainment. I thought the larger screen in the Bronco was a LOT better than my Uconnect4 screen. And it should be considering the 12" Sync4 is brand new and the Jeep's Uconnect4 is obsolete and being replaced with Uconnect5 anytime now.
My F150's and mustang had the same sync3 screen, so not sync4. My wife's Expedition that is currently switching between displaying everything upside down and right side up is sync4 I think? It has a slightly different look than either of my old ones. My Jeep has a 7" screen. No complaints with unconnect, yet. Sync is largely trouble free, it does get laggy occasionally, but doesn't everything?

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
When I saw the snakeskin pattern on the hard-top:

ue-honeycomb-or-snakeskin-pattern-developing-1-jpg.jpg

I couldn't help but think it's a little early for a Cobra trim level...

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I agree on the 360 camera. This is an area where Jeep could have innovated and they didn't. It's cool tech and there is nothing comparable in the aftermarket either.
Ford had huge head start with their camera technology. I saw some of their pick up trucks with the cool back up cameras with Pro Trailer Back Up Assist. The Customer Place Back Up Cameras is cool too. The concept is anyway. How well it works and how reliable is another question all together.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Raz4back

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma
Oh boy another thread full of a bunch of jealous Bronco haters. Yeah the Wrangler JL had zero problems when it was launched and continued for years and still actually has them.
Why would anyone that owns a JL be “jealous?” People are jealous of things that they can’t have/do. If you can afford a JL then you can afford a Bronco. We aren’t talking about a G Wagon.

It is just a little poetic justice that the “Jeep Killer” has had issues when they are supposed to be superior to the “Fiats.”

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My F150's and mustang had the same sync3 screen, so not sync4. My wife's Expedition that is currently switching between displaying everything upside down and right side up is sync4 I think? It has a slightly different look than either of my old ones. My Jeep has a 7" screen. No complaints with unconnect, yet. Sync is largely trouble free, it does get laggy occasionally, but doesn't everything?
I think Sync 4 premiered with the Mach-E EV? Not sure if Sync 4 is available in the Expedition yet?

Have you actually had a chance to see the larger Sync 4 screens in the new Broncos? I am really surprised you feel your JL's 7" Uconnect4 is better than the Bronco's larger 12" Sync 4. It really is pretty slick. Currently no Wrangler has anything remotely close infotainment and camera wise.

I have no experience with any of the Ford Sync products. I would not know if lagging response is normal or not for their processors and software? I do have a lot of experience with the Wrangler's 8.4" Uconnect4. Uconnect4 does glitch up and have problems. Not just laging in response but actually locking up.

The newer Sync 4 and Uconnect5 are supposedly much faster and can be updated over the air. Both are basically computers and the latest offerings from Ford and Jeep. I think Uconnect5 is Android based? Hopefully reliability and functionality are better as the technology matures. I have my doubts though? :LOL:

At least Ford recalled the 700K bad head units. Jeep has not recalled anything radio and infotainment related yet. Jeep does replace head units for warranty though. I had a couple already. Jeep told me the 8.4" unit cost something like $2K a pop.

Last edited:

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
The bigger issue I have seen is people getting "Service advance trac" and GOAT modes not working during light off-roading. I have always been a Ford guy, I have a Cobra tattoo for crying out loud, but this launch has been terrible. How any of those leave the factory that way is insane.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I saw the snakeskin pattern on the hard-top:

Jeep Wrangler JL New Bronco has Hard Top Issues 1626791046146

I couldn't help but think it's a little early for a Cobra trim level...
Ford should have just played it off as a intentional design element. :LOL:

I am surprised that got out of the factory and pass QC inspection at the end of the line. In fairness. All car companies have had embarrassing production goof ups that got pass QC inspections at the factories. Jeep has a few funny goof ups that got into the wild also. I remember a JL with 2 different color fenders. Another with different color Freedom panels.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The bigger issue I have seen is people getting "Service advance trac" and GOAT modes not working during light off-roading. I have always been a Ford guy, I have a Cobra tattoo for crying out loud, but this launch has been terrible. How any of those leave the factory that way is insane.
See my post #25 above. Anyone who works the line in QC for final inspection should be fired on the spot for some of the mistakes that got pass them.

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I think Sync 4 premiered with the Mach-E EV? Not sure if Sync 4 is available in the Expedition yet?

Have you actually had a chance to see the larger Sync 4 screens in the new Broncos? I am really surprised you feel your JL's 7" Uconnect4 is better than the Bronco's larger 12" Sync 4. It really is pretty slick. Currently no Wrangler has anything remotely close infotainment and camera wise.

I have no experience with any of the Ford Sync products. I would not know if lagging response is normal or not for their processors and software? I do have a lot of experience with the Wrangler's 8.4" Uconnect4. Uconnect4 does glitch up and have problems. Not just laging in response but actually locking up.

The newer Sync 4 and Uconnect5 are supposedly much faster and can be updated over the air. Both are basically computers and the latest offerings from Ford and Jeep. Hopefully reliability and functionality are better as the technology matures.

At least Ford recalled the 700K bad head units. Jeep has not recalled anything yet.
It could be a different 'theme' on the expedition, not sure. It does look a little different than the ones I've had prior. My unconnect works fine, I really only use it for car play, and that's a little annoying the way they integrated car play to not being full screen. The infotainment system isn't what makes a car good or bad, I'm just saying in my experience with both systems, neither is better or worse than the other, uconnect does things better than sync, sync does other things better than uconnect. The biggest annoyance with sync is car play is sick at full brightness at all times. It's blinding at night, Android auto is similar in brightness to the rest of the screens. Ford days it's an Apple issue, Apple says it's a Ford issue.

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
See my post #25 above. Anyone who works the line in QC for final inspection should be fired on the spot for some of the mistakes that got pass them.
Here's you some Ford quality. The antenna cover on my mustang was Ruby red, my car was Rapid red. Delivered that way from Ford

Jeep Wrangler JL New Bronco has Hard Top Issues 4768270D-95CE-41F5-8B61-2169D5168E59

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
If you don't make the top out of super-strong honeycomb hex, you have to put a reinforcement square in there.

Jeep Wrangler JL New Bronco has Hard Top Issues 4768270D-95CE-41F5-8B61-2169D5168E59
Ugliest truck on the road right now. They should be ashamed of it compared to the original. I so wanted this truck to be what it originally was. The 2 door I feel is nicer but still just so ugly compared to the past. There r a lot of them roaming my area right now. All soccer moms it looks. They must have had recent lease deals. If it wasn’t an updated version of a classic rig I would give it a pass but it’s not.
Sponsored