2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
I don't even know what your talking about anymore.

Halogens and incandescent are the same thing
Good luck dude nice talking w yuh
OK, technically Halogens are a type of incandescent, but when talking lights, most people think of Halogens as the hotter light (due to a smaller surface area) versus standard incandescent bulbs which have a larger surface area and therefore less concentrated heat.

You gotta love what bkgray115 is trying - can't wait to see how that works in the snow. Some of the higher-end imports have sprayers and that seems to help, while those with the wipers too really have an edge in the snow.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
This must be your first winter with the leds
Ahh, not quite ! I live in Vt . The recessed light is a problem but the real problem with headlights in winter,is the accumulation of salt and filth ,which inevitably decrease the effectiveness of your headlights. We get a little more snow up here than you guys in Ma. , and I will tell you that Im not out driving in snowstorms, at night ,very often , so its not a real issue . Hey you cleanem out . You shouldnt be driving at night when its coming down an inch an hour or more, anyway . And once again, that doesnt happen very often.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ClaytonW

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Lexus LX570
Unfortunately, this is a known problem. This happens not only on my JL but also on my LX 570. Not a big issue for me.
BTW, Lexus resolved it in 2018 models with heated LED headlights. It looks that Jeep ignores it.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
Ahh, not quite ! I live in Vt . The recessed light is a problem but the real problem with headlights in winter ,more so than snow ,is the accumulation of salt and filth ,which inevitably decrease the effectiveness of your headlights. We get a little more snow up here than you guys in Ma. , and I will tell you that Im not out driving in snowstorms, at night ,very often , so its not a real issue . Hey you cleanem out . You shouldnt be driving at night when its coming down an inch an hour or more, anyway . And once again, that doesnt happen very often.
Driving when its snowing 1" or more every hour, night or day, is what I LIVE FOR IN WINTER. What kinda Jeep owner are you if not!

How can you sit home and not drive the Jeep.

Oh and driving in a snowfall (at night) is unavoidable if you work for a living and need to go home after dusk.

If I were to take one wild guess...my guess would be this is your very first winter with your JL.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Driving when its snowing 1" or more every hour, night or day, is what I LIVE FOR IN WINTER. What kinda Jeep owner are you if not!

How can you sit home and not drive the Jeep.

Oh and driving in a snowfall (at night) is unavoidable if you work for a living and need to go home after dusk.

If I were to take one wild guess...my guess would be this is your very first winter with your JL.
I said "night". I live in ski area ,I live for snow. I dont need to drive at night when its coming down. Apparently you havent done much blizzard driving. Last word is yours

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
I said "night". I live in ski area ,I live for snow. I dont need to drive at night when its coming down. Apparently you havent done much blizzard driving. Last word is yours
of course I have, have you not read my posts lol.

Let me get this straight, your rebutle to the led issue is to not drive during dark hours when it so happens to snow?! :CWL:

You realize it gets dark around 4 in our neck of the woods right?:asshat:

Good luck with that dude...btw coming up your way in couple weeks. Hopefully if it snows I make it there before sunset.

...."dont need to drive at night" bahahaaaaa that's hilarious:LOL:

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
wow that was easy! 15 min fully installed and has a ton of pressure. only prob is I need to adjust the spray a bit up or find diff sprayers.

20191115_160927.jpg

20191115_160853.jpg

20191115_162354.jpg

20191115_161952.jpg
Ok now that's a good mod. Would be even better if it has its own pump and aux switch. So you won't have to spray the windshield. But not going to lie I probably won't care and best of all looks very oem. Nice

Sponsored

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
wow that was easy! 15 min fully installed and has a ton of pressure. only prob is I need to adjust the spray a bit up or find diff sprayers.
Wow, super slick install! Well done! Would be neat to wire up a solenoid valve or something to toggle between headlights and rear window.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I just keep a spray bottle of 70% rubbing alcohol in the car.

Which that essentially looks to be a mix of rubbing alcohol and methanol.
Does the ethanol harm the seals around the headlight apparatus when you spray it? I'm assuming there is some sort of seal around there to keep moisture out of the headlight...or is that what blinker fluid does, keep the headlights from blinking? :movember:

OP
OP
bkgray115

bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Ok now that's a good mod. Would be even better if it has its own pump and aux switch. So you won't have to spray the windshield. But not going to lie I probably won't care and best of all looks very oem. Nice
it's not hooked up to windshield. it's coming off the rear window so it as near to it's own setup as you can get.

OP
OP
bkgray115

bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, super slick install! Well done! Would be neat to wire up a solenoid valve or something to toggle between headlights and rear window.
after talking to the service guys our JL's only have 1 pump. So I couldn't think of a way to split the feed that way without spending a lot of money and taking up a ton of room under the hood.
Sponsored