Krazyk86cu

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Raptor SCrew, 2013 Boxster S, 2004 Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, agree! But I am still not absolutely sure I will be doing that. Wanted to keep my options open.
Gotcha, I have the portable one have been using it up until this point. It’s worked great for filling up my 37s. Now I’ll probably just keep it in my truck since I have the OBA in the Jeep.
Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

The Varozza 4X4 kit looks really clean. Is anyone running that one that could provide more pics and install notes?

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

The Varozza 4X4 kit looks really clean. Is anyone running that one that could provide more pics and install notes?
Scratch that, just picked up my 2021 V6 with eTorque... No way it is fitting into that spot as there is a cooler and another tank for the rear battery... Crap!

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
so hopefully one more question lol. i finally got my arb twin today, and have read all 33 pages of this thread. i have the ARB under seat bracket, and per this thread, plan to run the power wires thru the fire wall up to the battery. The way i understand is, purple wire goes to the aux switches ? Does using this eliminate the need for the ARB power switch ? or can / should both be used. Also, which aux switch is the proper one to use, all of mine are empty. i see some say aux 1 some aux 3 or 4. Im not doing lockers or a power tank right now, but i suppose if i left all the wiring in tact i could do so later ?
thank you everyone for your responses so far.

Sponsored

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
so hopefully one more question lol. i finally got my arb twin today, and have read all 33 pages of this thread. i have the ARB under seat bracket, and per this thread, plan to run the power wires thru the fire wall up to the battery. The way i understand is, purple wire goes to the aux switches ? Does using this eliminate the need for the ARB power switch ? or can / should both be used. Also, which aux switch is the proper one to use, all of mine are empty. i see some say aux 1 some aux 3 or 4. Im not doing lockers or a power tank right now, but i suppose if i left all the wiring in tact i could do so later ?
I used the MORE bracket in the back but it should be similar. The purple wire is low amp and can go to any of the aux switches or you can connect it to the ARB power switch.

You can always rewire it later if your requirements change. You can always purchase (or make) a new wiring harness if needed.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I went with American Adventure Lab and added their fuse panel and air chuck mounting solution. They are neat people and they build quality stuff.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor 4A4D8A84-FF4D-4F6C-9836-466C5E091FB2

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
I went with American Adventure Lab and added their fuse panel and air chuck mounting solution. They are neat people and they build quality stuff.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor 4A4D8A84-FF4D-4F6C-9836-466C5E091FB2
Have a soft top and run it down as much as possible. Therefore did the arb under seat bracket. Just want to clarify some wiring things.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Yeah, pretty much what Cram501 said. The compressor actually has it's own built in relay. The purple wire just turns it on. That being said, pretty much any 12V+ source will work to activate it. Amperage really doesn't matter in this case. I had originally planned to use an Aux switch when I started doing the wiring for mine, but then my install lent itself to using the ARB switch. So, my ARB switch ended up hooked up to an Aux switch. Pain in the butt to have to turn on both switches, and its really a waste of an Aux switch for me. I'll be wiring my ARB switch to the ignition switched lead next time I have the kick panel off.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I used the same mount as you. I used Aux switch 4 (lower right) but you can use any of them and no you do not need the ARB switch. It works great and has for years.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I used the MORE bracket in the back but it should be similar. The purple wire is low amp and can go to any of the aux switches or you can connect it to the ARB power switch.

You can always rewire it later if your requirements change. You can always purchase (or make) a new wiring harness if needed.
I also used the MORE cargo area mount, and am going to use the ARB switch above the compressor. I got a harness extension for the main battery hookup, which will be routed under the carpeting and trim, and through the firewall to the main battery. Its the smaller gauge wiring that I'm a bit stumped on. I don't need the switch to be illuminated and I'm not running air lockers. I do have the aux switches from the factory, and was wondering if I can just simply hook the ARB switch to the hot with ignition wire in the aux bundle in the passenger footwell area? Any help with the small wires would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I also used the MORE cargo area mount, and am going to use the ARB switch above the compressor. I got a harness extension for the main battery hookup, which will be routed under the carpeting and trim, and through the firewall to the main battery. Its the smaller gauge wiring that I'm a bit stumped on. I don't need the switch to be illuminated and I'm not running air lockers. I do have the aux switches from the factory, and was wondering if I can just simply hook the ARB switch to the hot with ignition wire in the aux bundle in the passenger footwell area? Any help with the small wires would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
The switch controls a relay, so yes. If you are running the power wires to the battery anyway though, there are aux switch wires outboard of the battery tray you could use. A question though, why not use an aux switch (say 3 or 4 because you dont need to use the 40 amp ones) and not even use the ARB switch?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The switch controls a relay, so yes. If you are running the power wires to the battery anyway though, there are aux switch wires outboard of the battery tray you could use. A question though, why not use an aux switch (say 3 or 4 because you dont need to use the 40 amp ones) and not even use the ARB switch?
I'm planning on rock lights on one of the smaller aux switches and one of those power interrupt solenoids for a winch to be triggered from the other. Both larger aux switches will be for lights. I plan on night wheeling, so will be installing a pair of squadron pros on each a-pillar (spots on the inboard and floods on the outboard for ditch/flank illumination) and a pair of amber lights both above and below my bull bar. Still deciding between xl80's and xp4's.

Figured I'd take advantage of arb's switch and the MORE's built in switch location, and keep it all in one space. No need to have control of the compressor from the drivers seat, and those 2 extra interior hot leads in the passenger foot well would otherwise go unused. Plus, it saves one less harness from having to go through the firewall.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm planning on rock lights on one of the smaller aux switches and one of those power interrupt solenoids for a winch to be triggered from the other. Both larger aux switches will be for lights. I plan on night wheeling, so will be installing a pair of squadron pros on each a-pillar (spots on the inboard and floods on the outboard for ditch/flank illumination) and a pair of amber lights both above and below my bull bar. Still deciding between xl80's and xp4's.

Figured I'd take advantage of arb's switch and the MORE's built in switch location, and keep it all in one space. No need to have control of the compressor from the drivers seat, and those 2 extra interior hot leads in the passenger foot well would otherwise go unused. Plus, it saves one less harness from having to go through the firewall.
Nice that you have a plan.

I started with the air compressor when I got my JL. Added some KC rzr lights (switch 3&4) then a HAM radio (switch 1). Switch 2 still vacant.....

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

If I were to re-do the wiring I would:

1) Use the ignition power wire in the passenger foot well, versus one of the AUX.

2) Would use the ARB switch to turn on/off.

Right now I can reach the aux no problem as compressor is under a seat but a waste of an aux.
Sponsored