tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
if possible could i have more details? what size spacers? which 2.5 enforcer kit and why?

I need some advice on my MOAB
I am thinking of going to 35" tires, I know i want to re-gear to 456's. I don't have any plans of going any bigger.
Do I need to put in a lift? I was thinking 2 1/2 but dont know which one. Also will can i put 35"s on my stock rims? If I get 35/125/17 will I need wheel spacers
The only reason you would need wheel spacers is if you run your factory MOAB wheels with 315s / 35s on them (spidertrax spacers).

If you want to just do the basics, enough to run your 35s but not looking to improve ride quality than just get a leveling kit from pretty much any company that provides one, for example I ran Teraflex ST1 spacer lift but I did upgrade my shocks to Fox 2-3 inch lift shocks. I did that because I was looking for a plusher ride and shocks helped tremendously. Later I discovered Evo plush springs and got those and the ride was became exactly what I wanted.
Sponsored

Last edited:

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Damn, just discovering this a few years late - I love my Sahara Altitude but it looks like Moab would have given me all the things I didn't get (steel bumper, that sick Rubi hood, and Rubi tires).

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Damn, just discovering this a few years late - I love my Sahara Altitude but it looks like Moab would have given me all the things I didn't get (steel bumper, that sick Rubi hood, and Rubi tires).
Yep, I think you are in the same boat with a lot of Jeep owners. The MOAB apparently wasn't marketed very well. While it is not a complete Rubicon, it seems to be a great mix for those that want a very capable 4x4 that also has street manners and a high end trim level. This is great for people like me that do 95 percent of their driving on the street, yet it has the capability when needed to handle snow, mud and 4x4 only roads.

I consider myself lucky to have stumbled upon the MOAB. When I did, KBB had it listed as the top of the line Wrangler. Not sure how accurate that is, but they certainly were priced as such. The more I looked, the more I realized it was a prefect blend between the Sahara and the Rubicon.

Obviously any Jeep can be configured just how you want it, but the MOAB is a great starting platform. Especially with its LSD and transfer case which allows all wheel drive. Perfect for driving up to the snow.

Last edited:

TX MOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 MOAB
Yep, I think you are in the same boat with a lot of Jeep owners. The MOAB apparently wasn't marketed very well. While it is not a complete Rubicon, it seems to be a great mix for those that want a very capable 4x4 that also has street manners and a high end trim level. This is great for people like me that do 95 percent of their driving on the street, yet it has the capability when needed to handle snow, mud and 4x4 only roads.

I consider myself lucky to have stumbled upon the MOAB. When I did, KBB had it listed as the top of the line Wrangler. Not sure how accurate that is, but they certainly were priced as such. The more I looked, the more I realized it was a prefect blend between the Sahara and the Rubicon.

Obviously any Jeep can be configured just how you want it, but the MOAB is a great starting platform. Especially with its LSD and transfer case which allows all wheel drive. Perfect for driving up to the snow.
Took all that ribbing when they were being sold … but now look at us!

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Took all that ribbing when they were being sold … but now look at us!
That's usually how it works out... Perhaps most people just didn't know about the usefulness of the MOAB's LSD/Select Trac/ all wheel drivetrain.

Since I didn't need a "Rubicon only" JL (I already have a very capable 2006 TJ) the MOAB was a perfect fit. I think it has proven to be the best of both worlds. Win~Win.

Sponsored

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
That's usually how it works out... Perhaps most people just didn't know about the usefulness of the MOAB's LSD/Select Trac/ all wheel drivetrain.

Since I didn't need a "Rubicon only" JL (I already have a very capable 2006 TJ) the MOAB was a perfect fit. I think it has proven to be the best of both worlds. Win~Win.
Not only a “win-win,” but given its uniqueness and extremely low production numbers, I believe it will stay atop the heap for value and resale and, as Wranglers go, it may well become one of the most desirable used vehicles down the road (pun always intended). As one scans the Forum, it is somewhat (but not really) surprising to see the number of members who now “get” the MOAB and regret not buying one when whey were available. And look at the pricing of used MOABs online (assuming you can find one).

Like you, I have a TJ that does my off-roading for the most part, but living in Wisconsin, the MOAB capabilities in the snow (and the occasional unpaved road) and the comfort level it provides are highly appreciated. No regrets; I would buy the MOAB again today in a heartbeat.

Jeep Wrangler JL MOAB Edition JL Club Thread 96ACAC70-C4E3-4C0D-8291-7E66459805AC

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
Not only a “win-win,” but given its uniqueness and extremely low production numbers, I believe it will stay atop the heap for value and resale and, as Wranglers go, it may well become one of the most desirable used vehicles down the road (pun always intended). As one scans the Forum, it is somewhat (but not really) surprising to see the number of members who now “get” the MOAB and regret not buying one when whey were available. And look at the pricing of used MOABs online (assuming you can find one).

Like you, I have a TJ that does my off-roading for the most part, but living in Wisconsin, the MOAB capabilities in the snow (and the occasional unpaved road) and the comfort level it provides are highly appreciated. No regrets; I would buy the MOAB again today in a heartbeat.

To your point: I did a quick search on Cars.com and there are 186 2019 (my year) Moabs nationwide. All but a few are priced at over $50k. More than I paid for mine straight off the factory floor.

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
Oh, and BTW. Carvana's offer yesterday was $44k.

Not that I'm considering selling. Just curious.

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
To your point: I did a quick search on Cars.com and there are 186 2019 (my year) Moabs nationwide. All but a few are priced at over $50k. More than I paid for mine straight off the factory floor.
On one hand surprising to see that many, but on the other hand, people are taking advantage of these unprecedented used vehicle values and dumping now to not only get their money out, but make a profit. Then turn around and order a new Wrangler. Essentially driving free since they bought and then some.

My MOAB had an MSRP just under $54k; paid just over $42k during the early days of the pandemic. Figure I, too, could sell for well over $50k based on what I have seen, but also have no intention to do so. Can’t replace it with a new MOAB and can’t get Mojito. Besides, I have it exactly as I want it (okay, so I still have a few more things on my “to do” list for it).

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
On one hand surprising to see that many, but on the other hand, people are taking advantage of these unprecedented used vehicle values and dumping now to not only get their money out, but make a profit. Then turn around and order a new Wrangler. Essentially driving free since they bought and then some.

My MOAB had an MSRP just under $54k; paid just over $42k during the early days of the pandemic. Figure I, too, could sell for well over $50k based on what I have seen, but also have no intention to do so. Can’t replace it with a new MOAB and can’t get Mojito. Besides, I have it exactly as I want it (okay, so I still have a few more things on my “to do” list for it).

Pretty much the same here. The only thing that tempts me is a Tesla but I just love my Jeep too much to part. I don't plan to ever get rid of it. Maybe get the Tesla after the Jeep is paid for.

Sponsored

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL MOAB Edition JL Club Thread 8DE7D014-4779-4A05-ACCB-81A29A6DC236

top as of today. Recently added RSE steps and rocker guard, AAL Fender Chop Kit, Artec Front / Rear Inner Fender Liners.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Jeep Wrangler JL MOAB Edition JL Club Thread 8DE7D014-4779-4A05-ACCB-81A29A6DC236

top as of today. Recently added RSE steps and rocker guard, AAL Fender Chop Kit, Artec Front / Rear Inner Fender Liners.
Hold-up, wait a minute... did you chop your stock fenders, or are these aftermarket fenders ?

I tried to find a ''kit'' to chop my stockers, but havent found anything... Everything I came upon were designed to be used with the rubicons wider flares.

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase