Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Your Rubicon is sweet! I just bought a brand new Golf R a year ago. Was like 52k out the door. I couldn't justify spending another 50k on another vehicle but I didn't feel so bad about 38k. At least that's how I justified it to myself. I figure a 400hp awd car goes nicely with a go anywhere vehicle.
Thanks man! ....... yeah I was out of a Jeep for a few years, so I promised myself the best available this time around....lol.
Sponsored

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I'm just looking forward to getting out on the trails, seeing some cool new sights and meeting like minded people!

OP
OP
SouthernJL

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
@Roky After the lift install, when driving on the expressway, heard a weird noise that sounded like the wheel well plastic fluttering in the wind on the drivers side. Got to work this morning, looked under the Jeep and noticed my driver side sway bar link was fully disconnected (Bolt missing).

Glad I caught that but I'm sure that wasn't the source of the sound I'd heard. Took it back to the lift shop today and they replaced the bolt and connected the link. However, as I'm looking at the link with the shop manager, noticed the shop had cut the wheel well plastic to access the area they needed to get to. The sound I was hearing likely was the tattered ends flapping that are no longer anchored in place with the plastic clips. Here are my questions.

Should I be pissed? Was that necessary? My Jeep is only 2 mths old and it now looks a bit tattered in the wheel well area. Should I request the shop to replace the wheel well plastic?

20210618_171404.jpg

20210618_171347.jpg

20210618_171337.jpg

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Roky After the lift install, when driving on the expressway, heard a weird noise that sounded like the wheel well plastic fluttering in the wind on the drivers side. Got to work this morning, looked under the Jeep and noticed my driver side sway bar link was fully disconnected (Bolt missing).

Glad I caught that but I'm sure that wasn't the source of the sound I'd heard. Took it back to the lift shop today and they replaced the bolt and connected the link. However, as I'm looking at the link with the shop manager, noticed the shop had cut the wheel well plastic to access the area they needed to get to. The sound I was hearing likely was the tattered ends flapping that are no longer anchored in place with the plastic clips. Here are my questions.

Should I be pissed? Was that necessary? My Jeep is only 2 mths old and it now looks a bit tattered in the wheel well area. Should I request the shop to replace the wheel well plastic?

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift Advice, Please! 20210618_171337

I
Hey bud,
I’m not sure why they would’ve needed to mess with the inner fenders at all in that location. I sometimes will cut the notch at the top of the shock mount to access the bolt, but that’s it. Not sure why they did that? Definitely worth talking to someone there about it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SouthernJL

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
I'm thinking I will request them to replace the inner liner. At a minimum, they should've consulted with me before cutting it. I didn't include a picture but even at the point where the liner meet the grill, it's tattered. I'm not ready for my brand new Jeep to already look beat up.

whiskey jack

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift Advice, Please! bzOwkffoJcEXcP2OxW
Sponsored