Locker issue

Tonopah

First Name
Tonopah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon 2dr 6spd; 2005 TJ (LJ) auto
2020 JT Rubicon. While in 2 wheel drive my locker light went on flashing indicating that the rear locker is engaged. It is not engaged.
This has continued repeatedly with different warning lights coming on and with the off road pages sometimes saying that both lockers are engaged. They are not engaged.

Once my dash popped up a text to the effect that “warning: axle locker needs service” but I only saw that once.

I have put the JT in 4 wheel high and low and engaged the rear and front lockers off and on and they work fine.

Is this just a bad sensor that can easily be replaced or something more significant?
Jeep Wrangler JL Locker issue Sensor3
Jeep Wrangler JL Locker issue Sensor2
Jeep Wrangler JL Locker issue Sensor
Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Have you done any water crossings? changed your diff fluids since new?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Unfortunately this is a common issue and FCA’s repair is to replace the entire axle to fix a simple sensor failure. There are multiple threads in the gear and axle section of this forum.

Gregj

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
2020 JT Rubicon. While in 2 wheel drive my locker light went on flashing indicating that the rear locker is engaged. It is not engaged.
This has continued repeatedly with different warning lights coming on and with the off road pages sometimes saying that both lockers are engaged. They are not engaged.

Once my dash popped up a text to the effect that “warning: axle locker needs service” but I only saw that once.

I have put the JT in 4 wheel high and low and engaged the rear and front lockers off and on and they work fine.

Is this just a bad sensor that can easily be replaced or something more significant?
Lots of reading, but this thread might answer your questions.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/jl-rubicon-owners-how-to-keep-your-locker-sensors-from-failing/

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
so physically sealing the sensor internals with silicone.. wow...
Just hardwiring the lockers would be a simpler route... or the zauto harness.

If it wasn't for zauto's tazer JL my lockers would already be hardwired like the trucks.

OP
OP
Tonopah

Tonopah

First Name
Tonopah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon 2dr 6spd; 2005 TJ (LJ) auto
Thank you for the link to that thread. Heck, I was just going to ask my mechanic son-in-law to clean or replace that sensor. Looks like it will be a trip to the dealership instead. Hope they don't notice the supercharger under the hood.
Sponsored