Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I bought the underseat mount. Haven't installed yet, but did assemble it. That took a while.
Sponsored

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Let me get off work I’ll snag a few photos for you, for the price they’re decent. I wanna replace them with paramount again later because of some small fitmejt issues eventually.
you on IG?

WannFly

First Name
Priyo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4Xe - ordered, 2019 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber security

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
@sardogtella + @kharland17

You guys that are running the Grimm mount, is it attached to something at both ends or does it just cantilever off the firewall?

I was down to the DV8 mount and the Grimm mount and I am leaning really hard towards the Grimm because it has a heat shield the switch/outlet location is very nice.

Thanks for your thoughts!

sardogtella

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR. 2021 JLURXR

You guys that are running the Grimm mount, is it attached to something at both ends or does it just cantilever off the firewall?

I was down to the DV8 mount and the Grimm mount and I am leaning really hard towards the Grimm because it has a heat shield the switch/outlet location is very nice.

The grimm mounts to the firewall and to the master brake cylinder. I am very happy with it. Take a look at the Trail Recon video for a step by step install tutorial.

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The grimm mounts to the firewall and to the master brake cylinder. I am very happy with it. Take a look at the Trail Recon video for a step by step install tutorial.
Thanks for this. I could not tell if both ends were connected, but now that you have confirmed it, I am going with the Grimm mount. I will take a look at the Trail Recon video.

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist

I installed the Grimm mount and ARB twin compressor about a year ago and very happy with the setup. Northridge 4x4 has a good install video too. Just order some extra fender clips first.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Grimm mount and ARB twin compressor about a year ago and very happy with the setup. Northridge 4x4 has a good install video too. Just order some extra fender clips first.
Yep, I have a 20 pack. I'm waiting on my XR fender extensions to come in and I'm changing both batteries, installing the ARB, and the extensions all at the same time. Thanks for the info!

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
Thanks for the link, I think i’m leaning towards the grimm fender bracket due to it having the heat shield. Small question, does it have any issues with fender liner clearance? Running paramount fender flares which look to be just like OEM.
Fits great with the factory liners, as mentioned by another, it does have problems with some of the high clearance liners.

Attached to the firewall and the lower master cylinder bolt. It's very sturdy, we've got a couple Jeeps with the set-up that have a couple years on them and they are still rock solid.

We've done a couple Grimm/ARB Twin install videos:

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
Anyone know if the Grimm mounting kit works with Artec Industries inner fender liners?

Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I bought the underseat mount. Haven't installed yet, but did assemble it. That took a while.
Assembly of the bracket, wiring and mounting of the compressor to the ARB undersearlt bracket too as long, or longer than actually installing in the jeep.

Hardest part installing in the jeep was deciding which AUX wire to tie in the switch.

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
Assembly of the bracket, wiring and mounting of the compressor to the ARB undersearlt bracket too as long, or longer than actually installing in the jeep.

Hardest part installing in the jeep was deciding which AUX wire to tie in the switch.

Did you use AUX 4? I've seen a lot of people using 4. I'll be installing mine next week/weekend.

sardogtella

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR. 2021 JLURXR
Anyone know if the Grimm mounting kit works with Artec Industries inner fender liners?
The Grimm website notes capability with Evo and stock only. I went with the Evo fender liners and like the way they look. Bare metal though so I painted them black. Installation of the Grimm mount was quite easy.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Did you use AUX 4? I've seen a lot of people using 4. I'll be installing mine next week/weekend.
Actually I tied in the switch and switch illumination to the Ignition aux wire under dash. I use aux 4 for rear lights in the bumper (and eventually roof rack lights).

I wired the compressor directly to the 2nd battery (Genesis Dual Battery system) , and I wired the winch the same way ( but used Aux 1 for the winch cutoff solenoid).

Since I've discussed 1 and 4, I'll go ahead and tell ya, 3 is backlighting for my Rigid 360s and 2 is actual light illumination for my 360s.

I'm out of Aux options, so I'm done adding stuff!
Sponsored