Krazyk86cu

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Raptor SCrew, 2013 Boxster S, 2004 Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
what is this connection? looks like something that I have been looking for.
So the instructions do a very poor job explaining the parts you will need for installing WITHOUT the manifold for air lockers. You will need:

1) part # 0740201 [1pk 0.3 meter hose]
2) part # 0740101 [2pk 1/4NPT male - JIC4 male]
3) part # 0740104 [2pk JIC4 male-female elbow]

I ordered everything from NR4x4.
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
So the instructions do a very poor job explaining the parts you will need for installing WITHOUT the manifold for air lockers. You will need:

1) part # 0740201 [10.3 meter hose]
2) part # 0740101 [2pk 1/4NPT male - JIC4 male]
3) part # 0740101 [2pk JIC4 male-female elbow]

I ordered everything from NR4x4.
FYI - I think I see teflon tape on the flare fitting. You should not need teflon tape on a flare fitting as they are a interference seal.

Krazyk86cu

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
FYI - I think I see teflon tape on the flare fitting. You should not need teflon tape on a flare fitting as they are a interference seal.
I definitely Teflon taped everything. Lol. Should I undo it on the flared fittings? Or was it just not needed?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I definitely Teflon taped everything. Lol. Should I undo it on the flared fittings? Or was it just not needed?
It likely has compressed evenly and not an issue, but if not a hassle should remove it.

Flare fittings are always mated clean and dry. Just inspect them to make sure no gouges or such on the contact areas.

Krazyk86cu

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It likely has compressed evenly and not an issue, but if not a hassle should remove it.

Flare fittings are always mated clean and dry. Just inspect them to make sure no gouges or such on the contact areas.
I’m going to need to pull the compressor to replace the connector once it comes in the mail. I’ll just remove it then. So basically any of the JIC4 connections?

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I’m going to need to pull the compressor to replace the connector once it comes in the mail. I’ll just remove it then. So basically any of the JIC4 connections?
Just the flares, the pipe thread still needs teflon or pipe seal.

Krazyk86cu

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just the flares, the pipe thread still needs teflon or pipe seal.
Thanks! Any idea what I should be torquing the seat bolts to? Everything I could find listed the front seat bolts as 37ft-lb and the “front seat back” bolts as 50 ft-lb. Not sure if I should take that to mean the 2 bolts up front are different from the 2 rear bolts or if it is referring to some bolts that are in the seat back. Ideas?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Thanks! Any idea what I should be torquing the seat bolts to? Everything I could find listed the front seat bolts as 37ft-lb and the “front seat back” bolts as 50 ft-lb. Not sure if I should take that to mean the 2 bolts up front are different from the 2 rear bolts or if it is referring to some bolts that are in the seat back. Ideas?
Depends on how much you love your passenger ;)

But in all honesty I torque them until they are snug, and then 1/2 turn.

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This is a solution I have been working on. What do you guys think? 1/8" aluminum, heat shield on bottom. 3 different options for setting up the rocker switch, air chuck and filters. Production starts next week.

air-chucks-front.jpg

compressor-only.jpg

filters-front.jpg

heat-shield.jpg

switch-filters-fender2.jpg
Any idea when this will come out in production and if it will work with the Genesis dual battery kit?

Go4Low

First Name
Jorel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Would like to have this kit aswell

Sponsored

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m hoping the under hood mount will work with the Genesis kit. My only issue with the under the seat is having the door open to air up the tires. I’m sure I could run an air line from inside the cab to the outside but... I want to be lazy

WhitneyWillys

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys
I just ordered the CKMP12 Portable "single" ARB compressor. I was hoping the compressor itself will be the smallest of the lot so that I could in theory remove it from the hard case and mount it under the JL hood. Has anyone every managed it?

Krazyk86cu

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the CKMP12 Portable "single" ARB compressor. I was hoping the compressor itself will be the smallest of the lot so that I could in theory remove it from the hard case and mount it under the JL hood. Has anyone every managed it?
You could have just ordered the single compressor and mounted it where the engine cover goes

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I’m hoping the under hood mount will work with the Genesis kit. My only issue with the under the seat is having the door open to air up the tires. I’m sure I could run an air line from inside the cab to the outside but... I want to be lazy
Just run it out the drain grommet that is right there - then you get the best of all worlds.

I was wheeling a week ago with a guy with the ARB under his hood on a JL. He had issues filling his 37's due to compressor cutting out and low performance due to heat. It was not even hot out.

My under seat was a 3.5 minute fill from 15psi to 33psi on my 35's.

Mounting the compressor where it keeps cool is the more important thing you can do for performance. A single ARB kept cool will outperform a dual that is in a high temp location.
Sponsored