SouthernJL

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
@Roky I get my lift installed this weekend (2.5 inch RK Adventure lift). I recall from my lift on my previous Jeep that most lifts tend to level the Jeep, taking away the rake. To me, that makes the Jeep look nose high and it bugs me. Do you know if I can add a Teraflex rear spacer to push the rear up a tad? Maybe a 1/2 inch spacer? Not sure if you have to get a particular spacer to play well with the RK lifts.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Roky I get my lift installed this weekend (2.5 inch RK Adventure lift). I recall from my lift on my previous Jeep that most lifts tend to level the Jeep, taking away the rake. To me, that makes the Jeep look nose high and it bugs me. Do you know if I can add a Teraflex rear spacer to push the rear up a tad? Maybe a 1/2 inch spacer? Not sure if you have to get a particular spacer to play well with the RK lifts.
Yes you can use a teraflex rear spacer, no worries.

OP
OP
SouthernJL

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
@Roky Lift installed!! Now I just have to get the wheels and tires installed this weekend. They did have to do an alignment though. I'll upload the before and after measurements. I will say I am disappointed slightly though. I could immediately feel that the ride was rougher than stock. I was hoping that would not be the case. I was really impressed with how the stock suspension soaked up the bumps.

20210616_201204.jpg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Roky Lift installed!! Now I just have to get the wheels and tires installed this weekend. They did have to do an alignment though. I'll upload the before and after measurements. I will say I am disappointed slightly though. I could immediately feel that the ride was rougher than stock. I was hoping that would not be the case. I was really impressed with how the stock suspension soaked up the bumps.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift Advice, Please! 20210616_201204
Hey bud.... sorry to hear your disappointed, what shocks did you get with your kit ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
SouthernJL

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Hey bud.... sorry to hear your disappointed, what shocks did you get with your kit ?
Fox 2.0. The ride isn't horrible. Was just optimistic that this lift would give me a smoother ride than the Teraflex lift did on my JKU. Maybe this is just the way it is when you install a lift....

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Fox 2.0. The ride isn't horrible. Was just optimistic that this lift would give me a smoother ride than the Teraflex lift did on my JKU. Maybe this is just the way it is when you install a lift....
Yeah, I’ve never seen a lift that was soft as stock. But get your tires on and put some miles on it , it should feel better over a little time. What tires on it now, and what’s psi ?

OP
OP
SouthernJL

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Yeah, I’ve never seen a lift that was soft as stock. But get your tires on and put some miles on it , it should feel better over a little time. What tires on it now, and what’s psi ?
Currently the stock Ko2s are on it. I'm upgrading to the new C load 37 inch Ko2s this Saturday. Not sure about the psi... I never checked it since the ride was great from the first day I drove it (stock).

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Currently the stock Ko2s are on it. I'm upgrading to the new C load 37 inch Ko2s this Saturday. Not sure about the psi... I never checked it since the ride was great from the first day I drove it (stock).
I’d check the psi, put it at 30-32 psi warmed up, it’ll ride better and when you get your 37s, you should run them at 30, that combined with the C rating, it should make the ride a lot better than it feels now.

OP
OP
SouthernJL

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
I’d check the psi, put it at 30-32 psi warmed up, it’ll ride better and when you get your 37s, you should run them at 30, that combined with the C rating, it should make the ride a lot better than it feels now.
I'll definitely give it a shot!

Sponsored

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Any reason you decided on RK instead of MetalCloak? I'm also shopping 3.5 inch lifts and having a hard time deciding which. I plan on 37s.
It’s a tuff decision picking a lift for sure. I just really like RKs approach to it, High clearance arms the fact they have greaseable and rebuildable joints. ( I know that’s a turn off for some) The lifetime warranty on all hard parts. It’s upgradable to long arms which I have on order, hoping I hit my mid July delivery date.....🤞

To be honest, you can’t go wrong with either one. MC is a great company, and put out a quality lift.

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
It’s a tuff decision picking a lift for sure. I just really like RKs approach to it, High clearance arms the fact they have greaseable and rebuildable joints. ( I know that’s a turn off for some) The lifetime warranty on all hard parts. It’s upgradable to long arms which I have on order, hoping I hit my mid July delivery date.....🤞

To be honest, you can’t go wrong with either one. MC is a great company, and put out a quality lift.
Thanks for the response. I'm still waiting on My JLU Sport to be delivered. The only thing that makes the wait easier is buying parts and planning ahead. I already have front and rear bumpers, Warn EVO10 winch, Rubi takeoff wheels, Rubi takeoff suspension, Mopar long LCAs, Rubi frame sliders, Rubi speedometer.

If the wait gets any longer I may just end up with 37s, real lift kit, and 4.88s or 5.xxs, maybe a rear locker, maybe a decent front axle. Who knows.

I knew that I wanted a base level Wrangler that I could customize exactly as I wanted. Now if only it would get built. The holdup on building it is that I ordered it in Gecko.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the response. I'm still waiting on My JLU Sport to be delivered. The only thing that makes the wait easier is buying parts and planning ahead. I already have front and rear bumpers, Warn EVO10 winch, Rubi takeoff wheels, Rubi takeoff suspension, Mopar long LCAs, Rubi frame sliders, Rubi speedometer.

If the wait gets any longer I may just end up with 37s, real lift kit, and 4.88s or 5.xxs, maybe a rear locker, maybe a decent front axle. Who knows.

I knew that I wanted a base level Wrangler that I could customize exactly as I wanted. Now if only it would get built. The holdup on building it is that I ordered it in Gecko.
Yeah, you have a blank canvas to create , I’m a little bit jealous.....:rock:

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Your Rubicon is sweet! I just bought a brand new Golf R a year ago. Was like 52k out the door. I couldn't justify spending another 50k on another vehicle but I didn't feel so bad about 38k. At least that's how I justified it to myself. I figure a 400hp awd car goes nicely with a go anywhere vehicle.
Sponsored