Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Well if you look at the illustrations that references the entire ring and pinion kit (item #73). The locker sensor isn't depicted in any of the drawings.
Interesting, the description says its a sensor...
  • SKU:68544629AA
  • Other Names:Sensor

Sponsored

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Well if you look at the illustrations that references the entire ring and pinion kit (item #73). The locker sensor isn't depicted in any of the drawings.
Well I went back to another diagram and found that the locker assy is listed as #110 but the sensor is listed as #111.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
It's about time they offered the damn sensor. What a F'up and issue for many. I didn't want to have an issue so I put a Z harness in the glove box ASAP. It's become time for servicing the diifs., so today I pulled the rear sensor. No oil but potting it anyway. Re-assembly tomorrow. I wish I'd thought out the tube of potting solution a little better. The injector tube will be hard and plugged by the time I tear down the front. The mixing tube looks improbable to clean. FYI, If you are going to do the sensors one at a time, buy two tubes of the potting stuff. Also I was a little apprehensive drilling out the holes and going to deep. For piece of mind, I cut a 1" length of 3/4" wood dowel and drilled the center out so to use it as a depth limiter with the 3/32 drill bit sticking out 1/16", no worries.
Jeep Wrangler JL Locker Position Sensor Potting - DANA 44 dowel for depth

Siskababa

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon 4D
It's about time they offered the damn sensor. What a F'up and issue for many. I didn't want to have an issue so I put a Z harness in the glove box ASAP. It's become time for servicing the diifs., so today I pulled the rear sensor. No oil but potting it anyway. Re-assembly tomorrow. I wish I'd thought out the tube of potting solution a little better. The injector tube will be hard and plugged by the time I tear down the front. The mixing tube looks improbable to clean. FYI, If you are going to do the sensors one at a time, buy two tubes of the potting stuff. Also I was a little apprehensive drilling out the holes and going to deep. For piece of mind, I cut a 1" length of 3/4" wood dowel and drilled the center out so to use it as a depth limiter with the 3/32 drill bit sticking out 1/16", no worries.
Jeep Wrangler JL Locker Position Sensor Potting - DANA 44 dowel for depth
The mixing tube cleans pretty easily. I used a squirt bottle with denatured alcohol (home depot) to start cleaning out the tube until it was fairly clean. Then took it to the sink with hot h20 and repeatedly rinsed it out until it was completely clear. I reused the same tip 4x's (long story) without any issues at all.

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
The paint thinner I tried wasn't the right stuff, even tired the Electrical Contact Cleaner spry can. Gave up and ordered another $11 tube of potting stuff.

Siskababa

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon 4D
The paint thinner I tried wasn't the right stuff, even tired the Electrical Contact Cleaner spry can. Gave up and ordered another $11 tube of potting stuff.
Was it already somewhat dried? I did the cleaning as soon as I was finished with the tip and it worked every time.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Was it already somewhat dried? I did the cleaning as soon as I was finished with the tip and it worked every time.
Yeah, I blew mine out with an air gun and it was good for a touch-up the next day.