Help/advice please

Fluffhead

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL sport 2 door
How’s it going everyone. I’m in the process of installing rubi suspension on my sport. I’m also swapping my lca’s for the MOPAR 2” lift kit ones. The problem is my axle has rolled/ shifted forward a little. I removed both the lca’s and it happened. Don’t think I should of done that. I can’t get the axle back where it needs to be.
I have both tires off, Jeep on jack stands, and the axle is pretty much on the floor.
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks

C44AA4C0-CC7D-4244-8411-0E26507E332B.jpeg

D7A84AB4-340D-431B-9113-1F29AFCE4B70.jpeg

080DB131-15DA-49DB-A9C5-FC249F8CFC77.jpeg

E5E8ECA0-0E80-4A77-B01B-50328B6499EC.jpeg
Sponsored

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Can you get another floor jack under the spring perch on the axle? Using both jacks (and a helping hand) maybe you can get the axle in the correct position.

Other than that, I have seen many others get creative with ratchet straps attached to the axle..

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
How’s it going everyone. I’m in the process of installing rubi suspension on my sport. I’m also swapping my lca’s for the MOPAR 2” lift kit ones. The problem is my axle has rolled/ shifted forward a little. I removed both the lca’s and it happened. Don’t think I should of done that. I can’t get the axle back where it needs to be.
I have both tires off, Jeep on jack stands, and the axle is pretty much on the floor.
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks

Jeep Wrangler JL Help/advice please E5E8ECA0-0E80-4A77-B01B-50328B6499EC

You need to get your floor jack under the diff. However you can, if you can get your scissor jack under somewhere to lift it enough to get floor jack in. Jack up the diff until you can get the driver side on, then support drivers side with scissor jack or jack stand, then use floor jack on passenger side of axle bring it up until you can get the arm on.

OP
OP

Fluffhead

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL sport 2 door
You need to get your floor jack under the diff. However you can, if you can get your scissor jack under somewhere to lift it enough to get floor jack in. Jack up the diff until you can get the driver side on, then support drivers side with scissor jack or jack stand, then use floor jack on passenger side of axle bring it up until you can get the arm on.
I can get it back under there. I feel like if I jack at the driveshaft knuckle it would get it back in place but not sure if that’s wise. I just need the axle back a little bit. Axle moved forward when the floor jack was under the diff. Thanks for your reply.

OP
OP

Fluffhead

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL sport 2 door
Can you get another floor jack under the spring perch on the axle? Using both jacks (and a helping hand) maybe you can get the axle in the correct position.

Other than that, I have seen many others get creative with ratchet straps attached to the axle..

I can get the jacks pretty much anywhere. I can’t shift it back a few inches. I tried a ratchet strap too. I feel like if I pick up the driveshaft it’ll pull the axle back. Not sure if I should put a jack there tho.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I can get it back under there. I feel like if I jack at the driveshaft knuckle it would get it back in place but not sure if that’s wise. I just need the axle back a little bit. Axle moved forward when the floor jack was under the diff. Thanks for your reply.
No worries.... once you get the diff up. Then you can use bottle jack or scissor jack under the u joint to rotate it.

OP
OP

Fluffhead

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL sport 2 door
No worries.... once you get the diff up. Then you can use bottle jack or scissor jack under the u joint to rotate it.
Good deal. That’s what I’ll do. Thanks. Was my mistake removing both lca’s while axle was suspended?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Good deal. That’s what I’ll do. Thanks. Was my mistake removing both lca’s while axle was suspended?
Yes, always do one side at time, and one arm at a time.

OP
OP

Fluffhead

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL sport 2 door
Yes, always do one side at time, and one arm at a time.
Lesson learned. Haha I’ll holla back tomorrow with some updates. Appreciate your feedback, brother

OP
OP

Fluffhead

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL sport 2 door
I just finished up the rears, they were much easier.
I got my front axle back in place by putting a tire back on, and then I was able to move the axle with that tire. I got about 2” of lift with this rubi eco suspension swap. This was on my gladiator, I’ve found that folks on this forum are more helpful than the gladiator one. I appreciate y’all’s input. See ya on the trails.
Sponsored