First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
No leaks so far. I used it for a 5 tire rotation about two weeks ago and had no problems. It's been laying sideways in the little jack cubby the whole time.
Good to hear :) thanks

Gaffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ / 2023 Sarah coming in the spring
The amazon link shows that the jack is designed for 1.8T or 3800lb. The curb weight of a JLUR is a little over 4400lbs. I am not sure if that jack is safe to use. not saying it will not work but unsure if it should be used.
Do you think you would be lifting the whole jeep?

OP
OP
Oncorhynchus

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
I'm not sure if the brass bearing is structural or not, but if it is, I'm not sure of it's strength.
It is not. Just acts as a circumferential space filler so that there is a slip fit between the SafeJack accessories and the post on top of the scissor jack.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
My new scissor jacks. 3 1/2 ton, 24" max height. One just fits diagonally in the cubby well. I only carry one, but carry two types of adapters. One is shaped to fit the axle or step/sliders and the other fits the frame. They are leaf spring perches I bought from Summit. No riser needed. Stout as hell. I tested one by jacking the slider and driving off it like I might have to do off-road.
Jeep Wrangler JL My new scissor jack setup jack

Jeep Wrangler JL My new scissor jack setup 20220516_175659

Sponsored

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
i like the adapter and mounting plate, are they your own creations ?

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
i like the adapter and mounting plate, are they your own creations ?
I trimmed the top pad of the jack, welded a 1/2" thick plate to it that has a 5/8" threaded hole to bolt the leaf spring perches. Leaf spring perches are cheap and found at Summit racing or other automotive shops.

Quadjeeper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Occupation
retired
I have a HUMVEE 3.5 ton scissor jack that I kept in my Sportsmobile (it weighed right at 5 tons). It has never been used and is too big to lug around in the Jeep (in hindsight, I should have left it with the Sporty when I sold it). It is like this one, but new / clean. Agile Offroad at one time made adapters for the knob on this to interface with the Safe Jack pieces... I couldn't find it on their web site anymore, so that has probably faded into history - similar idea to the OP, but with a bigger jack.

Not sure what to do with this silly thing...

Jeep Wrangler JL My new scissor jack setup 20220516_175659
I just bought that jack kit and also the Agile adapter. Agile is still in business. I use these mostly at home as my floor jack doesn't like my 392XR height. I plan on carrying these on trail rides as well. Used to have a roll bar mounted HiLift, but not very practical.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I just bought that jack kit and also the Agile adapter. Agile is still in business. I use these mostly at home as my floor jack doesn't like my 392XR height. I plan on carrying these on trail rides as well. Used to have a roll bar mounted HiLift, but not very practical.
If I were to do it again, I'd get that jack. Mine is a commercial rv jack of the same size.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
... my floor jack doesn't like my 392XR height. ...
Had a similar problem with my truck. I ended up buying a Harbor Freight jack cross bar. Gives the height and width for lifting on a lot of areas.

Jeep Wrangler JL My new scissor jack setup HF jack bar

Sponsored

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
My new scissor jacks. 3 1/2 ton, 24" max height. One just fits diagonally in the cubby well. I only carry one, but carry two types of adapters. One is shaped to fit the axle or step/sliders and the other fits the frame. They are leaf spring perches I bought from Summit. No riser needed. Stout as hell. I tested one by jacking the slider and driving off it like I might have to do off-road.

I have set of those still in the box at my shop. I ended up going with a 12 Ton bottle jack with a reach of 18”. The bottom point of my axle is 17” so that would leave me a inch to remove the tire. I have just too much droop on my jeep with my current lift to use a scissor jack.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
BTW... careful with those... when I had my Sportsmobile I considered one of these, but several members on that forum complained that they leaked badly if not kept upright. No complaint about function... just the leaks.
Jeep Wrangler JL My new scissor jack setup 1660253330911

Reactions: GtX

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I have set of those still in the box at my shop. I ended up going with a 12 Ton bottle jack with a reach of 18”. The bottom point of my axle is 17” so that would leave me a inch to remove the tire. I have just too much droop on my jeep with my current lift to use a scissor jack.
That's a healthy size bottle jack. I just chose to have an axle saddle on the scissor jack. Once I lift the JL I'm not going to get a tire off the ground from the frame or rails. Even with 40s, that scissor will extend high enough to get to the axle and raise a tire off the ground, without using riser blocks.

Having a bottle jack effectively gives you a portable press to bend, straighten, or insert things, if you're innovative.

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
That's a healthy size bottle jack. I just chose to have an axle saddle on the scissor jack. Once I lift the JL I'm not going to get a tire off the ground from the frame or rails. Even with 40s, that scissor will extend high enough to get to the axle and raise a tire off the ground, without using riser blocks.

Having a bottle jack effectively gives you a portable press to bend, straighten, or insert things, if you're innovative.
Yep, and it fit in a small homedepot zipper bag. I had a brain fart yesterday, the stock jack would not lift my jeep because of the lift and weight I have now. And after seeing another post from a failed jack yesterday. Got me thinking about my rig with 4.5 lift and 37’s and that piece of crap stock jack.

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
So....I just bought the same HMMWV jack and AO adapter, but there is no room on the driver's end of the front axle for the adaptor because it is too wide. As a result, I can't use it to lift the front driver's side wheel. I assume you've noticed this as well, so how are you lifting that corner of the Jeep?
Sponsored