Sponsored

Leather smell overwhelming

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
This is my first Jeep with leather. The scent is really overwhelming. Almost synthetic. I have owned/own BMW,Mercedes,Porsche, GMC, etc. Never have I experienced a scent so strong. Anybody else? When will it subside?
Maybe you should have ordered the Urban Starbucks package with your Jeep. It comes standard with the Mall Crawler package that also includes gloves for changing your tire.

I'm kidding, just having fun with your post
Sponsored

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
You got a 2020 JKUR? Maybe the leather is old and mildewy? :facepalm:

Sponsored

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
This is my first Jeep with leather. The scent is really overwhelming. Almost synthetic. I have owned/own BMW,Mercedes,Porsche, GMC, etc. Never have I experienced a scent so strong. Anybody else? When will it subside?
ugh..... ok

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is/wasn't overwhelming. Maybe the dealer put some type of cleaner on it? Take a damp rag and wipe down all leather surfaces and let it breathe with windows down, top off, etc.
Just what I was going to suggest. Set 'er out in the sun, windows down, and let it air things out. Mine didn't smell that strong, but everyone has different tolerances to odors.

Jelllo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I have cloth seats and when I took delivery, I got a headache from the chemical smell. Took the hardtop off and the smell went away.

Sponsored

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Funny this is my first new vehicle, and we took off the freedom tops the moment we took possession, so I never got to experience that new car smell or the leather! And I'm okay with that!!! olllllllo

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Drive with the windows/top down as much as you can for a month or so, it fades quick. It’s not the leather, there’s barely any actual leather in there anyway.

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It's likely because it's new. So it will go away overtime i'm sure - just like that new car smell goes away. :rock:

I got cloth seats for a few reasons over leather - the only way i'd do leather is if it had seat coolers/ventilation - Jeep has that in the Grand Cherokee that my wife has, and being in Arizona, it's great! If I do decide to go leather, i figured i'd just save money and do it aftermarket rather than pay a premium from the factory/dealer for the same quality.

It's a real jeep, whether you have leather or cloth seats, hard/soft top, or if you have the doors on/off. It's always boggled my mind and how Jeepers bash each other for what a "real jeep" is. If it's a wrangler, it's a Jeep. Get over it if it's not the same generation as what someone consider a "real jeep" - we're all enjoying the Jeep life together, whether we rock crawl, overland or mall crawl. :like:

:jk:

OP
OP
Gellie

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
It's likely because it's new. So it will go away overtime i'm sure - just like that new car smell goes away. :rock:

I got cloth seats for a few reasons over leather - the only way i'd do leather is if it had seat coolers/ventilation - Jeep has that in the Grand Cherokee that my wife has, and being in Arizona, it's great! If I do decide to go leather, i figured i'd just save money and do it aftermarket rather than pay a premium from the factory/dealer for the same quality.

It's a real jeep, whether you have leather or cloth seats, hard/soft top, or if you have the doors on/off. It's always boggled my mind and how Jeepers bash each other for what a "real jeep" is. If it's a wrangler, it's a Jeep. Get over it if it's not the same generation as what someone consider a "real jeep" - we're all enjoying the Jeep life together, whether we rock crawl, overland or mall crawl. :like:

:jk:
Yea. I was adamantly opposed to getting leather since I ride with my dog so much. Also didn’t want to worry about it if I left the top open. But,I have to admit (ex smell) it is really nice.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I found it’s the hardtop that’s has that smell. A real leather smell like Bentley and RR is really fantastic. I have a friend who owns a dealership of the above and I got some of their delivery spray which is spot on what those cars smell like. They soak some strips that go under the seats. I just spritz some in the far back. My Jeep smells dead on like a RR, even to the point people comment on it.
Sponsored