Not open for further replies.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
I sure wouldn’t mind a nice, low mileage Mercury Marauder as a daily driver. Not a fan of transverse mounted engine, front wheel drive eggs.
We are using the caprice now which has a 6.0 v8 and is rwd. Not horrible, but I hate the seating position and lack of room inside.
Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
We are using the caprice now which has a 6.0 v8 and is rwd. Not horrible, but I hate the seating position and lack of room inside.
Oh, capable cruiser. But yeah, getting in and out and sitting in a smaller car over a 12 hour shift with that duty belt on can’t be fun. Thank you for your service and stay safe.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
I think Moab missed there slot, for me I’d like to have seen it be offered above the rubicon with v8 and 2” higher with 35s from factory with Dana 60 axles the ability maybe 4 wheel drive system that’s on the hummer etc... if your going to make a specialty wrangler, make one. I know it would cost a lot more money, but I think it would be more justifiable. :)
Ya perfect for Jeep, look how long Hummers lasted?? lol

Love em all, order what ya want, need!

Go Jeep!!!

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
I really like the moab rims, wish they were an option on the saharas. Besides that the rubicon and moab do nothing for me. I don't really like overstated tires or lifts and fake hood scoops annoy me. So the sahara was for me. But different strokes, more options the better.
If it makes you feel any better, the ***EDIT***Rubicon*** rims are incredibly flimsy/thin. You can probably pick a set up used on the cheap, but they really are designed to look cool and give Jeep the lightest tire/wheel combo they could to help with MPG, but are frankly a pretty poor option for an offroad wheel.

Last edited:

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
I think Moab missed there slot, for me I’d like to have seen it be offered above the rubicon with v8 and 2” higher with 35s from factory with Dana 60 axles the ability maybe 4 wheel drive system that’s on the hummer etc... if your going to make a specialty wrangler, make one. I know it would cost a lot more money, but I think it would be more justifiable. :)
The main reason this isn't done is not b/c they wouldn't sell. I think we all know they would in a limited edition. The reason FCA does is; they can't pass EPA standards for MGP to weight ratio for this size vehicle and class.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The main reason this isn't done is not b/c they wouldn't sell. I think we all know they would in a limited edition. The reason FCA does is; they can't pass EPA standards for MGP to weight ratio for this size vehicle and class.
:swear: Stupid nannies!

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
If it makes you feel any better, the Moab rims are incredibly flimsy/thin. You can probably pick a set up used on the cheap, but they really are designed to look cool and give Jeep the lightest tire/wheel combo they could to help with MPG, but are frankly a pretty poor option for an offroad wheel.

Really, i thought they were just rubicon rims blacked out. Are they different?

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really, i thought they were just rubicon rims blacked out. Are they different?
Apologies. I wrote MOAB but meant Rubicon rims. The Rubi rims are garbage. Don't know about the MOAB edition ones.

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
When I priced out the MOAB it fell between the Rubicon and Sahara price wise when equipped as similar as possible. I think the extra parts alone on the Rubicon justify its price, but not everyone needs a Rubicon. I see an advantage for daily drivers in having select track and the Saraha drive train and for once the MOAB makes for an awesome Saraha special edition. I detest all the Jeep special editions where they change the wheels and add stickers. The MOAB is indeed a special edition.

So Jeep, why not a real (mild) special edition Rubi??? 2" factory lift, 35" tires with 37" optional, factory off road lights, upgraded spare tire carrier. Modified bumpers to carry equipment. And yes, perhaps a hemi? There is a market for it. Perhaps a very large and profitable market, especially if Jeep is already making the parts.

Sponsored

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey come on, I'm trying to sell mine here. PLS DELETE
Same thing here. It will be obvious the minute someone comes to pick them up. They are light though...which may be exactly what the purchaser is looking for. ;)

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Are the rubi rims prone to offroad damage due to the lightweight material or something? If your not going offroad lighter the better for less rotational mass = better gas mileage and acceleration.

Closest thing to offroad i will get is the curb at the end of my driveway.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are the rubi rims prone to offroad damage due to the lightweight material or something? If your not going offroad lighter the better for less rotational mass = better gas mileage and acceleration.

Closest thing to offroad i will get is the curb at the end of my driveway.
You should be fine then. I can't say that most people will ever have a problem. I just know from seeing them without tires mounted (had the BFG's removed and mounted them on my 4Runner's beadlocks) that they are VERY thin aluminum. They aren't forged.....they are cast which means if you're out wheeling trails that have even 8" tall rocks that you're likely to crack them. Since cast can't be trail repaired, that's a bad combination, but as you said....you want less unsprung weight for better braking, acceleration, gas mileage, etc. I understand why Jeep did it....but it doesn't really fit well with a vehicle that's touted as being offroad ready.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Why would the Moab be more capable than the Rubicon? Have you ever been to Moab? it's not hard. They drove a stock Kia up Hells Gate. You couldnt take a stock Kia anywhere on the Rubicon trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.