willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

Need your help here. About a month ago I replaced the stock turn signal lights with OEM LED turn signal lights. Immediately I started getting an error message ”Turn Signal Lights Out” in a few seconds after I turned on the car, and then would turn off. After searching this thread for a bit I found the possible solution, the Tazer Mini JL. I bought one and installed it today. It “fixed” that problem, in that it does not come on after a few seconds anymore. Now it comes on EVERY time I use the turn signals, and not just once, constantly every 3 seconds! Any suggestions? Thanks!
This is a known problem, well documented on the forums. The dealer cannot and will not fix this for your. Using a device such as a Tazer JL lets you set the turn indicators to LED, and you are good to go. Someone on the forums did some digging, and there is a difference in the wiring harness between the models that come from the factory with the halogen indicators and the LED indicators. FCA has not done a good job at communicating this.
Sponsored

znakos

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
This is a known problem, well documented on the forums. The dealer cannot and will not fix this for your. Using a device such as a Tazer JL lets you set the turn indicators to LED, and you are good to go. Someone on the forums did some digging, and there is a difference in the wiring harness between the models that come from the factory with the halogen indicators and the LED indicators. FCA has not done a good job at communicating this.
I have a similar problem and please forgive me if this is covered on here already. I replaced my halogen headlights only with the Mopar Leds with halos. I did not touch the wiring as it was good to go since I have a 2020. Dealer flashed it and all was good. A few miles of driving and my left turn signal out light came on. Then my right. I tried disconnecting the battery and then it went away but now is back with the right turn signal out. Again, I did not install the LED parking lamps, just the Mopar LED headlights. I called the dealer and asked if they also flashed for the LED parking lamps and they claim no. I believe they did and don't realize it, and it is causing my system to think it should have the LED parking lamps. My turn lights work but whichever turn signal light the system says is out flickers fast on the dash. Anyone have any feedback on this?

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

I have a similar problem and please forgive me if this is covered on here already. I replaced my halogen headlights only with the Mopar Leds with halos. I did not touch the wiring as it was good to go since I have a 2020. Dealer flashed it and all was good. A few miles of driving and my left turn signal out light came on. Then my right. I tried disconnecting the battery and then it went away but now is back with the right turn signal out. Again, I did not install the LED parking lamps, just the Mopar LED headlights. I called the dealer and asked if they also flashed for the LED parking lamps and they claim no. I believe they did and don't realize it, and it is causing my system to think it should have the LED parking lamps. My turn lights work but whichever turn signal light the system says is out flickers fast on the dash. Anyone have any feedback on this?
I would have the dealer look at it. Did they install your LED headlights? The LED headlight kit from Mopar has wiring, as the harness requires modification. I don't know about the 2020, but Jeep seems to do a custom wiring harness for the specific Jeep wiring config from the factory.

From what I understand, the Tazer JL actually surpreses an error code in order for the LED turn signals to work. If you have LED turn signals from the factory, the wiring is actually different than if you do not. The lights appear plug and play, but the destinations on the pinout are different. It isn't as simple as a just a setting on the FCA side to enable or disable the LED turn signals.

znakos

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would have the dealer look at it. Did they install your LED headlights? The LED headlight kit from Mopar has wiring, as the harness requires modification. I don't know about the 2020, but Jeep seems to do a custom wiring harness for the specific Jeep wiring config from the factory.

From what I understand, the Tazer JL actually surpreses an error code in order for the LED turn signals to work. If you have LED turn signals from the factory, the wiring is actually different than if you do not. The lights appear plug and play, but the destinations on the pinout are different. It isn't as simple as a just a setting on the FCA side to enable or disable the LED turn signals.
I did the install. I actually wasted my time running the supplied wiring harness for the Mopar LED headlights to find out after that my 2020 came with the wiring. It goes into a different pin configuration than the 5+7 cavities though. From what I've been told the headlights are completely separate than the LED parking lamps/turn signals.

It doesnt make much sense for me to be getting a turn signal out light unless the system is programmed for the LED parking lamps, and there clearly isn't any power going into the cavities for the LED parking lamp inputs.

Leftwork

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JlU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

That’s the weird part. I’ve heard about the Tazer fixing that too. Unfortunately, it didn’t for me. Tazer in, still getting errors.

Sponsored

DayJ

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL392XR
I did the install. I actually wasted my time running the supplied wiring harness for the Mopar LED headlights to find out after that my 2020 came with the wiring. It goes into a different pin configuration than the 5+7 cavities though. From what I've been told the headlights are completely separate than the LED parking lamps/turn signals.

It doesnt make much sense for me to be getting a turn signal out light unless the system is programmed for the LED parking lamps, and there clearly isn't any power going into the cavities for the LED parking lamp inputs.
So pro tip. Check to see if the extra wires are there before ripping off the fender. Doing mine today. lol

znakos

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So pro tip. Check to see if the extra wires are there before ripping off the fender. Doing mine today. lol
If the provided wires are there the headlight install is a breeze.

DayJ

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL392XR
If the provided wires are there the headlight install is a breeze.
My extra wire was there... Just plug and play, shes at the dealer now getting a new steering box and a flash... I'll let yall know...

20201010_090932.jpg

20201010_091208.jpg

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
what year is your jeep? Mine is a 2021 and has the extra wire but the delaer could not flash it. Headlights worked but no halos. Dealer could flash 2020 and before but no code for 2021.

DayJ

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL392XR
what year is your jeep? Mine is a 2021 and has the extra wire but the delaer could not flash it. Headlights worked but no halos. Dealer could flash 2020 and before but no code for 2021.
2020 here

Sponsored

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OK - thanks -- my dealer still has no answers. I'v decided to try the "fix" using the harness set up from Headlight Haven

Yovwmon

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Altitude
Update: The Jeep was back at the dealer today and the passenger side headlamp was diagnosed with a bad ballist. It’s being swapped under warranty. Also learned that the Mopar wiring harness is no longer on back order and I have one on the way for install next week.

I’m still looking for answers on the questions quoted here:
I had the Jeep flashed today and nothing changed:
- Low beams are operating normally, but passenger side occasionally flickers and sometimes shuts off completely after flashing the high beams. Vehicle requires restart for the passenger side to come back on.

- High beams light up distant but nothing immediately in front of the vehicle as the LEDs that point back into the reflector lens turn off completely when the brights are turned on. Only the projectors work when the brights are on.

- Halos are non functional as I have not ran the additional wire and do not intend to do so until spring 2021.

I’m wondering if anyone else has had the flash without running the additional wire for the halos and what the results were?

DayJ

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL392XR
I ment to update as well. The flash on my 2020 with the preinstalled wire went off with no problem. So a 10 min install.

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OK - thanks -- my dealer still has no answers. I'v decided to try the "fix" using the harness set up from Headlight Haven
Just got my Willys back with the Mopar LED headlights finally installed. Per above, I gave up on the dealer and FCA giving me any info to make them work so I went with the harness from Headlight Haven. Everything is working including halos. Was basically replace the headlights and then plug and play. No Tazer, no "flash" from the dealer. Only odd thing is the brights only work if the engine is running. My shop kept the halogens, which I would have never used or got around to selling, and charged me nothing for the install.

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Only odd thing is the brights only work if the engine is running. My shop kept the halogens, which I would have never used or got around to selling, and charged me nothing for the install.
The vehicle supplies different power settings to the headlights depending on if you have them set to halogen or LED. I'd strongly recommend you get the vehicle flashed (either dealer or aftermarket programmer) to set the proper setting. You may be unintentionally damaging your lights by not supplying the power they need.
Sponsored