MOAB Edition JL Club Thread

marek

First Name
Marek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Jeep Wrangler Moab 03 Mercedes SL 500
Looks Great! How do you like your winch set up?
HaHa. It’s among the best money can buy. I like that it’s there, it definitely looks cool, but as far as functionality, I don’t know. Didn’t get stuck yet.
Sponsored

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
HaHa. It’s among the best money can buy. I like that it’s there, it definitely looks cool, but as far as functionality, I don’t know. Didn’t get stuck yet.
The reason I asked is I bought the same one (Warn 10S evo). I'm in the middle of the install-about to drop the winch in-so far it has gone fairly well, however it is very snug-as I went with the MOPAR winch plate. I imagine they are all this way. It looks like the the wiring and routing is going to be a bit of a challenge as well. Anyway your finished product looks great.

marek

First Name
Marek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Jeep Wrangler Moab 03 Mercedes SL 500
The reason I asked is I bought the same one (Warn 10S evo). I'm in the middle of the install-about to drop the winch in-so far it has gone fairly well, however it is very snug-as I went with the MOPAR winch plate. I imagine they are all this way. It looks like the the wiring and routing is going to be a bit of a challenge as well. Anyway your finished product looks great.
Yes it was a very tight fit in my case also, but at the end it sure fits in. Also routing the wires didn’t end up being too complicated also.
Good luck with your install

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
Having the Ridge Grappler 315/70 R17s mounted on stock Moab wheels this weekend. Anyone have issues with this size fitting on the spare tire carrier?

Sponsored

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Nitto’s run a little larger but I think you should be fine. Maybe someone that has Nitto’s could chime in.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
I got another question to Moab owners, especially those of you that modify them. What is your reason for running the full bumper rather than stubby it, since it's so easy ???

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
I stripped out one of the fastener heads trying to get the ends off while on the trail. Haven't gotten around to tackling that yet.

Afboone

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler MOAB
Hi everyone! New to Wrangler world. Just picked up my JL. It's a 2019 MOAB. I already put 285s on it, Lund Steps ( I believe someone on here did this--thanks for idea), hood locks, and Amsoil in the engine. Near future I'm going to install a 2.5 Skyjacker lift with new LCAs, front and rear.
It's my DD and huge upgrade from my 1994 Grand Cherokee with 280k miles. I owned the Grand Cherokee for 25 years!

20220730_103507.jpg

20220730_103550.jpg

20220730_103526.jpg

20220730_103517.jpg

20220730_103536.jpg

Sponsored

TX MOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 MOAB
Since the MOAB release they never really repeated the concept with a high end short run variant. I’m happy with the MOAB I have, and maybe you can only do the Rubi/Sahara cross every so often, but just surprised they don’t run that program every year for a month or two.

gqgambler

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bright White Moab
Love the uniqueness of the MOAB and plan to keep it for a while, unless Jeep decides to repeat the concept with a refreshed MOAB. MOAB thread seems quiet these days, but I figured I would start here with a MOAB specific tire question. Got a stock MOAB that I'm looking to change the OEM KM2 tires without a lift/spacers or tailgate reinforcement. I know I'm safe with the 285/70/17 without issues and was thinking of going KO2s or Ultraterrains, but wanted to poll the crowd on favorite tires. Also wanted to know experience with 34s and 35s on a MOAB. They are a bit unnecessary for everyday use but, complete the look nicely. Seems like people have put on 315/70/17 sans lift (@tatarin @JLJeep313 @trimnabo) with no rub and wanted to confirm that and get real world driving input on the. Other question is has anyone split the difference and gone with a 34s (@ictdog) on the MOAB? Want to keep the stock wheels, fenders, and bumpers on it for now, but go with a bigger tire. The impractical kid in me is thinking I should go as large as I can with the tires.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I ran 315s on stock suspension and stock wheels with spacers for a couple of days while waiting on my lift to come in, from what I remember it drove pretty much like stock, although you can feel the larger tire in the steering.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mounted the Spiderex 1.75” spacers. Needed to clear the front control arms at full lock turn

Jeep Wrangler JL MOAB Edition JL Club Thread 20220730_103536

Jeep Wrangler JL MOAB Edition JL Club Thread 20220730_103536
Here is the old picture

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
“Love the uniqueness of the MOAB and plan to keep it for a while, unless Jeep decides to repeat the concept with a refreshed MOAB. MOAB thread seems quiet these days, but I figured I would start here with a MOAB specific tire question.”

Could not agree with you more about keeping the MOAB. As another popular group says, “I’ll give you my [key fob] when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.” Unless, perhaps, they adequately refresh the MOAB and bring back Mojito!

Immediately got rid of the factory rubber (and wheels) upon delivery and replaced with P285/70R17 on Mopar Beadlocks and an AEV 2” spacer lift (prefer the stance). Started out with Nitto Ridge Grapplers, but later moved those to another of my Jeep fleet and now run with Toyo Open Country A/T III. The Toyo is one of the lightest tires in that size group and with over 20,000 miles they still run down the road (and look) like new. No issues with wet surfaces, and the drive, handling, and braking are just fine. Cannot attest to snow because it has spent its lazy winters in Florida. 😂 No experience with 34” or 35”; the 33” were a conscious decision based on everything known to me at the time and certainly no regrets. Would likely do the same tomorrow. However, because variety is the spice of life, the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W will certainly be in the mix at replacement time.

Whichever way you go, best of luck.

Jeep Wrangler JL MOAB Edition JL Club Thread 7E3B9F0E-5130-4975-B76D-B899494FF492
Sponsored