Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Roky I ordered a RK 2.5 Adventure lift today.... So, soon I'll be getting some height! As for the EVO carrier, is it adjustable? On my JK I had a Rugged Ridge carrier and regretted it because it wasn't adjustable and the tire was higher than it needed to be obstructing my view. This time around I want to make sure I can lower the tire to rest on the bumper.
Sweet....that’s great ........yes the evo is adjustable up and down, also in and out so whatever width tire you have you can still snug it up tight.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SouthernJL

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Sweet....that’s great ........yes the evo is adjustable up and down, also in and out so whatever width tire you have you can still snug it up tight.
Perfect! Thanks!

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I’ll chime in. As others have mentioned, the Rubi can handle 37’s and a lift without the need to regear. Using the funds towards a complete suspension kit over a spacer kit is a better use of your money.

OP
OP
SouthernJL

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
I’ll chime in. As others have mentioned, the Rubi can handle 37’s and a lift without the need to regear. Using the funds towards a complete suspension kit over a spacer kit is a better use of your money.
Thanks for the input. I order the RK 2.5 inch Adventure lift with fox 2.0 shocks yesterday.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just had a shop quote me $600 for install plus $88 for alignment. Does that sound reasonable?
That doesn’t sound to bad, as long as it’s a shop that’s familiar with the JL. I wouldn’t charge you if I was near you, I’d only ask that you donate whatever you could afford to my go fund me for my long arms...🤣...... what’s the exact kit you got? There are several versions.

OP
OP
SouthernJL

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
That doesn’t sound to bad, as long as it’s a shop that’s familiar with the JL. I wouldn’t charge you if I was near you, I’d only ask that you donate whatever you could afford to my go fund me for my long arms...🤣...... what’s the exact kit you got? There are several versions.
This one, along with fox 2.0 shocks

MyLift.png

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
This one, along with fox 2.0 shocks

MyLift.png
With that kit you shouldn’t need an alignment. The control arms are fixed( non adjustable) and the front track bar is used to center the axles, the rear relocation bracket is plug and play, so there’s really nothing they need to align so you could save yourself the 88..00.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SouthernJL

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
With that kit you shouldn’t need an alignment. The control arms are fixed( non adjustable) and the front track bar is used to center the axles, the rear relocation bracket is plug and play, so there’s really nothing they need to align so you could save yourself the 88..00.
Interesting. Thanks for the advice! $88 bucks doesn't break the bank but I'm also happy to not spend money that doesn't have to be spent. I'm sure I can find another way to blow $88 bucks on the Jeep lol.

Stefano5777

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vm.tiktok.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Stingray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Sold my lifted JKU on 35s last month after 3 years of ownership and purchased a 2021 JLUR. After being pretty much locked in for a year (Covid), I'm anxious to really enjoy this warm season to the fullest in my new ride. Just purchased wheels and tires yesterday and they should be here in a couple of weeks (37s with 17 inch wheels). I went a little cheap on my JKUs lift and although the ride wasn't horrible, there was certainly room for improvement. Based on what I've been reading on this forum, a quality lift with quality shocks seems to hover around $2000-$2500. However, with the wheel/tire purchase AND the need to purchase an aftermarket tire carrier AND budgeting for a re-gear, I was thinking of a plan to stagger my lift costs

My idea was to get a 2.5 inch spacer lift for now along with quality shocks, perhaps fox 2.0. Then later when I'm ready for a real lift and the coffer has been replenished (maybe in a year), I'll already have the shocks I need to mate with the new lift.

In this next year, there likely will not be any off-roading. Since I had a lifted JKU on 35s, I'm aware that ride comfort will take a hit. What I don't know though is how much ride quality changes with a spacer lift w/quality shocks vs a real quality coil lift.

Are there any negatives to this plan that I may not have considered?
Based on my experience if you are not planning on doing any major off-road activity the best lift in quality and value is the Dynatrac lift. It will give you 2" of lift uses specifically tuned Fox shocks, better ride than stock and not cost significantly more than just Fox shocks and spacer lift.
Like Roky I am on RK 3.5" lift and absolutely love it. I originally lifted my JLUR with the Dynatrac than RK 2.5" and now RK 3.5".
Unlike Roky I have regeared since going to 37" tires as I never saw 8th gear with my 3.6.

OP
OP
SouthernJL

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Based on my experience if you are not planning on doing any major off-road activity the best lift in quality and value is the Dynatrac lift. It will give you 2" of lift uses specifically tuned Fox shocks, better ride than stock and not cost significantly more than just Fox shocks and spacer lift.
Like Roky I am on RK 3.5" lift and absolutely love it. I originally lifted my JLUR with the Dynatrac than RK 2.5" and now RK 3.5".
Unlike Roky I have regeared since going to 37" tires as I never saw 8th gear with my 3.6.
Thanks for the input but I have already ordered the RK 2.5 lift. I did see a Youtube video from Trail Recon and I believe he mentioned the Dynatrac lift being his favorite for on road performance.

Stefano5777

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vm.tiktok.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Stingray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the input but I have already ordered the RK 2.5 lift. I did see a Youtube video from Trail Recon and I believe he mentioned the Dynatrac lift being his favorite for on road performance.
Yeah after I posted I realized I should have read page 2 of thread. To be honest you are better off in the long run with the lift you purchased. Will allow more customization. Roky is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to RK. He should be an ambassador for RK.

OP
OP
SouthernJL

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Yeah after I posted I realized I should have read page 2 of thread. To be honest you are better off in the long run with the lift you purchased. Will allow more customization. Roky is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to RK. He should be an ambassador for RK.
Yes I can tell he really knows his stuff!
Sponsored