4XE Edition JL Club Thread

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
Here is the thread for the 4xe future/current owners! The 4xe Wrangler is ONLY in the JL Unlimited (4 Door) version for now. It has 375 Horsepower and 470 Lb/ft of torque! 25+ miles of all electric range! 3 modes (E-Save, Hybrid, and Electric). It comes with blue accents (Most on Rubicon).
Sponsored

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Oh dang. It seems there’s not much interest in the 4xe. Is it not a popular option?

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
...It comes with blue accents (Most on Rubicon).
It's cool of Jeep to follow my lead. I always knew I was a trend setter. Notice the blue tow hooks, and calipers.

Seriously though. I think I read somewhere that it was going to be 6K more than the non-hybrid equivalent. It will take a lot of driving for the improved efficiency to offset that, but it can be worth it to some people. I think that's probably why the market isn't too going wild for it.
Even though I don't drive a lot, I'd consider it if I was looking at a new Jeep. That is of course if it wasn't too much more expensive than the a similar gas model.
Looking forward to seeing some real ones, not just the promo shots.

Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE Edition JL Club Thread 19 06-8 (1) resize

Sponsored

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Ordered, GMC Denal Diesel, Triumph Bonnie
Forbes originally announced 4xe as a $4000 option (like Ecodiesel). Since, there have been bogus order sheets that have it at approx $20k. This can’t be true.

I intend to order but not before pricing. If it gets pushed into February I may order the Diesel. To me, these engines are the only thing Wrangler had been missing: low rpm grunt.

Still have an early Bronco Rez that I will allow to go fallow. Come on Jeep, get the 4xe out there!

jdeolivares

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
It's cool of Jeep to follow my lead. I always knew I was a trend setter. Notice the blue tow hooks, and calipers.

Seriously though. I think I read somewhere that it was going to be 6K more than the non-hybrid equivalent. It will take a lot of driving for the improved efficiency to offset that, but it can be worth it to some people. I think that's probably why the market isn't too going wild for it.
Even though I don't drive a lot, I'd consider it if I was looking at a new Jeep. That is of course if it wasn't too much more expensive than the a similar gas model.
Looking forward to seeing some real ones, not just the promo shots.

19 06-8 (1) resize.jpg
Your forgetting the $7500 federal tax credit. If the premium for the 4xe is less than $7500, you bank all the savings from the reduced gas consumption. If the premium is only $6000. You already saved $1500. Living in CA with close to $3.00/gallon , the savings will add up pretty quickly.

My commute to work is around 35 miles each way. My employer provides charging stations at no cost. My Jeep renegade gets around 25mpg. That means every day I will use 2 gallons less gas by running the 4xe full electric to and from work for 50 miles. The 4xe electric range is 25 miles. At $3.00/gallon I save $6.00/day , $30/week or $1560/year. There is also increased mpg running in hybrid mode. it would be slightly less because I did not take into account the cost for electricity to charge it up at night at home. But is is relatively small cost and it is at off peak rates.

Last edited:

Sreilly2

First Name
Reilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your forgetting the $7500 federal tax credit. If the premium for the 4xe is less than $7500, you bank all the savings in reduced gas consumption. Living in CA with close to $3.00/gallon , the savings will add up pretty quickly.
Is there a link describing exactly how the tax credit works? I keep reading about it but people often seem skeptical on applying it.

Sponsored

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Ordered, GMC Denal Diesel, Triumph Bonnie
For vehicles acquired after December 31, 2009, the credit is equal to $2,500 plus, for a vehicle which draws propulsion energy from a battery with at least 5 kilowatt hours of capacity, $417, plus an additional $417 for each kilowatt hour of battery capacity in excess of 5 kilowatt hours. The total amount of the credit allowed for a vehicle is limited to $7,500.

The credit begins to phase out for a manufacturer’s vehicles when at least 200,000 qualifying vehicles have been sold for use in the United States (determined on a cumulative basis for sales after December 31, 2009). For additional information see Notice 2009-89.

4xe meets the requirement for $7500. Plus state credits.

jdeolivares

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Getting the federal credit is pretty easy. when you file your tax return for the year in which you bought a qualifying vehicle, you fill in form 8936. This is a tax credit not a tax deduction. It means, for example, you owe $10000. Fed tax for the year, after the credit you only owe $2500 in fed taxes. The only limitation is you can’t receive more of the tax credit than you owe in taxes. If you only owe $5000 in fed taxes, you only get a $5000 tax credit.

Sreilly2

First Name
Reilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Also, part two of that question: would it be wise to change my tax withholdings to pay at the end of the year rather than each paycheck, then buy in January and get the credit? I imagine that would provide the full value of the credit and also be one of the first 200,000 people to buy.