XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
If it makes you feel any better, the ***EDIT***Rubicon*** rims are incredibly flimsy/thin. You can probably pick a set up used on the cheap, but they really are designed to look cool and give Jeep the lightest tire/wheel combo they could to help with MPG, but are frankly a pretty poor option for an offroad wheel.
Very true . Idk i guess engeneers needed to
Balance manufacturing capcity as forging takes longer. Good thing is if you break they are almost giving them away on the FS section of this forum ...

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Why would the Moab be more capable than the Rubicon? Have you ever been to Moab? it's not hard. They drove a stock Kia up Hells Gate. You couldnt take a stock Kia anywhere on the Rubicon trail.
Never been to Area BFE I take it.

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to say the MOAB will be the builders edition in a few years. Due to not being a Rubicon it will be perfect for that guy that plans to swap out the axles for some pro rock 44 or 60's and save a little money. A Rubicon is going to have a higher resale so this model may just be that one that get searched for the most by those builders that buy used. From what I have seen the MOAB is just about as expensive as a Rubicon so resale may be something that determines the better purchase in the end.

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I'm going to say the MOAB will be the builders edition in a few years. Due to not being a Rubicon it will be perfect for that guy that plans to swap out the axles for some pro rock 44 or 60's and save a little money. A Rubicon is going to have a higher resale so this model may just be that one that get searched for the most by those builders that buy used. From what I have seen the MOAB is just about as expensive as a Rubicon so resale may be something that determines the better purchase in the end.
Possibly a good assessment, just depends on the market. I'm no expert on the topic, but it's possible that there are a large number of people out there that appreciate the "nostalgia" of a Wrangler but would prefer something that's a little more "refined" and has some "creature-comforts" and "luxury" features. I am probably one of those individuals (although I do have light/moderate off-roading aspirations), so I suppose it kind of depends on how many more like me are out there.

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
"refined" and has some "creature-comforts" and "luxury" features - Jeep Wrangler

These are great days we're living in

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
"refined" and has some "creature-comforts" and "luxury" features - Jeep Wrangler

These are great days we're living in
"Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it" - Publilius Syrus, 1st century BC.

Designers of the original Jeep are probably rolling over in their graves at this point! Or just laughing their a$$es off!!!

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Ya, maybe the rest of us just aren't doing it right.

He's doing it for a lot less money. Guess that's what skill does for you. ;)
Still had to fast forward so much to get to the decent part. It's like watching football, 3 hour game with only 10 minutes of action

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Still had to fast forward so much to get to the decent part. It's like watching football, 3 hour game with only 10 minutes of action
Ya, for the kind of person that likes to spectate rather than actually participate, it's probably not exciting enough. Forgot my audience. ;)

Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Lol I don't do think a Sahara drives any different than a Rubicon..

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
Is everyone going to get this worked up when the “freedom edition”, “Oscar Mike edition” or the next “call of duty edition” comes out? How about another “dragon edition”? Can’t wait for the triggering to continue...

E317B88A-01FE-4648-BE60-C384D0CFBEFD.jpeg

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I guess me and my JLU Sport will stay out of this discussion LOL

When I’m done with it, it’ll hang with the best and I’m not ever going to remove my Sport decals either. So take that!

#Basicon

Status
Not open for further replies.