Sponsored

Making JLUR LED Backup Lights Brighter?

Hinxster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
The OEM LED backup lights on our JLUR aren't very bright, especially in low light conditions. I would love to know what others have done to improve the performance of their backup lights. Please include a picture if you've added auxiliary lighting and are happy with the performance.
Sponsored

koallinbear

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Ordered, 2016 Renegade Trailhawk
Does your Rubi have the LED lighting group or the safety group?

OP
OP

Hinxster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Does your Rubi have the LED lighting group or the safety group?
It has the factory LED light group with the factory steel rear bumper. I don't mind adding auxiliary lighting, but I don't want to change the bumper to do it!

krazyboi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2.0L
It has the factory LED light group with the factory steel rear bumper. I don't mind adding auxiliary lighting, but I don't want to change the bumper to do it!
I have the factory LED lights and the factory steel bumpers. I spliced 2 auxiliary lights to the reverse lights. HUGE difference!

20181025_173439.jpg

20181026_001729.jpg

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Hinxster

I added Rigid Ignite back up lights ($129) and am really pleased with them. Install was very easy. I have them wired so they go on with the stock b/u lights or If I press Aux 3. With them, there is so much light at night when I back up, you'd think it was daytime.

rigid-lites.jpg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’d like someone to make some that would be a drop in for where the reflectors are.
Yup, I'm with you, Bill. My guess is, eventually we will see such an animal.

I will use my Rigid Ignite b/u lights for other lighting and move to the one's that fit in the reflector cavities if and when they are ever available.. I'd expect the "eventually" I mention to be a long time coming, unfortunately.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
I haven’t taken apart my plastic tear bumper. Would it be possible to square the cavities of the reflectors?

Sponsored

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
I mounted two Baja Designs S2 sport lights to my roof rack and used one of the auxiliary switches for them. I ran tailgunner on a recent wheeling trip and these things light up th trails, are easy enough to turn off and on, and use even outside of backing up. They are adjustable both side to side and up and down, and double as camp lights. BD do make flush mount lights that would fit nicely in the bumper or you could mount this style to the top.

Reactions: RC3

ar15rifle

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 2014 Audi A4. 2015 Fiat 500C. 1970 Ford F250
I second the Rigid Ignites. They make it very easy to see backing up at night. I also wired them to the reverse lights and to Aux 3. The wiring was easy (aside from the teeny tiny Ignite wires) and relatively quick.

IMG_0026.jpg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@ar15rifle

You'll be real happy with the Rigid Ignite's back there. I have had them on back of my JL for about 2 months now and geeeeez, so much easier to back up at night with them on. Backup camera view at night is with the Rigid's is geeez, a camera view like you would have in daylight.

They look great back there! Only thing I would urge you to do now is to buy a can of black Rustoleum and spray paint that fruggly looking tail pipe and muffler.. 8-)

snelldogg

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC Sahara ETA 2/3

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have the factory LED lights and the factory steel bumpers. I spliced 2 auxiliary lights to the reverse lights. HUGE difference!

20181026_001729.jpg
Do you have any before/after pictures showing how bright they are (the view, not the lights themselves)? Maybe temporarily cover up the new lights to show before?
Sponsored